April 1, 2011: Superman Homepage April Fools Day Pranks
If you missed it, here are the fake April Fools Day news reports we ran this morning, catching out a few unsuspecting fans.
April 1, 2011: Warner Bros. Reveals Superman Movie Costume Design
Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures have revealed the costume design for the new Superman movie to be directed by Zack Snyder.
Designed by "Spider-Man" film costume designer James Acheson, the new Superman costume strays from the traditional design seen in the comic books, but remains true to the image of Superman, while giving the Man of Steel a more modern and streamlined appearance.
Snyder stated, "We felt that Superman needed to step away from the old circus strong man, red underwear on the outside, flowing cape design that was looking very dated by today's superhero movie standard. The design James [Acheson] created will once again put Superman at the forefront of superheroes worldwide."
Charles Roven, Emma Thomas, Christopher Nolan and Deborah Snyder are the producers of the film. The screenplay is being written by David S. Goyer based on a story by Goyer and Nolan. Thomas Tull and Lloyd Phillips are serving as executive producers.
Slated for release in December 2012, the new Superman movie will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.
Click "Read More" below to see more detailed images of the new costume.
April 1, 2011: Sarah Lancaster to Star in New Lois Lane TV Series
today announced that Sarah Lancaster, best known for her roles of Rachel in "Saved by the Bell: The New Class" and Madison Kellner on "Everwood", has been cast as Lois Lane for a new TV series to spinoff from "Smallville".
Titled "Superman's Girlfriend: Lois Lane", the new TV series was pitched to The CW by "Smallville" co-creators Al Gough and Miles Miller, and is scheduled to premiere in September 2011.
"I'm extremely excited about this wonderful opportunity," explained Lancaster. "Lois Lane is such an iconic character, a role model for women throughout the years. I'm really looking forward to showing young women everywhere that Lois Lane is more than just Superman's girlfriend, she's a strong feminist in her own right. She doesn't need a man to define her."
And that's the kicker, Superman won't be in the series at all. He'll be alluded to, but never seen. This is Lois Lane's show. It's unknown at this point in time if we'll see Clark Kent, Jimmy Olsen or Perry White.
The role was offered to Erica Durance, but the "Smallville" actress turned down the role fearing she'd be typecast.
Click "Read More" to see what Erica Durance had to say about this new Lois Lane TV series.
April 1, 2011: New "Superman: Man of Yesterday" Comic Book Title
DC's "The Source" revealed today that a new Superman monthly comic book title will hit shelves in October, titled "Superman: Man of Yesterday".
"Superman fans have been clamoring for more regular Superman titles," explained Superman editor Matt Idelson, "With the Multiverse open to so many great stories, what better way to bring in a new title about the Man of Steel than to take him back to his classic Golden Age roots with a new title set in the 1940s."
"It's too early to reveal just who the writer of this new title will be, but we're so excited to have Dave Bullock signed on as both cover artist and interior artist. Dave has a style that is very reminiscent of Joe Shuster. I'm sure fans will love his version of the Man of Tomorrow... I mean, Yesterday."
A writer for this title is expected to be announced next month. Click "Read More" below to see more cover images from up-coming issues of "Superman: Man of Yesterday".
April 1, 2011: Tom Welling Arrested for Indecent Exposure
The Vancouver Police Department
issued a statement today revealing that "Smallville" star Tom Welling was arrested early this morning on charges of Indecent Exposure.
Around 3.30am, police received a report from the McDonald's security staff that a man was indecently exposing himself in the car-park at the Main Street restaurant in Vancouver.
Police located the man a short time later in the car-park and identified him as American actor Thomas John Patrick Welling of "Smallville" fame.
Indecent exposure is a Class B misdemeanor punishable by up to 180 days in jail and a fine up to $2,000. Welling was released on bail and is expected to confront the court later this month.
Click "Read More" to see CCTV footage of the incident from the McDonald's security cameras.
April 1, 2011: Superman Homepage Caption Contest
Welcome to the Superman Homepage Caption Contest! The rules are simple. Just click on the Comments link below to leave a caption for the following image.
Leave as many captions as you can think of, but keep it family friendly. Captions deemed to be outside our Caption Contest Guidelines will be deleted at our discretion.
In the end, there can be only one winner. The winner will be decided by Jeffrey Taylor, your Caption Contest compere.
The Caption Contest will be updated fortnightly. The winner will be announced when the next new Caption Contest is posted. While there's no physical prize, the winner will gain the praise and admiration of their fellow Superman fans.
Check out the Caption Contest Archives to see the list of runners-up.
Note: You need to be a member of the Superman Homepage to leave a comment, but it's free, so sign up and join the fun!
2011 Merchandise & Miscellaneous News
Listed below are all the Merchandise & Miscellaneous News items archived for 2011.
- January 5, 2011: DCUO - Battle of the Legends
- January 7, 2011: Capstone Kids DC Super Pets Contest
- January 7, 2011: Superman Items in Ripley's Believe It or Not
- January 9, 2011: DCUO - TV Spot and Bludhaven Alert
- January 11, 2011: DC Universe Online Game Guide
- January 12, 2011: Humor - Conan Joins the Justice League
- January 13, 2011: Six Flags Magic Mountain Superman Coaster Reopens in March
- January 17, 2011: Superman Painting Adorns Thailand Buddhist Temple
- January 24, 2011: Wizard Magazine Ends Printing To Go Digital
- January 24, 2011: Mike Kelley Brings Kandor to Los Angeles
- January 24, 2011: Jonathan Ross Becomes Buzz Superhero
- January 25, 2011: DC Universe Online Voice Actors
- January 25, 2011: Superhero Jewellery Now Available in Australia
- January 28, 2011: 33rd Annual Superman Celebration
- January 28, 2011: Jerry Siegel's Death Remembered
- January 31, 2011: Argentina Newspaper Reprints Superman Comic Strips
- February 2, 2011: DC Universe Online - In Lex We Trust
- February 3, 2011: DC Universe Mini Mezits From Mezco Toys
- February 7, 2011: Man Dies After Comic Book Collection Stolen
- February 13, 2011: Siegel and Shuster Street Signs Installed
- February 14, 2011: Joanne Siegel Dies
- February 15, 2011: First DC Universe Online Game Update
- February 15, 2011: Mattel Announces Young Justice Action Figures
- February 16, 2011: Quad-Core Mobile Chip Named Kal-El
- February 23, 2011: Armageddon Expo 2011 in Australia
- February 24, 2011: Short Superman Profile Video
- February 28, 2011: Kryptonite Men's Grooming Kit from Planet Earth
- March 1, 2011: McDonalds to Offer Young Justice Happy Meal Toys
- March 2, 2011: Superman Play Amongst Finalists for ATCA Award
- March 6, 2011: Superhero Month at Chicago Children's Museum
- March 8, 2011: Rich Superman Content in Google News Archives
- March 10, 2011: Superman Old Time Radio Interview
- March 11, 2011: McDonalds Young Justice Happy Meal Toys
- March 13, 2011: Superman Celebration Fan Film Competition
- March 15, 2011: DC Universe Online - Tech Mentors
- March 16, 2011: Next Year's Man of Steel Theatre Production
- March 16, 2011: Saturday Night Live Krypton Survives Skit
- March 17, 2011: Superman: Escape from Krypton at Six Flags Magic Mountain
- March 20, 2011: Benefit Fund for Injured Superman Fan
- March 22, 2011: Get Superman Homepage Updates via SMS
- March 23, 2011: DC Universe Online Available to Download
- March 24, 2011: Update on Superman Legal Battle
- March 29, 2011: Joanne Siegel's Letter to Time Warner Boss
- March 31, 2011: Conan O'Brien Returns as The Flaming C
- April 1, 2011: Superman Homepage April Fools Day Pranks
- April 4, 2011: Nominate Joe Shuster for Canada's Walk of Fame
- April 4, 2011: Sydney Royal Easter Show Showbags
- April 6, 2011: DC Universe Online: The Batcave: Brainiac Sub-Construct
- April 6, 2011: DC Showcase Soundtrack CD
- April 6, 2011: Superman Celebration Celebrities Announced
- April 8, 2011: New Superman Homepage Theme
- April 11, 2011: Nicolas Cage's Stolen Action Comics #1 Found
- April 11, 2011: Jamie Reigle Talks Siegel & Shuster Society
- April 11, 2011: Philippines Ride Lets You Fly Like Superman
- April 11, 2011: Superman Fan Kaman Stowell
- April 12, 2011: Your 2nd Childhood Memorabilia Show
- April 13, 2011: New Setback for Warner Bros. in Superman Legal Battle
- April 18, 2011: Picture Window Books Announces Super-Pet Contest Winner
- April 18, 2011: Steve Younis on Comic Book Late Night
- April 18, 2011: Superman Runs Marathon for Guinness World Record
- April 26, 2011: Humorous Article on What Super Power Superman Wants
- April 27, 2011: Superman Plaque Stolen from Cleveland, Ohio
- May 3, 2011: Stolen Superman Plaque Found
- May 4, 2011: Metropolis, Illinois Under Water
- May 4, 2011: George Reeves' Birth Place Torn Down
- May 6, 2011: Venus Williams Loves Superman
- May 10, 2011: Superman Celebration Update
- May 11, 2011: Brandon Routh to Attend Superman Celebration
- May 17, 2011: Superman Homepage Meet & Greet in Metropolis, Illinois
- May 20, 2011: Hot Toys Sneak Peek at Superman Figure
- May 24, 2011: More Images of Hot Toys Superman Figure
- May 24, 2011: Superman: 2050 Production Playing in Chicago
- May 26, 2011: Judge Rules for Release of Superman Documents
- May 26, 2011: Hot Toys Superman: The Movie Figure
- May 26, 2011: Superman Tribute Fence Damaged by Car
- May 27, 2011: Pre-Order the Hot Toys Superman Figure
- May 28, 2011: Could Superman Be Split in Two?
- May 30, 2011: Superman Celebration Schedule of Events
- June 2, 2011: Rare Superman Items in Hake's Auction
- June 2, 2011: Superman Celebration Artists' Alley & Writers' Way Schedule of Events
- June 5, 2011: DCUO Game Update 4 - Fortress of Solitude
- June 6, 2011: Metropolis Walk of Heroes Project
- June 8, 2011: Warner Bros. Lays Down 3-Year Superhero Licensing Plan
- June 8, 2011: Young Justice Superboy in Cloning Chamber Action Figure
- June 10, 2011: Unveiling of Walk of Heroes Project in Metropolis, Illinois
- June 10, 2011: Superman Celebration Helps Flood Victims
- June 10, 2011: Geek vs. Geek Online Game Show
- June 14, 2011: Review of Superman: 2050
- June 16, 2011: Metropolis, Illinois - 2011 Superman Celebration Photos
- June 16, 2011: Tied to a Cause - The Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation
- June 18, 2011: Grafitti Artist Transforms Monument into Superman
- June 20, 2011: Details on DC Universe Online Update 4
- June 21, 2011: Superman Celebration - WGBS TV Report (Day 1)
- June 22, 2011: Super Saturday at Fort Worth Museum
- June 23, 2011: Superman Celebration - WGBS TV Report (Day 2)
- June 23, 2011: Superman Celebration - WGBS TV Report (Day 2)
- June 23, 2011: Indonesian Fans Celebrate Superman
- June 26, 2011: Toon Tumblers Reveal Full Justice League Image
- June 27, 2011: Superman Celebration - WGBS TV Report (Day 2)
- June 30, 2011: Superman Celebration - WGBS TV Report (Day 3)
- July 1, 2011: Senior Citizens Celebrate Superman
- July 3, 2011: Examining the Superman Legal Battle
- July 3, 2011: Mattel Offers Bizarro vs. Faker Action Figures
- July 4, 2011: Superman Celebration - WGBS TV Report (Day 3)
- July 10, 2011: Amputee War Vet Dies on Ride of Steel Rollercoaster
- July 12, 2011: Grab a Justice League Tote Bag at SDCC
- July 12, 2011: DC Comics Premium Statues and Busts Announced
- July 12, 2011: Superman Celebration - WGBS TV Report (Day 3)
- July 20, 2011: Warner Bros. Teams With Lego
- July 23, 2011: New Content at SupermanBobHoliday.com
- July 25, 2011: Superheroes v Supervillains A-Z
- July 27, 2011: Superman Most Popular Superhero Amongst Men
- July 27, 2011: Ohio Wants Superman License Plates
- July 28, 2011: Virtual Reality Kinect Superman
- July 28, 2011: Superman Celebration - WGBS TV Report (Day 3)
- July 29, 2011: Superman Mod for "Grand Theft Auto IV"
- July 31, 2011: 99 Interviews with Lost Stars of Superhero Pop Culture
- August 2, 2011: Fortress of Solitude Game Update for "DC Universe Online"
- August 2, 2011: Get Your Character in the "DC Universe Online Legends" Comic
- August 3, 2011: Superman Celebration - WGBS TV Report (Day 4)
- August 5, 2011: Pop Pilgrims Visit Jerry Siegel's Home in Cleveland
- August 11, 2011: WizKids Announces Sell-Out of DC HeroClix: Superman
- August 11, 2011: Superman Statue in Colombia, South America
- August 14, 2011: Kryptonian Memory Crystals Could Become Reality
- August 18, 2011: Fans Petition Mattel to Save DC Universe Classics
- September 1, 2011: Six Flags Announces New Superman-Theme Rides
- September 6, 2011: Superman Fan Robbed in Callous Act
- September 7, 2011: The Life and Career of Scott Cranford
- September 8, 2011: Superman Feature in SciFiNow Magazine
- September 8, 2011: Superman Edition of Comic Heroes Magazine
- September 11, 2011: Superfriends Help Mentally Disabled Superman Fan
- September 14, 2011: After Nearly Six Decades... Superman Finally Gets His PEZ
- September 17, 2011: Man Arrested Over Stolen Superman Memorabilia
- September 19, 2011: DC Universe Online Goes Free-To-Play
- September 23, 2011: Fortress of Solitude Inspired House
- September 28, 2011: Super Friends and Justice League Board Games Coming
- September 28, 2011: Nexen Employees Break Superman Costume Record
- September 28, 2011: Brandon Routh Calls Mentally Disabled Theft Victim
- September 28, 2011: Seinfeld Superman Video Humor
- September 29, 2011: Another Superhero World Record Set in Melbourne, Australia
- September 29, 2011: Super Costumes Examined in Back Issue Magazine #51
- October 1, 2011: Lex Luthor - Drop of Doom
- October 4, 2011: DC Universe Online - Game Update 5
- October 5, 2011: Fan Goes Under the Knife to Look Like Superman
- October 9, 2011: Rocksteady Eyes Superman for Future Game Release
- October 9, 2011: Barnes & Noble to Pull DC Graphic Novels in Protest
- October 10, 2011: Hot Toys Release Packaging Image of Superman Figure
- October 11, 2011: Josh Boultinghouse Plays Superman in Church Video
- October 12, 2011: Rob Kardashian Dances to Superman Theme
- October 13, 2011: Superman Game Coming to iOS Devices
- October 13, 2011: Mentally Disabled Robbery Victim Donates Toys to Sick Kids
- October 14, 2011: General Mills and DC Comics Bringing Comics to Cereal Boxes
- October 14, 2011: Superhero License Plates Coming to Australia
- October 16, 2011: Toy News from New York Comic Con
- October 19, 2011: Rare Superman Items Auction in November
- October 24, 2011: Animaserra 2011 - Brazilian Festival of Comics
- October 25, 2011: The Infamous Check That Purchased Superman
- October 25, 2011: You Could Own a Clump of Jerry Siegel's Hair!
- October 26, 2011: Superman Lawsuit Continues
- October 31, 2011: Justice League Products and Promotions
- November 1, 2011: Warner Bros. Extends Deal with Mattel
- November 1, 2011: Superman Villains as Drawn by Jon Morris
- November 1, 2011: Elliot S! Maggin on Clark Kent vs Superman
- November 2, 2011: Super Costumes Examined
- November 3, 2011: New Superman Homepage Online Store
- November 3, 2011: DC Universe Online Now Free to Play
- November 7, 2011: Author Les Daniels Dies
- November 7, 2011: Pterodactyl's Superman: The Movie Music Video Parody
- November 8, 2011: Superman Homepage - Poll Position: Halloween
- November 9, 2011: Patriotic Superman T-Shirts
- November 10, 2011: The Night That Superman Crashed on Broadway
- November 15, 2011: DC Universe Online - Game Update 6: Zod
- November 15, 2011: Superman Memorabilia Thief Gets Six Years in Prison
- November 15, 2011: Mentally Disabled Superman Fan Visits Siegel House
- November 16, 2011: Brainiac Attacks the Daily Planet in LEGO Form
- November 16, 2011: Superman Product for Apple Users
- November 17, 2011: Superman Game Released for iOS Devices
- November 17, 2011: Superman Cover and Dock for iPhone
- November 18, 2011: Max Landis Goes Viral with Death and Return of Superman
- November 18, 2011: Superman Amongst Worst Passwords of 2011
- November 23, 2011: Mondo Announces DC Comics Posters
- November 25, 2011: Talking Superman on PSN-Radio
- November 28, 2011: Superman to Join Batman in Up-Coming Lego Game
- November 30, 2011: Product of the Week - Superman Snuggie
- December 1, 2011: Lego Super Heroes Line Coming in 2012
- December 5, 2011: WizKids Brings DC Comics to HeroClix Online
- December 6, 2011: iOS Superman Game - Poll Position
- December 7, 2011: Decorating Christmas with Superman
- December 7, 2011: Christmas Shopping at Our Online Store!
- December 8, 2011: DC Loses Claim Against New Zealand Finance Company
- December 8, 2011: Jerry Robinson Dies Aged 89
- December 9, 2011: Doctor Superman Saves Accident Victim
- December 12, 2011: Fan Animation - Superman vs Destructor
- December 13, 2011: Pre-Order Lego Superman vs. Power Armor Lex Playset
- December 14, 2011: Shopping - Superman Oddities
- December 15, 2011: The 2011 SHIELD Awards Winners!
- December 15, 2011: Virgin Casino Launches New Superman Slot Game
- December 20, 2011: Superman Christmas Decorations - Poll Position
- December 21, 2011: Superheroes Plunge into Icy Water for Special Olympics
- December 23, 2011: Last Minute Christmas Gift
- December 29, 2011: New Superman Ride for Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
Back to the News Archive Contents
Back to the Latest News page.