For almost 80 years, the story of Clark Kent has been told by thousands of creators and this picture book biography is the perfect way to introduce the young readers to this legendary superhero. From his beginnings on his birth planet Krypton to his childhood on Earth, “I am Superman” focuses on the ways Clark Kent was super because of his actions, not just his powers.
The “Stories Change the World” series retells beloved, iconic fictional tales of heroism, providing a lively and fun first version of the myth and why it’s inspirational, and serving as a fantastic stepping stone to get young readers interested in nonfiction biographies.
Included in each book are:
- A timeline of key moments in the story’s history
- Images of important film, TV, and cartoon versions of the story
- Comic-book-style illustrations that are in the superhero’s life story
- Childhood moments that influenced the hero
- Facts that make great conversation-starters
- A character trait that makes the character heroic and that readers can aspire to
To enter the contest for a chance to win both “I Am Superman” and “I Am Batman”, you simply needed to answer the following question: According to Penguin Random House, what reading age is “I Am Superman” written for?
The answer is 5-9 years, and the winner, selected at random from the entries received, is: Ashley Bratsis