The Superman Homepage and Penguin Random House have teamed up to give one lucky fan a chance to win a copy of both “I Am Superman” and “I Am Batman” by writer Brad Meltzer and artist Chris Eliopoulos.
For almost 80 years, the story of Clark Kent has been told by thousands of creators and this picture book biography is the perfect way to introduce the young readers to this legendary superhero. From his beginnings on his birth planet Krypton to his childhood on Earth, “I am Superman” focuses on the ways Clark Kent was super because of his actions, not just his powers.
The “Stories Change the World” series retells beloved, iconic fictional tales of heroism, providing a lively and fun first version of the myth and why it’s inspirational, and serving as a fantastic stepping stone to get young readers interested in nonfiction biographies.
Included in each book are:
- A timeline of key moments in the story’s history
- Images of important film, TV, and cartoon versions of the story
- Comic-book-style illustrations that are in the superhero’s life story
- Childhood moments that influenced the hero
- Facts that make great conversation-starters
- A character trait that makes the character heroic and that readers can aspire to
The contest runs from Wednesday, October 5, 2022 to 11.59pm ET on Wednesday, October 12, 2022. The winner will be notified by email and will also be announced on the front page of the Superman Homepage on Thursday, October 13, 2022.