Super Heroes in January Crossover Miniseries
Variant Cover Program to Pair Power Rangers with Different Justice League Members
On January 11, two of comics’ greatest teams will combine their powers and abilities for the first time! The Justice League – Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern John Stewart, the Flash and Cyborg – meet Saban’s Mighty Morphin Power Rangers in a six-issue monthly miniseries from New York Times best-selling writer Tom Taylor (INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US, GREEN LANTERN CORPS: EDGE OF OBLIVION) and artist Stephen Byrne (JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA REBIRTH: THE RAY).
“DC and BOOM! Studios teaming up on this crossover is a dream come true for fans of Saban’s Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and the Justice League,” said Hank Kanalz, Senior Vice President, Editorial Strategy and Administration, DC Entertainment. “Stories like this are a great way to have that ‘what if’ itch scratched, combining favorite characters from different publishers in epic adventures.”
Something terrible has happened in Angel Grove when the Power Rangers’ Command Center is breached and the teleporters are damaged! Zack the Black Ranger is flung into an alternate universe full of citizens possessing outrageous powers and wearing strange costumes. Will Jason the Red Ranger, Trini the Yellow Ranger, Kimberly the Pink Ranger, Billy the Blue Ranger and Tommy the Green Ranger be able to get to Zack in time to save him from Batman?
“Everyone at BOOM! is thrilled to be part of an event of this magnitude,” said BOOM! Studios Editor-in-Chief Matt Gagnon. “We have iconic characters meeting for the first time that are beloved the world over! Our imaginations have been racing since the moment this kicked off with our friends at DC and Saban Brands. Get ready…this is one event that’s not to be missed.”
In addition to the standard covers drawn by Karl Kerschl (GOTHAM ACADEMY: SECOND SEMESTER), each issue will feature a variant cover drawn by one of comics’ most popular artists, pairing each member of the League with a different Power Ranger:
- Batman/Pink Ranger by Dan Hipp
- Cyborg/Blue Ranger by Dustin Nguyen
- The Flash/Black Ranger by Yasmine Putri
- Green Lantern John Stewart/Yellow Ranger by Marguerite Sauvage
- Superman/Green Ranger by Chris Sprouse
- Wonder Woman/Red Ranger by Marcus To”With their talented roster of writers and artists, DC and BOOM! Studios bring to life the world’s greatest superheroes, including the iconic Power Rangers,” said Janet Hsu, CEO at Saban Brands. “With DC, BOOM! Studios and Saban Brands partnering, we will bring fans a legendary crossover that will stand the test of time, just as these historical superheroes have done individually for decades.”