Caption Contest

January 6, 2005 Caption Contest

Caption Competition

Winner:
tigernach
I was about to be a sad day at the flag bearing presentation. There was no wind to bear the flag to glory. but Lex, being the hard core patriotic american that he is, saved the day with beans and good aim.!

Runners-up were:

Graywolf76
What Superman uses as a dart board.

DarkSuperman
Lex: And as President, I promise to strike this pose whenever someone says 'Lex 0wnZ'...and if not elected...I will rejoin my band...RIGHT SAID FRED!!!!

Having caught this reference, I am officially ready for carousel. Goodbyyyyyyyye! (Too sexy for my contest...)

DarkSuperman
Superman: Does anyone know if Solomon Grundy is on OUR side...or THEIR side??? Cuz...ya know...he IS flying....

Explanation: This one made me laugh hysterically because it was for last week's contest. Had to put it in here. It made me laugh. That's the rules. Cracked the old stone face!

tigernach
I love the smell of kryptonite in the morning! Smells like...victory.

Stick
Lex: As of today-- you got it-- Superman is now a part... of the Axis of Evil. How d'ya like that, tough guy?

RedHobbes
This message brought to you by LexCorp's Re-Elect Lex Luthor for Office, sponsored by LexCorp, and endorsed by Lex Luthor. Be sure to see Lex Luthor as his whistle-stop tour of the West Coast swings through Casa Del Lex, and Otisburg.

mildmannerednick
"There's a saying in Smallville...we have it in Metropolis, You have it in Smallville too, Fool me once, shame on you...foool me ...um, uh...the point is -You can't get fooled again!"

Doright
The problem is when Lex Luthor runs for President when someone says hanging chad they'll really mean there is a guy named chad who was hung.

Mr Majestic
Lex: As President, I promise to fight for truth, justice, and Old Spice for everyone.

Mr Majestic
Lex: My fellow Americans. I'm pleased to announce that I've signed legislation outlawing the Lana Lang. We will begin bombing in five minutes.

Mr Majestic
Lex: I am Jack's smirking revenge.

Adenjo
"Put your hands on your hips.. And pull you're Knees in tight.. And it's the pelvic thrust... That'll drive you insane... LET'S DO THE TIMEWARP AGAIN!"

Hatman
"Man! Lookit them Terminator 3 nukes go!"

Hatman
"HEEEEEEEEY MACARENA!!"

Hatman
[Poli Sci Teacher]: "...and to make a long story short, that's how Black Manta and Sinestro got appointed to the Supreme Court."

cyberv
Luthor: And I promise, above all else, that it shall be my highest priority to ensure that the Superman Homepage's Caption Contest shall return to it's weekly schedule!!! I shall not rest until Bailey keeps his word and keeps it fresh! VOTE FOR ME!

Bwa ha ha! You wish! This week I have a good excuse. I was violently ill. Ha! You feel guilty now, don't you? Don't you? Bah! Nothing but pictures of Streaky from here on out! NO BEPPO!

Gislef
Lex Luthor - Lord of the Dance!

Shalamarke
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

I only give this one credit because it is currently scrawled on a post-it on my monitor's side.

Gislef
Kerry in Vietnam? Bush flying planes in the Texas Air Guard? Gore snapping photos in Vietnam? Heck - I've had 50 years of going up and almost-winning against the world's strongest superhero, a guy who can juggle planets, and I used a cruddy purple-green outfit, some giant robots, a laser pistol, and a pair of flying gloves. Now that's "combat experience" you can take to the bank!

Shalamarke
As the President, I formally announce Neal Bailey as the winner of the Dark Idol contest, and if you have something to say about it, you can talk to my buddy Brainiac, here... Now, onto the new caption contest!

Done aaaaaaaaand DONE!

Caption Contest Archives