Superman Homepage Ringer T-Shirt
Now you can show the world that you are a fan of the No. 1 Superman site in the world! For only $17.99 you can wear this shirt with pride and help get the word out about our super community here. (More colors and designs available)
Superman: The Unauthorized Biography
Glen Weldon (Author)
A celebration of Superman's life and history - in time for his 75th birthday. How has the Big Blue Boy Scout stayed so popular for so long? How has he changed with the times, and what essential aspects of him have remained constant? This fascinating biography examines Superman as a cultural phenomenon through 75 years of action-packed adventures, from his early years as a social activist in circus tights to his growth into the internationally renowned demigod he is today.
Hardcover: 352 pages
9. He always talks about his glory days of using his super powers to save the world, but doesn't have any other signs of Alzheimer's...
8. At least a half dozen times a day, he bemoans the fact that there are no longer any telephone booths.
7. *That* explains why he's always putting his underwear on outside his pants...
6. Every time he sees one of your comics he looks at Grandma, shakes his head and says, "Things might have turned out differently if supervillainesses dressed like that when I was young..."
5. Your grandmother was a spunky girl reporter who got kidnapped a lot.
4. Other kids' grandpas: Pull quarters out of your ear. Your grandpa: Pulls the Flaming Mallet of Hephaestus out of your ear.
3. Other kids' grandpas take them fishing on weekends. Yours takes you to the Phantom Zone to rescue kidnapped scientists.
2. Other kids' grandfathers start their war stories with "One time at Fort Dix..." Your grandfather always starts his with "It all started when FDR called us to the Justice Battalion headquarters."
...and the Number 1 Sign Your Grandfather was a Golden Age Superhero...
1. His DependsTM undergarments are color-coordinated with his cape and boots.