Print Thread
When will we see a trailer?
Olli-Wan
With all the filming at the moment, and potentially a lot done so far... Do you think it will be long before we see a trailer?

Smile
 
A6K
Superbowl Sunday at the latest. Feb 5 2012 for anyone that doesn't know.

If we get one before then we will get another one on that day. It's like a tridition to do that it seems, release your biggest movie trailers on Superbowl Sunday, even if the movie release date is more than a year away. Dark Knight Rises, Man of Steel, Avengers, Spiderman will all get fresh trailers that Sunday it's a sure thing.

What makes me think so? It's happened every Superbowl since I was old enough to watch TV and was old enough to remember what I was watching.
 
King Creole
I don't think we'll see a teaser trailer until Batman The Dark Knight Rises, then by Christams 2012, and a complete full super trailer by Superbowl 2013.
You are here for a reason.
 
AKalel
I figure teaser will be during CHristmass 2011 and then trailer just before the Summer 2012.
 
Hypoxic
I think we're a good year away before we see a trailer.
Easy, miss. I've got you.
_____

Get away from me, padre. You reek of the irrational. - Lex Luthor
 
A6K
Maybe it's just my own explications but I just think it will be sooner. I mean they released a Dark Knight Rises trailer over a year before release and after just a months of filming. Yeah it was only about 10 seconds from the actual DKR movie and the rest of the trailer was clips of the previous 2 movies, but a quick 30 second teaser was thrown out none the less. Same with Spiderman over a year out, 30 second trailer.

As fast as they can cut, edit, and piece together a trailer I don't see why they couldn't. Granted it will be a good 16 months or so away from release in Feb of next year, it could still happen.

On that note, It also gives the production crew and editors PLENTY of time to re-shoot, edit, and tweak special effects since principle filming could very well be done by spring of next year (well on location filming anyways) for the final product.

With Nolan finished with DKR and another year to go before Man of Steel is released who knows what he could see and say “I don’t like it lets redo that piece,” if he truly is executive producing this.

But back to the topic, I just envisioned a “who am I why am I here” “Son you’re here to bla bla blu bla bla” *fade to black words on the screen* “Blu blu bla bla” *fade to black words on the screen* “It’s time to fill your destiny” *Quick shot of Superman in costume* *Title screen shot and release date*
I could do that with Windows Live movie maker in an hour if not less. With the release date so far away they would have to do something to keep the buzz up. If it doesn’t premier with DKR I’d be shocked.
 
AKalel
Now I think some people get mixed up generally the first footage released is a teaser and then often a larger bunch of clips grouped together and is shown before a movie /aired as a commercial is a trailer. So are we asking when will we see the first footage or the first thing that most define as a trailer. I look at the footage and not stills out there for Dark Knight Rises as a teaser.
 
Hypoxic

>A6K wrote:


Maybe it's just my own explications but I just think it will be sooner. I mean they released a Dark Knight Rises trailer over a year before release and after just a months of filming. Yeah it was only about 10 seconds from the actual DKR movie and the rest of the trailer was clips of the previous 2 movies, but a quick 30 second teaser was thrown out none the less. Same with Spiderman over a year out, 30 second trailer.


I also think it'll be about a year before the actual release when we see a teaser, but that will be about a year or ten months from now. So, I'm guessing a year before a teaser.
Easy, miss. I've got you.
_____

Get away from me, padre. You reek of the irrational. - Lex Luthor
 
Steve Wright
They will probably have a teaser sometime after the new year. I don't think they will do it for the Super Bowl. Studio's usually purchase those commercial times for movies that are coming out that summer, not the following summer. First trailer will show up with Dark Knight Rises.
 
NeoRanger
Anybody remembers when the teaser for SR showed up? I expect an actual trailer before DKR as well.
 
Bizzar-o

>Steve Wright wrote:


They will probably have a teaser sometime after the new year. I don't think they will do it for the Super Bowl. Studio's usually purchase those commercial times for movies that are coming out that summer, not the following summer. First trailer will show up with Dark Knight Rises.



Definitely agree on this one.

DKR is THE perfect film to release a Superman teaser on &, as Hypoxic pointed out, we're at least a year away from a teaser.

If the film's going to be out summer 2013 then releasing a trailer any earlier than next summer would be detrimental as people will lose interest.
Gosh Mr White that's terrible!
 
A6K

>NeoRanger wrote:


Anybody remembers when the teaser for SR showed up? I expect an actual trailer before DKR as well.


I remember it because when I heard what moive it was I was like "AW COME ON" It was with a Harry Potter movie that was released in 05

*edit* Gobble my Fire, sorry Goblet of Fire in Nov 2005. Magicians, magic wands and all that crap pisses me off.
 
Hypoxic

>A6K wrote:

Magicians, magic wands and all that crap pisses me off.


So, I guess you won't be picking up Justice League Dark or Demon Knights? Grin


(Demon Knights is awesome, by the way.)
Easy, miss. I've got you.
_____

Get away from me, padre. You reek of the irrational. - Lex Luthor
 
LovelyLanaLang
Possibly logical is the The Dark Knight Rises since this is a Nolan production and he is one of the co writer.
[img]http://1979semifinalist.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/supergirl36.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.
 
superking
Speaking of that is anyone out there gonna try to avoid the trailer, impossible as that sounds{even to me as i say it] i really dislike how i pretty much had seen all the cool scenes from SR...which by the way was packed into the whole trailer.

It seems to me that avoiding the trailer would lead to a Superman mind blowing moment....or i should say mind blowing 2 hours or whatever, still anyone else thinkin the same.???
 
copacetic
Nowadays it's virtually impossible to skip a trailer. Either on the web, or someone sharing it via a social network, TV spots, previews for other movies. I wish they would just do teasers that show little to no footage of the movie itself.

Generally if an anticipated trailer comes on TV, I change the channel immediately, or mute it and read something. Wink
 
superking

>copacetic wrote:


Nowadays it's virtually impossible to skip a trailer. Either on the web, or someone sharing it via a social network, TV spots, previews for other movies. I wish they would just do teasers that show little to no footage of the movie itself.

Generally if an anticipated trailer comes on TV, I change the channel immediately, or mute it and read something. Wink
I agree it is virtually impossible but im gonna give it a real go.....ive got 2 kids so changing the chanel can be a challenge as i never know where it is lol...but im gonna keep a book handy,most of the trailers for the previous years were on the net anyway so its easier to stay away...still the discusion thread can be slightly addictive.Smile
 
Ritchie Blackmore
Snyder said a teaser will be out not long after they are done filming. I've seen some reports saying filming will last until April but Cavill said February. Either way a teaser with TDKR is a sure bet so that's 8 months from now. It'll go by quickly. Smile
 
JR1989
when to trailer does come out I'll watch it like a millon times before man of steel is released, this movie has become an obsession for me.
"You will give the people of earth an Ideal to strive towards, they'll race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall but in time they will join you in the sun, in time you will help them accomplish wonders"
 
baalroo
I generally avoid trailers, and I don't really find it difficult at all. I do watch "teasers" though, since they are, by design, much more discreet.

I find that most trailers (especially for blockbusters) will just about completely ruin the films they are for by telling so much of the story that you are left without any surprises when you actually watch the film.
 
Jump to Forum: