In the latest Superman Homepage Member Poll we asked you the following question:
Which live-action Superman movie have you watched the most amount of times?
With 61% of your votes, the 1978 classic “Superman: The Movie” was easily the most watched Superman movie amongst fans. “Superman II” (theatrical cut) and “Man of Steel” tied for second place.
Here’s the complete voting breakdown:
- Superman: The Movie 61%, 142 votes142 votes 61%142 votes - 61% of all votes
- Superman II 12%, 28 votes28 votes 12%28 votes - 12% of all votes
- Man of Steel 12%, 28 votes28 votes 12%28 votes - 12% of all votes
- Superman Returns 4%, 10 votes10 votes 4%10 votes - 4% of all votes
- Superman and the Mole-Men 4%, 9 votes9 votes 4%9 votes - 4% of all votes
- Zack Snyder's Justice League 3%, 6 votes6 votes 3%6 votes - 3% of all votes
- Superman III 2%, 5 votes5 votes 2%5 votes - 2% of all votes
- Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut 1%, 2 votes2 votes 1%2 votes - 1% of all votes
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 1%, 2 votes2 votes 1%2 votes - 1% of all votes
- Superman IV: The Quest for Peace 0%, 1 vote1 vote1 vote - 0% of all votes
- Justice League (Theatrical Cut) 0%, 1 vote1 vote1 vote - 0% of all votes
Be sure to get involved in the new poll available near the bottom of the front page of our website.
Superman: The Movie is tops for me, but I think Man of Steel is pretty close. Give me a couple years, and my response would probably be different.
I’m so glad to see that the original Superman movie, the one that started it all made it to first place. Christopher Reeve made us “believe that a man can fly” and continues to do so decades after Superman the movie was first released in theaters.
Not an exaggeration; between two theatrical viewings (I was born in 1985, so I had to wait for special screenings), a recorded from TV VHS of the extended cut, my treasured LaserDisc (it shall rise again!), the 2001 Director’s Cut, the Blu-ray of the Extended Cut, back when DC Universe was a thing, and now HBOMax, I’ve seen Superman: The Movie at least 1200 times. There’s a story, that I hope is 100% true, that during the production of Somewhere in Time the town of Mackinac arranged a screening of Superman and invited Christopher Reeve and the rest of the… Read more »
I hope that story is true. That’s so epically cool! It would add to Reeve’s legend if it is true. 😀 I hope that one day I will be able to go see Superman the movie someday in a movie theater. I could watch that movie over and over again and many times over and I would never get bored. I can’t currently see it in any movie theater since there are no movie theaters near me in my current location and even if there were, I just don’t trust how things are currently with the Covid virus that’s still… Read more »
When I was a child, me and my family watched “Superman II” seems like hundreds of times on both VHS and on TV. I was too young to see it in theaters but it was cool seeing the extra scenes on TV that weren’t on the VHS version. As an adult, I’ve seen “Man of Steel” almost as many times as “Superman II.” But when it comes to an overall total amount of viewings, I think I’ve seen “Superman II” the most. “Man of Steel” comes in at a close second.