Superman: Doomsday Animated DVD MovieIn mid-2006 Warner Bros. announced that they had launched a new Direct-to-DVD Animation division that would be producing a range of DC Universe projects.
Superman: DoomsdayIn an epic tale of sacrifice, Superman battles an intergalactic serial killer in a superpowered Armageddon - "Superman: Doomsday".
After Superman makes the ultimate sacrifice to save Metropolis by giving his life to defeat the foe, those who loved him the most mourn their fallen hero and friend. But a world without Superman proves to be short-lived when the Man of Steel mysteriously returns. Or does he?
Based on the best-selling graphic novel of all time, The Death of Superman.
Adam Baldwin - Superman/Clark Kent
Anne Heche - Lois Lane
James Marsters - Lex Luthor
John DiMaggio - Toyman/Cab Driver/Cameraman
Tom Kenny - Robot/Alien Authority/Soldier in Tank
Swoosie Kurtz - Martha Kent
Cree Summer - Mercy Graves/Boy (43)/Young Toddler
Ray Wise - Perry White
Adam Wylie - Jimmy Olsen
Director by Bruce Timm, Lauren Montgomery, & Brandon Vietti
Produced by Bruce Timm
Story by Duane Capizzi & Bruce Timm
Screenplay by Duane Capizzi
Edited by Joe Gall
Music by Robert Kral
Casting & Voice Direction: Andrea Romano
Line Producer: Bobbie Page
Executive Producer: Sander Schwartz
U.S./Canada Release Date: September 18, 2007
International Release Date: November 20, 2007 (includes Australia, Greece, Hungary, Israel, Portugal, Turkey, and UK)
Official Website: www.supermandoomsdaydvd.com
Official Press Release:
Warner Home Video, DC Comics and Warner Bros. Animation are set to release an all-new original movie Superman: Doomsday on September 18, 2007.
Utilizing the vast history and tradition of DC Comic's classic comic book stories along with a more provocative and action-packed story line for avid comic fans as well as kids and their parents, Superman: Doomsday features the voices of Adam Baldwin ("Independence Day") as Superman, Anne Heche ("Men in Trees") as Lois Lane and James Marsters ("Buffy the Vampire Slayer") as Lex Luthor, and will be available for US$19.98. Order due date is August 14, 2007.
Produced by Bruce Timm (Justice League Unlimited, Batman: The Animated Series) and written by Duane Capizzi (The Batman, The Batman vs. Dracula), Superman: Doomsday is inspired by the best-selling graphic novel of all time, DC Comics' The Death of Superman. When the intergalactic serial killer Doomsday is unearthed, Superman meets the creature head on in the battle to end all battles. Going punch for punch, Superman finally ends the threat of Doomsday as he throws one last punch and collapses forever - making the ultimate sacrifice to save Metropolis and all those he once loved.
Superman: Doomsday will be available exclusively on DVD with collectable packaging as well as over 70 minutes of incredible DVD extras including:
- "The Clash of the Juggernauts" - A retrospective look at the craze which caught the world by storm. What happens when millions of fans are suddenly subjected to the death of their favorite character? Total mayhem! Going on record about the "Death of Superman" will be Paul Levitz and other DC staff as well as comic book artists throughout the industry. News clippings, reports and first-hand archival testimony from fans will be pieced together in a retrospective way. The featurette will also include a closer look at the dark Superman appearing in "The Return of Superman" graphic novel.
- The Artists Playground... From Art to Sound Design in Superman Doomsday - Producer Bruce Timm and his creative team of writers, animators and designers will take us on an exciting journey of character evolution. This documentary will focus on early character concept drawings, final character art, various stages of modeling, storyboards, animatics, layering of colors, voice talent and ultimately final animation.
- Justice League: The New Frontier - Sneak peak of the next DC Universe Original Movie
- Defeat Doomsday: Battle Challenge - Battle as Superman to defeat Doomsday in this fast-action, dexterity challenge which lets the users relive the epic battle with unique gameplay inter-cut with footage from the movie.
- Widescreen (1.78:1)
- 5.1 Dolby Digital
Superman: Doomsday Marketing Support:
Superman: Doomsday will be supported by a massive media campaign delivering millions of impressions. Marketing support will also include strong promotion support as well as explosive online promotion stunts. Finally, the DVD release of Superman: Doomsday will be supported by a network television premiere.
Superman Franchise Information
The ultimate Superhero is the ultimate global icon:
- Universal awareness across all age groups
- Combined Superman films have generated over $1 billion in worldwide box office
- Over 35 Superman titles on video and DVD
- Superman comic books in over 40 countries
- 400 licensing partners worldwide
DC Comics, Warner Home Video (WHV) and Warner Bros. Animation (WBA) began the production and distribution of "DC Universe," a series of original, animated PG-13 movies in July 2006. This original made for DVD movie is part of the DC Universe series of animated PG-13 films written and directed by acclaimed comic book creators and animators and featuring recognizable talent. WHV will be the exclusive worldwide home entertainment distributor for all DC Universe movies which will include a slate of 2-3 action-packed films per year. Superman: Doomsday is the first DC Universe original animated movie. Other DC properties with films in development include Justice League, Teen Titans, Green Lantern, Flash and Wonder Woman.
Street Date: September 18, 2007
Order Due Date: August 14, 2007
Languages: English, Spanish
Run Time: 75 minutes approx.
Aspect Ratio: Widescreen (1.78:1)
Audio: 5.1 Dolby Surround Stereo
Superman: Doomsday Original Movie
Price: $19.98 SRP / No MAP DVD catalog: #74621