2001 Merchandise & Miscellaneous News Archives
November 2, 2001: Superman BellyWashers!Batman and Superman Join Forces with In Zone Brands to add Super Hero Power to Successful BellyWashersTM Line-Up
DC Comics and In Zone Brands announced that legendary super heroes, Batman and Superman are teaming up to add two new exciting products to In Zone Brands' successful kids' beverage line, BellyWashersTM. Beginning in October, The Caped Crusader and The Man of Steel will fly onto shelves nationwide in the form of 3-D sipper drinks.
BellyWashers is a complete line of collectable, novelty beverages for children. The 100% vitamin-C fortified drinks are packaged in 3-D collectable, refillable sports bottles with toppers created in the likeness of licensed and non-licensed characters that are appealing to kids of all ages.
"BellyWashers gives kids a chance to see our characters come to life in a colorful and exciting way," said Joel Ehrlich, Senior Vice President, Advertising and Promotions for DC Comics and Warner Bros. Consumer Products. "BellyWashers beverages are visually appealing, healthy and have the ability to be distributed at several types of retail outlets, and gain popularity with families. Our brands appeal to a broad consumer base. With the addition of these legendary super heroes to this creative line of beverages, we continue to entertain audiences from comic book stores to convenience stores."
Developed for children ages four and older, each BellyWashers line contains a unique character-appropriate drink flavor. Featuring movable arms, the Batman and Superman fruit drink flavor is Black Cherry Blast and the juice comes in a dark red color. Other popular Warner Bros. characters featured in the line include the beloved Looney Tunes and Scooby-Doo, as well as Cartoon NetworkTM property, The Powerpuff Girls. The BellyWashers' bottles are dishwasher safe for continued use.
"We are very excited to join forces with DC Comics and add the power of these super heroes to our BellyWashers line," said In Zone Brands CEO, Jim Scott. "We listen to our consumers and the consumers have asked for both Batman and Superman. They are also among the first of our line to include moveable arms, making the DC Super Heroes line even more dynamic."
BellyWashers are available for US$2.19 to US$2.99 America-wide at grocery stores, convenience stores, drug stores and specialty shops. For more information on BellyWashers, visit www.bellywashers.com or call toll free 1 (877) 875-8443.
2001 Merchandise & Miscellaneous NewsListed below are all the Merchandise & Miscellaneous News items archived for 2001.
- January 19, 2001: Gotta Have Soul: Superman Embarks on an All-New 3-D Adventure
- February 6, 2001: Superman Stamps from Kirgistan & Tadjikistan
- February 8, 2001: Warner Bros. Store Closures
- March 14, 2001: Large Super Hero Collection up for Auction
- April 22, 2001: DC Projects in the Works
- May 25, 2001: Clark Kent/Superman Doll
- May 29, 2001: New Superman Games - Update!
- June 4, 2001: New Superman Games - Update!
- June 6, 2001: Superman At Jack!
- June 11, 2001: Superman on Stage!
- June 24, 2001: 2001 Superman Celebration Report
- June 24, 2001: Satirical Superman Film - Hotel Superman
- June 27, 2001: Superman in Topps Vault!
- July 8, 2001: Superman Roller Coaster Still No. 1
- July 8, 2001: DC's Tenth Web Animation Showcases DC Direct Superman Set
- July 17, 2001: Schylling Superman Toys
- July 17, 2001: New Online Superman Episodes
- July 19, 2001: Animated Justice League Merchandise
- July 19, 2001: Superman Celebration in Brazil
- July 21, 2001: DC Launch DC Direct Website
- July 26, 2001: DC Direct at the San Diego Comic Con
- July 30, 2001: Fans Looking to Create Superman Game
- July 30, 2001: Superman Homepage Voted No. 1
- July 31, 2001: Alaska Comic Store and Lois Lane
- August 1, 2001: Lifesize 7-Foot Superman Statue
- August 2, 2001: DC Comics Teams Up with WizKids
- August 6, 2001: Cuban Anti-Superman Statue
- August 7, 2001: Superman Roller Coaster Crash
- August 24, 2001: Fan Petition Over Hasbro Action Figures
- August 30, 2001: Sneak Peek at Up-Coming Superman Game
- September 18, 2001: Operation Superman
- September 23, 2001: Superman Relief Fund
- October 22, 2001: Toys R Us Superman Action Figure 4-Pack
- November 2, 2001: Superman BellyWashers!
- November 4, 2001: Superman Homepage Reviewed in Australian Magazine
- November 21, 2001: Superman Homepage Featured in TV Guide!
- November 23, 2001: New 9 Inch Superman Figure
- November 26, 2001: New Superman Game Information
- November 29, 2001: A Stern Superman Webisode
- December 3, 2001: New Superman Escape from Krypton Game Online
- December 3, 2001: DC's Website Promoted Through AOL
- December 9, 2001: Pocket Super Heroes from DC Comics
- December 14, 2001: New DC Hero Fast Food Promotion
- December 19, 2001: Ending Hatred of U.S. is a Job for Superman!
Back to the News Archive Contents page.
Back to the Latest News page.