Print Thread
New 52 - Action Comics (SPOILERS)
IFightForTomorrow
And yes, this is a new thing. As far as I know, there have only been the arctic Fortress and the jungle temple Fortress before now.

SuperVaso
Like I commented earlier on the latest issue review...
Action comics is getting too confusing. I don't know half the bad guys that where shown ... Losing interest ... fast...
Also, The legion were fighting inside superman's head? ... the kryptonite exploded ... throwing shards everywhere ... in Superman's head... in a tesseract?
Bloody mess... couldn't they simply have a hideout?
tesseract inside superman head ... that was delivered through a bullet? shot when?? too confused to know ... too confused to care ...

I am struggling and forcing myself to read a Superman comic these days ... never before did I have this feeling ...

Zaniah
The further I get away from the night that I read Action #6 twice so that I could try to see what it was exactly that I was missing (apparently stuff that we will probably see in future issues) the more I like it. I enjoyed it the night I read it, but I felt confused so I thought I was overlooking something. Now that I see everyone else is the same way, I can really appreciate what GM is trying to do. I admit, it is reaaaaallly out there - but I am enjoying it and I still am looking forward to each issue as much as the last one.

Not to mention, the backup stories have been great....are these considered canon in the new continuity? Also, does GM have any hand in the content of the backup stories?

Anthony Arfuso
I truly hope that Grant's on ths title for many a years yet to come. I'm intrigued about whats being hinted at come the LSH and exactly how their apearance as well as the 2012 Superman ties into the scheme of things too.

adkal

>IFightForTomorrow wrote:

1.So, do we know "when" supes was shot with the bullet? Did I miss that?

I don't think we know exactly when. Some people have been speculating that it might have something to do with how strangely Clark has been acting over in Superman, but we don't have a hard and fast understanding of exactly when this future Superman is coming from...

We do know that he's from 5 years in the future - since he says so.

adkal

>IFightForTomorrow wrote:

And yes, this is a new thing. As far as I know, there have only been the arctic Fortress and the jungle temple Fortress before now.

Antarctic - build by the Eradicator

Tesseract - with access point via Daily Planet globe.

...his tree-house Wink

adkal

>SuperVaso wrote:

Like I commented earlier on the latest issue review...
Action comics is getting too confusing. I don't know half the bad guys that where shown ... Losing interest ... fast...
Also, The legion were fighting inside superman's head? ... the kryptonite exploded ... throwing shards everywhere ... in Superman's head... in a tesseract?
Bloody mess... couldn't they simply have a hideout?
tesseract inside superman head ... that was delivered through a bullet? shot when?? too confused to know ... too confused to care ...

I am struggling and forcing myself to read a Superman comic these days ... never before did I have this feeling ...

We're not supposed to know who the bad guys are yet; an inkling, yes, but nothing of absolute certainty. Yet.

The tesseract was the hideout - 'hiding in the one place no one would ever look'.

The bullet was shot around about 'now' - ie 5 years ahead of what's taking place in Action.

Anthony Arfuso
Hmmm does anyone else believe that the bandaged guy with a robotic hand in the 31st century own "Superman Revenge Squad" is THE same one from the flashback to Krypton's past where Krypto had bit a Phantom Zoner with the same robotic hand upon trying to reach out at Jor-El? I wonder if he's Jax-Ur? :/

Hypoxic

>SuperVaso wrote:

Not even with Grounded or Emperor Joker?
Easy, miss. I've got you.
_____

Get away from me, padre. You reek of the irrational. - Lex Luthor

adkal
Good stuff.

Looking forward to issue 8.

The preview didn't have the first page, so for those of you who thought Clark was 'too slow'...

heh

As for the name he gave one of his powers...to take a line from Smallville: Well, it's my power. I can call it whatever I want.

Hypoxic
I just finished Action Comics #7. Hot damn, is it ever good. If complaints still persist from a faction of fans about the New 52 Superman, then there's no doubt I will never undertand their views. Superman hasn't been this interesting in years.

4.5 out of 5
Easy, miss. I've got you.
_____

Get away from me, padre. You reek of the irrational. - Lex Luthor

King Creole
Real good. Everythin I expected from Grant Morrison.

The only problem I had with it is that it felt kind of anticlimatic, becuase the arc was broken for issues 5 and 6. It should've benn better if they waited to conclude this arc, and then follow it by his origin and then start the new arc.

But overall it was real good. I am enjoying ACTION COMICS a lot. Hopefully with the new team, SUPERMAN may improve next month.
You are here for a reason.

Zaniah
Just finished it, amazing. I reread #4 prior to reading this one and it really helped keep everything straight for me. This is some good stuff, I'm glad that I'm along for the ride.

bobbybob
Did the suit talk to him when he put it on and how did it change colors and add the S shield?

Also, has the Legion time bubble always been TARDIS like? Bigger on the inside? I've been reading Legion stories since the '60s and I don't remember that being mentioned before the recent appearance in Action Comics.

Action Comics is still my favorite of the "New" 52.

Still prefer classic costume though.

A6K
I've been waiting for Action Comics to get back on track with the main storyline and it wasn't a disappointment.

I thought it was a real "page turner."

Now that the suit's origin has been shown, I'd like to know more about it. It's not just armor, but something else, I hope they explore this plot angle and reveal some Krypotian technology aspects of it. Wearing it under street clothes make more sense than the old suit if they play their cards right.

Braniac's first form is kinda so-so for me though. I want to say that Braniac is more of a collective than ever before it seems, controlling more than one body at one time. Possibly everywhere at once or anything "online." I know he could before, but they could have him with even more control and reach than before.

Now the only question is, "How does Superman develop his full powers?" As of now his flight is non-existent, invulnerability is not to the extent it was in the past (I don't have a problem with that one) but I'm not sure about the rest as they are always up to writer's interpretation.

As Hypoxic said, Superman has never been more interesting….at least in the Action Comics title. As for the title series I hope in # 7 business picks up.

IFightForTomorrow
I loved issue 7. Loved it from beginning to end.

I think the "Nothing's Impossible" jump is probably my favorite bit. Also, that he told General Lane that guns are, "For sissies." I laughed out loud when I read that and had to clap a hand over my mouth because I was in a public place.

It's funny, but I never noticed how Jor-El's costume in the flashbacks was a re-colored version of Superman's new suit until I saw that side-by-side panel comparison in this issue.

I wonder if he'll rescue Kandor at the end of this story. Maybe that explains how he knows Kryptonian over in Supergirl?

Can't wait for #8! Can't wait for the trade to come out so I can buy it and force all my friends to read it!

LovelyLanaLang
Love 7#. Wait for issue 8#. It is the only Superman comic that I am reading right now. well, I am still deciding on Supergirl.
[img]http://1979semifinalist.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/supergirl36.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

IFightForTomorrow

>LovelyLanaLang wrote:

Love 7#. Wait for issue 8#. It is the only Superman comic that I am reading right now. well, I am still deciding on Supergirl.

Having read Superman #7, you might want to give that one a second look in the next few weeks. I was pleasantly surprised with Jurgens' new direction and characterization of both Clark and Superman. I can't give a ringing endorsement of it, but I would say it warrents at least reading in the shop to see if its to your tastes...or perhaps asking to borrow it from our friend Tor Rent if you're of the digital persuasion. ;-)

Zaniah
Just finished it, and the story was great. We wrapped up a few loose ends, saw some more questions raised and saw Superman outlast another villain. I'm attached to the rocket cradle for some reason, so anytime he interacts with it that part of the story means a lot to me.

This book would score a solid 9 - 9.5 if the art could have stayed consistent, but we have such jarring changes that I thought a backup story had begun about 75% through the comic.

I have more to say, and I may share it later. I hope you guys enjoyed the story as much as I did.

Story 9
Art 5 - I really liked what Rags was doing, but for some reason he couldn't do the entire story..could have been 9ish if consistent

IFightForTomorrow

>Zaniah wrote:

Art 5 - I really liked what Rags was doing, but for some reason he couldn't do the entire story..could have been 9ish if consistent

Yeah! That was incredibly Jarring. I dunno, maybe if it had been presented as a backup story in epilogue, just something to break it up so that you don't just go from one page to another without any real break. I did like the art at the end and felt the final scene had a strong sense of triumph to it, which was nice.

The Brainiac fight was not exactly dynamic though. Would have liked at least one awesome "Superman kicking butt" panel.

Jump to Forum: