Mild Mannered Reviews - DCeased Comic Books
DCeased: Dead Planet #6Scheduled to arrive digitally: December 1, 2020
Writer: Tom Taylor
Penciller: Trevor Hairsine
Inker: Gigi Baldassini
Cover: David Finch and Tomeu Morey
Variant Cover: Francesco Mattina and Ben Oliver
Reviewed by: Steve Younis
In Australia Dr. Ivo's army of Amazos are nearly ready. Meanwhile, with Cyborg successfully accessing the Life Equation within him, Batman connects all the remaining doctors and experts available to help formulate a way to turn the Life Equation into a cure for the unliving.
Just as they're trying to figure out how to get the cure to everyone who needs it, Ivo's army of Amazos set about killing off all the unliving.
The heroes head to a habitable moon where Barda was left by Scott Free. They give her the cure just before she kills Scott, and she comes to her senses... cured. As the heroes successfully have enough of the cure serum manufactured, they find out about the Amazo army. They must hurry to save people.
Zatanna breaks in on John Constantine in his secret room in the Tower of Fate. With the door open, they are also visited by the Phantom Stranger. As they have words, Etrigan arrives, warning them that Trigon has arrived on Earth. Trigon kills all the unliving in Paris.
John Constantine and Phantom Stranger forcefully remove Doctor Fates helmet. With all the magical artefacts in his possession, John is on a mission to save the world.
Story - 4: This chapter pushes along at breakneck speed. I'm so impressed with how Tom Taylor is pacing this story. So much happens, but it also syncs up nicely.
Art - 4: Hairsine and Baldassini work well together. The action is chaotic, while the quieter moments have real gravitas.
Cover Art - 4: While Trigon never actually goes up against the heroes in this issue, it's still a nicely drawn cover.
Mild Mannered Reviews
2021Note: Except for digital first releases, the month dates are from the issue covers, not the actual date when the comic went on sale.
- Superman #27
- Action Comics #1027
- Batman/Superman #14
- Justice League #56
- Justice League #57
- Young Justice #20
- Legion of Super-Heroes #11
- DCeased: Dead Planet #5
- Dark Nights: Death Metal #5
- Justice League: Endless Winter #1 [of 2]
- Superman: Endless Winter #1 [of 1]
- Superman #28
- Justice League #58
- Action Comics #1028
- Batman/Superman #15
- DCeased: Dead Planet #6 [of 6]
- Dark Nights: Death Metal #6 [of 6]
- Tales from the Dark Multiverse: Crisis on Infinite Earths #1
- DC's Very Merry Multiverse #1
- Justice League: Endless Winter #2 [of 2]
- Legion of Super-Heroes #12
- Future State: Superman of Metropolis #1 [of 2]
- Future State: Kara Zor-El, Superwoman #1 [of 2]
- Future State: Superman/Wonder Woman #1 [of 2]
- Future State: Justice League #1 [of 2]
- Future State: Superman: Worlds of War #1 [of 2]
- Tales from the Dark Multiverse: Dark Nights - Metal #1
- DCeased: Dead Planet #7
- Dark Nights: Death Metal #7
- Challenge of the Super Sons #4
- Challenge of the Super Sons #5
Back to the Mild Mannered Reviews contents page.
Check out the Comic Index Lists for the complete list of Superman-related comics published in 2021.