"Hey, I recognize you!"
"What? No you don't, I'm wearing a disguise!"
"No, you were just in my store, buying shoe polish!"
"So, the infamous detective Batman...at last we meet...!"
"..."

And the runner-ups:

sultan229
Okay, this has to be done...
BUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPPPPPP! Ah, sliders and grape ne-hi!
(I'm new as a member, but I've been reading this site for years)

Welcome!

BORKfromORK
Paula: No.

Randy: No.

Simon: No.

Black Canary: But I haven't started singing yet!

Simon: Doesn't matter. Good bye.

jrs1980
From the makers of Hally Berry's Catwoman costume comes Smallville's Dinah Lance costume. Pride sold seperately.

super surfer
In keeping with Smallville's version of continuity, this is Clark Kent's future wife.

super surfer
Neal, why do you look so scared in your avatar photo? Does it have something to do with the look of joyful excitement on Dinah's face? Does she frighten you?

It's supposed to be mock rage. Crap. I knew there was a reason I became a writer instead of an actor.

writrzblok
Neal: AAAAHHHH!!!!!

Black Canary: AAAAHHH!!!!!!

Neal: AAAAAHHHHHWHY ARE WE SCREAMING AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Black Canary: AAAHHHHH YOU LOOK LIKE TOM SIZEMORE IN STRANGE DAYS AHH!!!!!

Neal: SAYS JULIETTE LEWIS IN STRANGE DAYS AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

I honestly have no clue what this means, but it made me laugh.

writrzblok
"I like Turtles" was perhaps the strangest Speed Metal music video ever made.

King of win.

writrzblok
Green Arrow pantomimes his last encounter with Dinah, though Clark is temporarily deafened by her scream. When Clark begins to regain his hearing, Oliver ends the story with, "And that's why they call it a Coast City Coat Hanger."

And don't forget the Metropolis Klingon. It involves Lobo, cheese, and a rubber band.

Terminal
*Chortles*
Dinah: What?
Lex: The eighties called they want their costume back.
Dinah: Stop saying that!

Silver Superman
Black Canary: AHHHHHH

Neal: AHHHHHHHHH

Black Canary and Neal: Pause... AHHHHHHHHHH!!!

sneakymonkey
Neal (singing to Black Canary from judge picture): Turn around...

Black Canary: Every now and then I get a little bit lonely and you're never coming around

Neal: Turn around, bright eyes!

Black Canary (turns around singing to Neal): Every now and then I fall apart! And I need---

Neal: Oh my God! What did you do to your face?! Song's over. Song's over.

JasonSpidey
Ah, Smallville. Where Lana is God, Clark doesn't wear glasses, Brainiac is a jaundiced homeless man, and Black Canary has a Melissa Etheridge haircut. Good times.

Oh, wait. Take that last part back.

JasonSpidey
Seriously, Joe, HE MAKES A DEAL WITH THE F***ING DEVIL?!? JESUS HIMSELF TELLS HIM "IT'S TIME TO LET GO," AND PETER PARKER GOES AND MAKES A DEAL WITH THE DEVIL TO SAVE HIS ANCIENT AUNT - WHO BY THE WAY, TOLD HIM IN A SEANCE THAT SHE DIDN'T WANT TO COME BACK! THIS IS CONSIDERED MORE "ACCEPTABLE" THAN A DIVORCE?!? BY WHOSE STANDARDS?!? BIZARRO? STALIN? BIZARRO STALIN?!?

AND THE DEVIL DOESN'T WANT HIS SOUL, HE WANTS HIS MARRIAGE?!? WHAT THE ****ING **** ******* ******* *** IS THAT?!?!?!? WHY DIDN'T YOU HAVE THEM JUST MAKE THE DEAL WITH YOU DIRECTLY IN THE COMIC, FOR CHRISSAKES? SO NOW THE DEVIL, TOO IS OUT TO DESTROY THE SANCTITY OF MARRIAGE?!? JUST LIKE TED KENNEDY, RIGHT?

Whoo! Sorry. Had that on my chest for a while.

And though it's completely irrelevant to the image at hand, the contest, of even a Superman site in general, to quote Judge Reinhold: "I'm gonna allow it."

bratpop
Clark: "No, I'm just saying, you should get a refund for your Real Doll."

super surfer
Clark: Close your mouth Dinah. You're letting the bosons in.

jimmy mac
Neal: "AAAAAH! TAMMY FAYE BAKKER HAS RISEN FROM THE GRAAAAAAAVE!"

Tammy Faye: "An Atheist, Eh? I'LL put the Fear of God into you, my pretty! AH-HA-HA-HA!!!!"

Pffft! I put a stake in Tammy Faye in 1986. The government has you thinking that robot is the real Tammy.

Kev-El
In brightest day, in darkest night...no straight male can ignore my tights. Let those who worship spandex, BEWARE MY POWER ... Raccoon Girl's might!

SprGrlRVG
Black Canary: Wait, all you had to do was mention Aaron and Neil's names and they made you a runner-up.

SprgrlRVG: Yeah.

Black Canary: SWEET!

Now you're getting it!

SprGrlRVG
Black Canary: *thoughtfully* You might have a better chance of winning if you spell Neal's name correctly.

SprGrlRVG: Right you are! Sorry, Neal!

Oh, now you're not getting in at all. Hey, wait!

sneakymonkey
Ah, yet another attempt at Smallville to inject some legitimacy into their wacked out, commercialized mythos by adding in yet another poorly interpreted crossover character from the comics.

It's sort of like if your dog poops on the rug, and you try and scrub it out with more dog poop.

Stay tuned!!!!!!

jimmy mac
"If I see one more SMALLVILLE photo on the Caption Contest -- I'LL SCREAM!"

As I said last week, we take submissions. See above. I use Smallville because there are many, and they are frequently forthcoming. And funny.

sneakymonkey
Man, you know things are bad for planet Earth when desperate raccoons turn to prositution.

sneakymonkey
Ha! Neal's pic looks like Saruman fell into a vat of Cherry Kool-Aid.

When you're in my tower, I will shoot any birds you try to whisper to!

Caption Contest Archives