Superman Homepage » Television » Smallville
 Print Thread
Tom Welling unemployed?
Pyxlmytlyk
Anyone who know whats up for Tom now when Smallville is over..

It would have been sad to see him fade away like Dean Cain after Lois and Clark..

Johnjones
I believe he has stated in interviews that time off was exactly what he wanted right now, after 10 years of intense filming schedule. He went on to state that he looks forward to continued acting, directing, and producing in the near future, but wants time off right now. Hope that helps.
"Future events such as these, will effect you in the future."

-Plan 9 From Outer Space-

Saint Expeditus

>Pyxlmytlyk wrote:

Anyone who know whats up for Tom now when Smallville is over..

It would have been sad to see him fade away like Dean Cain after Lois and Clark..

If I were him I would fade away, count my millions, and stare at myself in the mirror. Smile

Pyxlmytlyk
Ive heard some roumors about an upcoming tvshow called 'Metropolis' starring Tom Welling and Erica Durance...

Bulls*it?

Steve Younis
No truth to it Pyx.

And I wouldn't say Dean Cain faded away after "Lois & Clark". He went on to have a pretty good career, and continues to show up in different TV shows and movies.
Steve Younis
=================================
Superman Homepage - http://www.Superm...mepage.com
Christopher Reeve Homepage - http://www.ChrisR...epage.com/
Steve's Stuff - http://www.younis...
=================================
Look! Up in the Sky!

Pyxlmytlyk

>Steve Younis wrote:

No truth to it Pyx.

And I wouldn't say Dean Cain faded away after "Lois & Clark". He went on to have a pretty good career, and continues to show up in different TV shows and movies.

Maybe he didnt in the states.
But im swedish (witch explains my crappy english) and i havent seen him in anything but smallville and as a sheriff in some movie (cant remember the name of it)

He did fade away for us swedes, comparing to Teri Hatcher..

NeoRanger
Cain moved away from acting for the most part (even though he still did a few things) and focused toward writing. I think Welling had said he's interesting in something similar, i.e. behind-the-cameras (his thing was directing, I believe).

Hypoxic
There's always Cheaper By the Dozen 3. Pfft
Easy, miss. I've got you.
_____

Get away from me, padre. You reek of the irrational. - Lex Luthor

Steve Wright
Tom doesn't have to work ever again if he doesn't want. But, I would expect we will see him pop up here and there as a guest star or supporting character in a movie in the near future. My first guess would be the Charlie's Angels reboot, which he could also end up directing an episode, since the show is being made by Al Gough and Miles Millar. I wouldn't be surprised if you a lot of Smallville cast members showing up on that show. MR has already tried to become the voice of Charlie.

Steve Wright
Wow...I no sooner post that and Erica Durance signs on to Guest Star on Charlies angels.

www.tvline.com

Saint Expeditus

>Steve Wright wrote:

Wow...I no sooner post that and Erica Durance signs on to Guest Star on Charlies angels.

www.tvline.com

Discovered an new superpower have we?

How about posting that the DC do-over / costume redesigns are probably just a publicity stunt and wont happen? Wink

MDDuenes
Hello. My name is Michelle. How's everyone doing? Would anyone be surprise if ABC let Al Gough & Miles Millar do a Superman show someday based on the cast of Smallville with only (3 important cast members: like Welling, Durance, Rosenbaum) since now Gough & Miles are working under a bigger TV network? Now imagine a bigger budget that they can work with.

Please Respect.

Pyxlmytlyk

>MDDuenes wrote:

Hello. My name is Michelle. How's everyone doing? Would anyone be surprise if ABC let Al Gough & Miles Millar do a Superman show someday based on the cast of Smallville with only (3 important cast members: like Welling, Durance, Rosenbaum) since now Gough & Miles are working under a bigger TV network? Now imagine a bigger budget that they can work with.

Please Respect.

Thanks for killing my thread! :-/

JR1989
Didn't Charlie's angels get cancelled?

Hi Michelle, a new Lois & Clark would be awesome, but I don't think WB will do another superman tv series for a while because they the new superman movie Man of Steel and maybe its sequel coming up.
"You will give the people of earth an Ideal to strive towards, they'll race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall but in time they will join you in the sun, in time you will help them accomplish wonders"

JR1989
I've seen Dean Cain in a couple of things since Lois & Clark, one smallville episode and two movies I do (but I don't) & Rat Race
"You will give the people of earth an Ideal to strive towards, they'll race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall but in time they will join you in the sun, in time you will help them accomplish wonders"

Jump to Forum: