2002 Movie News Archives
October 22, 2002: Ratner Discusses Plans for SupermanMovieHole.net caught up with "Superman" director Brett Ratner and asked him a whole bunch of questions about how the movie is coming along. Here's a few excerpts from the interview...
Q. Do you think you'll still be casting an unknown for the role?
A: It's possible. That's what I'd like to do. People want to see a character, not a movie star.
Q. What's your take on the script that was floating around the net?
A. Oh god. Yeah, that wasn't even a draft. It was ridiculous. Some old script - someone with too much time on his or her hands. I mean I agree with some stuff, I mean some of it spilt over into my script, but Lex Luthor is NOT going to be an Alien and we ARE blowing up Krypton. It keeps the law that people know but it goes a step further. I can do the fuck I want. I mean I have DC Comics and all the creators of the cartoon behind me. Some people aren't going to like it, that's inevitable. Thing is, I know it'll be a boring movie If I just remake Dick Donner's film, because it's already done. I mean I haven't changed it much at all - I just added some new shit, so how can anyone be mad at me. And we're talking about the trilogy - it's full on. Conference calls with the studio and Jon Peters and...
Q. So are you basically remaking the first one or are you starting afresh?
A. It's a re-inventor but it's based on the story, "The Death of Superman". It's going to have the old mythology, but it's not going to be camp, it's going to be a bit more psychological. More traumatic and it's going to be darker.
2002 Movie NewsListed below are all the Movie News items archived for 2002 organized into 4 categories:
Superman and Batman vs Superman Movie News:
Christopher Reeve Movie News:
- January 30, 2002: Sarah Douglas at a Convention Near You!
- February 12, 2002: Reeve and Kidder to Present Award to Richard Donner
- February 19, 2002: Superman: The Movie on Encore
- March 5, 2002: Region 2 Special Edition Superman DVD Released!
- March 6, 2002: Special Edition Superman on Sci-Fi Channel
- March 14, 2002: Wish Jack O'Halloran a Happy Birthday!
- May 8, 2002: The Never-Made Superman Movie
- June 25, 2002: Warner Bros. Sued Over Superman: The Movie DVD
- June 26, 2002: Warner Bros. Sued Over Superman DVDs - Update!
- July 4, 2002: Superman: The Movie on the Big Screen in Ohio
- July 24, 2002: Superman Movie Items Up For Auction
- August 7, 2002: Superman Movie Items Sold at Auction
- August 28, 2002: Kidder in Crash
- September 10, 2002: Christopher Reeve Recovering!
- September 14, 2002: Wish Christopher Reeve a Happy Birthday!
- September 22, 2002: Christopher Reeve on Larry King Live
- October 3, 2002: Superman Movie Memorabilia on Auction
- October 5, 2002: Superman II on TV in Australia
- June 16, 2002: Miramax Commits to George Reeves Movie
- August 26, 2002: Kyle MacLachlan as George Reeves?
- September 22, 2002: Script Review of George Reeves Movie
Back to the News Archive Contents page.
Back to the Latest News page.