In the latest Superman Homepage Member Poll we asked you the following question:
Who is your favorite live-action Lois Lane actor of all time?
With close to 40% of the votes, Teri Hatcher is your favorite Lois Lane. Her portrayal on the “Lois & Clark” TV series was definitely a memorable one which has endeared her to fans of all ages. Erica Durance was a close second.
Here’s the complete voting breakdown:
- Teri Hatcher ("Lois & Clark" TV series) 39%, 124 votes124 votes 39%124 votes - 39% of all votes
- Erica Durance ("Smallville" TV series) 30%, 96 votes96 votes 30%96 votes - 30% of all votes
- Margot Kidder (Christopher Reeve Superman movies) 11%, 36 votes36 votes 11%36 votes - 11% of all votes
- Amy Adams (Henry Cavill Superman movies) 7%, 22 votes22 votes 7%22 votes - 7% of all votes
- Noel Neill (Superman Serials, "Adventures of Superman" TV series) 7%, 21 vote21 vote 7%21 vote - 7% of all votes
- Phyllis Coates ("Adventures of Superman" TV series) 3%, 10 votes10 votes 3%10 votes - 3% of all votes
- Kate Bosworth ("Superman Returns") 2%, 5 votes5 votes 2%5 votes - 2% of all votes
- Elizabeth Tulloch ("Supergirl", "Superman & Lois" TV series) 1%, 3 votes3 votes 1%3 votes - 1% of all votes
- Lesley Ann Warren ("It's a Bird... It's a Plane... It's Superman!" TV movie) 0%, 1 vote1 vote1 vote - 0% of all votes
- Patricia Marand ("It's a Bird... It's a Plane... It's Superman!" Broadway musical) 0%, 0 votes0 votes0 votes - 0% of all votes
Be sure to get involved in the new poll available near the bottom of the front page of our website.
I’m glad to see that Teri Hatcher is the Lois with the most votes even though I voted for Erica Durance’s Lois. It was a tough vote. Both actresses were talented in the role. I picked Erica because she had the role three years more than Teri. However I’m not sure if Teri had more screen time though. It really was a tough call for me. I like them both so much.
Voted for Terri, because she was my childhood Lois, but I’d be lying if I said I consider her quite the best. The problem is that none of the live action portrayals is pitch-perfect, unlike, say, STAS or some of the other animated versions. Erica’s Lois was pretty great from around halfway season 8 and on, but her earlier seasons were painful (both her writing and her performance). Margot’s performance was always impressive, but she never quite clicked for me. Amy’s is missing the zest of the character, she’s too clinical. Kate’s was just obnoxious. I haven’t got up to… Read more »