Print Thread
Official photo of Henry in Costume
NeoRanger
I said it once and I'll say it again.

We don't disagree. I'm not saying it's not ridiculous, I'm saying it's already happening.

sandman1347

>Steve Wright wrote:

Lex, I know you have to be right on almost everything, but how you think that is a real set is beyond me. You are saying you've never seen a publicity shot done like that, well have you forgotten who is directing this movie??? He shot a whole movie with computer generated backgrounds. A computer is more then capable of adding sparkling wires and a crumpled up safe, that is incredibly too freeking clean and shiny.

Seriously, really look at that picture. And, also ask yourself, why would they create a real set just for this, when they can do it digitally in about a day?? If you really want to compare, just pop in one of the Star Wars prequels (especially the droid factory scene in Attack of the Clones) to see how this can be accomplished. People do this from their home PC's. Maybe our eyes are just picking this up differently, but I would be shocked if they did this on a practical set. Especially when the director is Zack freegin Snyder, King of the green screen.

You're absolutely right about the picture. It is not taken on a set. They haven't even begun production of the movie. Why would they build a huge, complex set just to take a publicity shot? Obviously the background is CGI.

MorganEdge

The cape does look great!

Don't like the hair
Don't like the scales in the costume
Don't like the pissed attitude
Don't like the dark surroundings (Gotham?)

Not Cavill's fault. It's the design department that falters.

Dude, the hair is messed cos he is fighting Zod. Zod through him through a wall into the giant vault and the building fell down on them both. Thats why his hair is messed up, thats why he has a pissed attitude, and thats why its all dark.
The scales i cant explain tho Smile

The hair doesn't seem to be messed, I think it's combed that way. Let's wait and see if further stills from the filming process show if this is his permanent hairdo.

I do hope you're right about the darkness around the fella.

King Creole
I think he needs a hair cut. At least a little on the sides. Up until now the impression has been great in the web. Better than BR in 2006.
You are here for a reason.

superking
wow, things have changed since last here...firstly its just a bite can we be really sure this is the final suit, myself i love the cape..makes SR cape look kinda gimpish by comparison.

love the boots ,very modern still in touch with the classic and of course the shield is brilliant, i hope the blue is slightly brighter but im pickin...the hair is ok , iam sure when the film comes out those details will be well in truly nailed....i must say having watched interviews with henry...we got ourselves a damn good actor who is gonna put his heart and soul into this picture..put this new image into the mix....HOT DAMN.

Im officially exited.

A6K
[img]http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/8822/nowplaying.png[/img] is not a valid Image.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

suttie7
at which point revealing trunks/no trunks, and then everyone will be divided and not under drool control anymore

Drool control? Take a stroll by Superherohype. Those folks spent two forum threads talking about the trunks (still do) and posting more crotch-photos of Henry Cavill than I ever cared to see. He's a good looking bloke, but daaaamn, didn't need to be convinced that way.[/quote]

Sounds like they may have similar IQ's to those people on the comicbookmovies forum. Over there, they were having hissy fits because there is a bus and a bridge involved in Man Of Steel, and obviously because of that, they have concluded that Man of Steel is a re-make of the original Superman and not a re-boot. What next - Superman is flying in Man of Steel so this is a re-make not a re-boot?

I'm very glad the IQ's on this site are much higher than other sites Smile
His name is Kal-El. He will call himself Clark Kent, but the world will know him as Superman.

suttie7
Ermmm, I stuffed up the copy. The first paragraph about Superherohype was meant to be a copy from what someone else wrote, my comment starts from "Sounds like they..."
Sorry
His name is Kal-El. He will call himself Clark Kent, but the world will know him as Superman.

A6K
In other news they released a picture of Ann Hathaway as Catwoman...*crickets*

Lex Vader
why would they create a real set just for this when they can do it digitally in about a day??

Why on Earth would you assume this won't be in the movie?

Guys, watch your DVD extras. Sets are the FIRST thing finished in a movie. Digital effects and marketing are near the LAST. If this is CG, it's not only the quickest turnaround in history, it would be the most absolutely convincing and well blended CG that its creators would deserve several premature Oscars. And whoever made the photo blurry and washed out to make it seem more realistic must be a devious mastermind. But that's impossible, because I've been way too busy lately.

suttie7

>Lex Vader wrote:

why would they create a real set just for this when they can do it digitally in about a day??

Why on Earth would you assume this won't be in the movie?

Guys, watch your DVD extras. Sets are the FIRST thing finished in a movie. Digital effects and marketing are near the LAST. If this is CG, it's not only the quickest turnaround in history, it would be the most absolutely convincing and well blended CG that its creators would deserve several premature Oscars. And whoever made the photo blurry and washed out to make it seem more realistic must be a devious mastermind. But that's impossible, because I've been way too busy lately.

Your last two sentences remind me of Lex Luthor - "Cos if any human being were going to perpetrate such a fantastic hoax it would have been me!" Smile

NeoRanger
Whether the background is CG or green-screen or an actual set is irrelevant (though do keep in mind that this picture was released shortly after Henry answered a question about putting the suit on for the first time and shooting has barely started).

Regardless, my point was that the picture has obviously gone through filters and it was probably done through computers.

PScottMorgan

>Hypoxic wrote:

I think the suit looks good, and what's more important Cavill looks good in it. He's making it work.

The cape is great, the boots are awesome, and the shield is decent (though it seems to be raised; I don't dig that).

I can't figure out the scene though. Looks like he's robbing a bank.

All in all, I'm happy.

The image I got in mind is Zod having thrown him against the Vault door. Supes is getting to his feet again and about to dish it right back! Grin

BLUEBOY
I just saw the new look. They should know not to mess with the suit!
Saw it,hate it! They can stick it!
I {the biggest fan} refuse to watch the mutilation of tradition!!
Very upset.I'm going to watch Superman the movie and Superman 2 knowing Superman along with Christopher Reeve has died.AngrySad
Corey Young

ELATTRA
I have looked at a close up of the new Henry Cavill superman costume. I like the way Heanry wears the costume but I DO NOT LIKE THE colors or texture of the material used for the costume. The blue is too dark and brooding--the blue should be the normal bright royal blue and the red would look better in the brighter red.

Hypoxic

>ELATTRA wrote:

The blue is too dark and brooding--the blue should be the normal bright royal blue and the red would look better in the brighter red.

It would perhaps be helpful for you to look into why Reeve's suit was the light blue it was. It was initially planned to be much darker. Also, have a closer look at some comics and you might notice that Superman's suit isn't a bright blue.
Easy, miss. I've got you.
_____

Get away from me, padre. You reek of the irrational. - Lex Luthor

Hypoxic
To comment on whether the background is CGI or not: I really don't think it is. Looking at the image closely and blown up easily reveals texture. It isn't CGI, it's just really heavy photoshop.
Easy, miss. I've got you.
_____

Get away from me, padre. You reek of the irrational. - Lex Luthor

sman24
the suit for the new so called reboot sucks and so does the actor playing him. he looks nothing like a superman. not happy at all. just by the pic it looks like a movie for all thoughs who want a superman movie with all action and no story or heart.
arthur gardner

NeoRanger
Out of all the complaints, the one I just don't understand is that Cavill doesn't look like Superman. Guy looks like Byrne's Superman... if Byrne still remembered how to draw.

superking

>Hypoxic wrote:

To comment on whether the background is CGI or not: I really don't think it is. Looking at the image closely and blown up easily reveals texture. It isn't CGI, it's just really heavy photoshop.
i really hope your right, as having real sets then photoshop would be much more preferable to st8 cgi....im not against some cgi, of course its needed sometimes but it can make things bland..imo

Jump to Forum: