2001 Merchandise & Miscellaneous News Archives
June 27, 2001: Superman in Topps Vault!Ever wonder what is locked away in the annals of one of America's most historic companies? Well, the secrets are about to be unveiled.
This coming July 6th, The Topps Company in conjunction with eBay, will launch the Topps Vault, an internet initiative which from time to time will offer the general public some of the most sought after items in the collectibles industry. The Topps Vault will include original and one of a kind items such as paintings, photography (including original negatives), artist proofs, uncut sports card sheets from the 1950s, 60s and 70s and much much more.
"People have waited years and years for an opportunity to own something from Topps archives," said Warren Friss, Director of the Topps Vault. "Topps Vault contains tens of thousands of truly special and unique items that have a place in American sports and entertainment history."
Among the first items offered from the Topps Vault is a Superman 4-Color Proof from the 1966 "Superman in the Jungle" Trading Cards.
The Topps Vault, to officially launch in Seattle, WA during 2001 Major League Baseball All-Star Weekend, will offer more than 200 total items which will be auctioned between July 6 and Aug. 3. The second installment of Topps Vault Items will be featured in Fall 2001. A special area accessible via the eBay Sports Memorabilia Page will be designated for the Topps Vault and each auction lot will include full color photography along with a detailed description.
The Topps Company, founded in 1938 as Topps Chewing Gum, is an international marketer of entertainment products, principally collectible trading cards, candy and sticker album collections.
2001 Merchandise & Miscellaneous NewsListed below are all the Merchandise & Miscellaneous News items archived for 2001.
- January 19, 2001: Gotta Have Soul: Superman Embarks on an All-New 3-D Adventure
- February 6, 2001: Superman Stamps from Kirgistan & Tadjikistan
- February 8, 2001: Warner Bros. Store Closures
- March 14, 2001: Large Super Hero Collection up for Auction
- April 22, 2001: DC Projects in the Works
- May 25, 2001: Clark Kent/Superman Doll
- May 29, 2001: New Superman Games - Update!
- June 4, 2001: New Superman Games - Update!
- June 6, 2001: Superman At Jack!
- June 11, 2001: Superman on Stage!
- June 24, 2001: 2001 Superman Celebration Report
- June 24, 2001: Satirical Superman Film - Hotel Superman
- June 27, 2001: Superman in Topps Vault!
- July 8, 2001: Superman Roller Coaster Still No. 1
- July 8, 2001: DC's Tenth Web Animation Showcases DC Direct Superman Set
- July 17, 2001: Schylling Superman Toys
- July 17, 2001: New Online Superman Episodes
- July 19, 2001: Animated Justice League Merchandise
- July 19, 2001: Superman Celebration in Brazil
- July 21, 2001: DC Launch DC Direct Website
- July 26, 2001: DC Direct at the San Diego Comic Con
- July 30, 2001: Fans Looking to Create Superman Game
- July 30, 2001: Superman Homepage Voted No. 1
- July 31, 2001: Alaska Comic Store and Lois Lane
- August 1, 2001: Lifesize 7-Foot Superman Statue
- August 2, 2001: DC Comics Teams Up with WizKids
- August 6, 2001: Cuban Anti-Superman Statue
- August 7, 2001: Superman Roller Coaster Crash
- August 24, 2001: Fan Petition Over Hasbro Action Figures
- August 30, 2001: Sneak Peek at Up-Coming Superman Game
- September 18, 2001: Operation Superman
- September 23, 2001: Superman Relief Fund
- October 22, 2001: Toys R Us Superman Action Figure 4-Pack
- November 2, 2001: Superman BellyWashers!
- November 4, 2001: Superman Homepage Reviewed in Australian Magazine
- November 21, 2001: Superman Homepage Featured in TV Guide!
- November 23, 2001: New 9 Inch Superman Figure
- November 26, 2001: New Superman Game Information
- November 29, 2001: A Stern Superman Webisode
- December 3, 2001: New Superman Escape from Krypton Game Online
- December 3, 2001: DC's Website Promoted Through AOL
- December 9, 2001: Pocket Super Heroes from DC Comics
- December 14, 2001: New DC Hero Fast Food Promotion
- December 19, 2001: Ending Hatred of U.S. is a Job for Superman!
Back to the News Archive Contents page.
Back to the Latest News page.