Superman vs. The Elite Animated MovieWORLD SAVED, HUMANITY LOST
GET READY FOR THE NEXT ALL-NEW DC UNIVERSE ANIMATED ORIGINAL MOVIE SUPERMAN VS. THE ELITE COMING JUNE 12, 2012 FROM WARNER HOME VIDEO
NCIS star Pauley Perrette teams with Justice League alum George Newbern in animated Blu-rayTM Combo Pack & DVD version of Joe Kelly's heralded "What's So Funny About Truth, Justice and the American Way?"
The Man of Steel comes face-to-face with powerful villains, daunting rivals and a society more interested in retribution than justice when a new, less-ethical breed of super hero arrives in Metropolis in Superman vs. The Elite, the next entry in the popular, ongoing series of DC Universe Animated Original Movies. Produced by Warner Premiere, DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation, the all-new, PG-13 rated film arrives June 12, 2012 from Warner Home Video as a Blu-rayTM Combo Pack ($24.98 SRP) and DVD ($19.98 SRP), On Demand and for Download. Both the Blu-rayTM Combo Pack and DVD will include an UltraVioletTM Digital Copy.
Award-winning comics writer Joe Kelly has crafted a taut, thrilling screenplay, adapted from the original 2001 DC Comics release, "What's So Funny About Truth, Justice and the American Way?," by Kelly and Doug Mahnke with Lee Bermejo. The single-issue comic, Action Comics #775, was lauded by Wizard Magazine as the "Greatest Superman Story of All Time," and ranked the epic tale at No. 21 on its list of the "Top 100 Comics of the last 30 years."
In the film, Superman's effectiveness as a super hero comes into question when a new group of super powerful crusaders, known as "The Elite," appear on the scene. As super heroes, the Elite know no bounds, and are more than willing to kill, even on a massive scale, to stop villainy -- putting them on a collision course with the ever-ethical and decidedly non-lethal Man of Steel.
George Newbern (Father of the Bride) reprises his Justice League animated role as Superman, and primetime television star Pauley Perrette (NCIS) provides the voice of Lois Lane. Versatile voice actor Robin Atkin Downes (Babylon 5, Justice League: Doom) steps in as Manchester Black, leader of The Elite. David Kaufman (Justice League: Doom) also reprises his Justice League TV series role as Jimmy Olsen.
The film is directed by Michael Chang (Batman: The Brave and the Bold). Sam Register (Young Justice, Teen Titans, Ben 10) and Bruce Timm (Batman: Year One) are the executive producers. Alan Burnett is producer.
"Superman vs. The Elite adds to the rich legacy of the DC Universe Animated Original Movies series, spotlighting an important chapter in the annals of Man of Steel stories," said Mary Ellen Thomas, Warner Home Video Vice President, Family & Animation and Partner Brands Marketing. "Bringing back George Newbern gives the film a nice touch of nostalgia for fans of the Justice League animated series, and Pauley Perrette gives Lois Lane altogether new dimensions with her performance."
- Standard and high definition versions of the feature film
- UltraVioletTM Digital Copy*
- Sneak Peak at Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 1, the next DC Universe Animated Original Movie
- Featurette - "The Elite Unbound: No Rules, No Mercy" - A short documentary focused upon The Elite, and their arc of character throughout the comics. Even the anti-heroes have their own struggles ... and triumphs. It's all highlighted in this compelling film that begins with the inspiration of The Authority, and how The Elite became the answer to that book, and a fresh approach for DC Comics in the post 9/11 world. It was an unexpected twist to the pages of Action Comics, and this documentary summarizes the true potency of these Elite.
- Featurette - "Superman and the Moral Debate" - There's a prevailing thought about ending terrorism and ridding our Earth of the maladjusted once and for all - by fighting fire with fire! This is the story of The Elite, a band of fringe Superheroes who were compelled to eradicate the Earth of its scum, its tyranny and evil once and for all, not with words, but with raw unadulterated action, designed to kill their opponents. This is their controversial story.
- Creative team audio commentary
- Two bonus episodes from Superman: The Animated Series handpicked by producer Alan Burnett: Brave New Metropolis and Warrior Queen.
- Digital Comic - Action Comics #775 - "What's So Funny About Truth, Justice & the American Way?"
- All-Star Superman revisited: sneak peak
- Batman/Superman: Public Enemies revisited: sneak peak
- Photo Gallery - The upcoming The Dark Knight Rises Theatrical Release
* Superman vs. The Elite UltraViolet Digital Copy is a limited time offer. Restrictions and limitations apply. Go to ultraviolet.flixster.com/info for details.