Print Thread
Official photo of Henry in Costume
cjohnperry
Where to start. Fishbourne. I think someone sat down and said they did it in wild wild west, no one cared. They did it with Nick Fury, no one cared. We'll do it with Perry. I've seen a few OH MY, ITS THE END OF THE WORLD posts. But really, top actor. I wouldnt say Perry is a minor role though. In continuity for over 70 years, after George Taylor. He is a big part of the supporting cast. I potentially LOVE THIS SUIT. Lol. I like the look overall. I saw a concept sketch somewhere and ummed at it. seeing this now. Yeah like it. i like how the S is raised off his chest but not 3d like returns. the dark blue looks fab. and its nice to see supes with a red cape again instead of that awful burgendy on returns. but not keen on the texture on the suit. its too Spiderman for me. and has anyone noticed the extra pattern on the suit. zoom on the left wrist, theres some sort of pattern there. looks like a triangular design. Now zoom in on the right thigh. There is a panel of material raised from his leg. I thought it was his cape, but his cape is hanging straight behind him. so there is more to this than we can really see. Not sure his hair is relevent. I think that'll depend on how Cavill plays the plart. George Reeves didnt have a spit curl. I dont think it really matters, as long as his Clark Kent's hair is somehow styled different than his Superman. I 'd like to see the briefs, but like someone said, as far as the big screen goes, why have them, there not needed and not practical. can you imagine someone writting that story. 'yes ma, I agree something is missing from this suit we've made. I know I'll go and get my underpants. That should do the trick'. dont think it would work. lol. so far so good I say to all this weeks M.O.S. news, thumbs up.

Edited by cjohnperry on 04/08/2011 20:59

CJperry

King Creole
I love it. It screams EPIC. That's what BS and CO. should have done back in 2006. Don't like the new \S/, too retro I think. Not even way back in the 1940's did Kirk Alyn use anything similar to that. But can live with it. Don't really care for the exclusion of the spit curl. I think that's way too old fashion, makes Superman look like Bill Halley.

But we must have in mind that this is the first look of HC in the uniform. We are still nearly two years away from its premier. That means that the design can change by then. I remember back in 1976/7 when CR had his first Superman costume. Real different to what ended up in the movie.

For everything else I just love it. It has a Superman Earth One vibe to it. Even the pose. It is awesome.
You are here for a reason.

A6K

>King Creole wrote:

I love it. It screams EPIC. That's what BS and CO. should have done back in 2006. Don't like the new \S/, too retro I think. Not even way back in the 1940's did Kirk Alyn use anything similar to that. But can live with it. Don't really care for the exclusion of the spit curl. I think that's way too old fashion, makes Superman look like Bill Halley.

But we must have in mind that this is the first look of HC in the uniform. We are still nearly two years away from its premier. That means that the design can change by then. I remember back in 1976/7 when CR had his first Superman costume. Real different to what ended up in the movie.

For everything else I just love it. It has a Superman Earth One vibe to it. Even the pose. It is awesome.

I started thinking that too. Alot of specualtion on this being an on set pic. It looks like it every well could be, but who knows. It's still too early to tell exactly how the suit looks, espically in this dark shot. Under better lighting the colors could show a different hue, but I wouldn't put too much doubt in it being a final version of the suit.

Saint Expeditus
Henry sells the suit. That is great. On the whole the suit looks very good. I am excited to see more pictures in different lighting.

On the downside I have this sickening feeling that the briefs are absent and this shot intentionally obscures that fact. Much like the Spider-man early stills covered up how they f-ed up that costume.

Here's hoping I am wrong.

EDIT: I don't get the hair hate. I like it. Live action Superman's hair always looks laughably bad. This on the other hand looks pretty good. As far as distracting from the Perry White... please.

Edited by Saint Expeditus on 04/08/2011 21:45

King Creole
My wife loved it. She screamed when she saw the new suit. She said it was fantastic. She fell in love again, can you beleive that? She got that look in her eyes! Damn!!
You are here for a reason.

LovelyLanaLang
the costume looks so badass. I love it.
[img]http://1979semifinalist.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/supergirl36.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

Project 86
photo reminds me of this
[img]http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/34184/907515-jl04superman205_super.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

suttie7
I loved the pic. I think they put it out there to get the majority of people onside before they release a full pic which will show whether or not he has his red underwear. Once that pic comes out, either way, some people will be unhappy. It doesnt really bother me too much, but I hope he doesnt have the red underwear because in this day and age, I want Superman to appeal to a new generation and wearing red jocks doesnt do that IMO.
This pic is way better than the stills we got of Routh for SR. I recall seeing them and even I wasn't inspired by them, never mind the general public.
All in all, very happy !!
His name is Kal-El. He will call himself Clark Kent, but the world will know him as Superman.

MikeB
So far, this looks like the Superman we've been waiting for (and that SR failed to be and should have been). I always thought Henry Cavill would make a great Superman and it looks like he will be. June 14, 2013, Superman really Returns!!!

Don't let us down Mr. Snyder, we're counting on you Frown

MorganEdge

>Daniel McIntosh wrote:

This was officially released by WB to joblo.com.. Enjoy boys and girls and remember to play nice with one another

[img]http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/0804supes-big.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

The cape does look great!

Don't like the hair
Don't like the scales in the costume
Don't like the pissed attitude
Don't like the dark surroundings (Gotham?)

Not Cavill's fault. It's the design department that falters.

suttie7

>MorganEdge wrote:

>Daniel McIntosh wrote:

This was officially released by WB to joblo.com.. Enjoy boys and girls and remember to play nice with one another

[img]http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/0804supes-big.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

The cape does look great!

Don't like the hair
Don't like the scales in the costume
Don't like the pissed attitude
Don't like the dark surroundings (Gotham?)

Not Cavill's fault. It's the design department that falters.

Dude, the hair is messed cos he is fighting Zod. Zod through him through a wall into the giant vault and the building fell down on them both. Thats why his hair is messed up, thats why he has a pissed attitude, and thats why its all dark.
The scales i cant explain tho Smile
His name is Kal-El. He will call himself Clark Kent, but the world will know him as Superman.

robert morrison
The scales might be solar, so superman can store energy from the sun
"People are afraid of what they don't understand" - Jonathan Kent
[img]http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b496/RobzHere/pakent_zpsd2408dda.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

robert morrison

>roclin wrote:

Where's Tom Sad

He's not superman,I like smallville but I'm happy he's not superman, Henry cavill hopefully will become the greatest superman ever,it looks like this movie has more superman (fight) action in it than 10 seasons of smallville put together and cavill's Clark Kent will wear glasses all the time and not just when he feels like it.

Henry cavill's superman is willing to fight the bad guys to protect the good people of planet earth.
[img]http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b496/RobzHere/pakent_zpsd2408dda.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

robert morrison
Hope they release a pic of him standing and in light no in dark room

suttie7

>robert morrison wrote:

Hope they release a pic of him standing and in light no in dark room

It will be a while. They will let us love this one for a while and then they will have to eventually release a full body shot, at which point revealing trunks/no trunks, and then everyone will be divided and not under drool control anymore

cjohnperry
It wont just be briefs or no briefs people will be 'discussing' about this suit. when people see the 2 tone suit this is, there's gonna be problems. lol.
CJperry

NeoRanger
On the downside I have this sickening feeling that the briefs are absent and this shot intentionally obscures that fact.

Even if that's the case (which I doubt), what we need to keep from this is that this is a film. He won't be spending his time posing or, worse, standing still. The format has this advantage over comic books. Remember the SR suit; I hate it, but even I have to admit it works well enough in the actual film.

at which point revealing trunks/no trunks, and then everyone will be divided and not under drool control anymore

Drool control? Take a stroll by Superherohype. Those folks spent two forum threads talking about the trunks (still do) and posting more crotch-photos of Henry Cavill than I ever cared to see. He's a good looking bloke, but daaaamn, didn't need to be convinced that way.

Steve Wright
Lex, I know you have to be right on almost everything, but how you think that is a real set is beyond me. You are saying you've never seen a publicity shot done like that, well have you forgotten who is directing this movie??? He shot a whole movie with computer generated backgrounds. A computer is more then capable of adding sparkling wires and a crumpled up safe, that is incredibly too freeking clean and shiny.

Seriously, really look at that picture. And, also ask yourself, why would they create a real set just for this, when they can do it digitally in about a day?? If you really want to compare, just pop in one of the Star Wars prequels (especially the droid factory scene in Attack of the Clones) to see how this can be accomplished. People do this from their home PC's. Maybe our eyes are just picking this up differently, but I would be shocked if they did this on a practical set. Especially when the director is Zack freegin Snyder, King of the green screen.

A6K

>NeoRanger wrote:

On the downside I have this sickening feeling that the briefs are absent and this shot intentionally obscures that fact.

Even if that's the case (which I doubt), what we need to keep from this is that this is a film. He won't be spending his time posing or, worse, standing still. The format has this advantage over comic books. Remember the SR suit; I hate it, but even I have to admit it works well enough in the actual film.

at which point revealing trunks/no trunks, and then everyone will be divided and not under drool control anymore

Drool control? Take a stroll by Superherohype. Those folks spent two forum threads talking about the trunks (still do) and posting more crotch-photos of Henry Cavill than I ever cared to see. He's a good looking bloke, but daaaamn, didn't need to be convinced that way.

I said it once and I'll say it again. The world does not revolve around a few of us fan boys arguing on the internet. Just because 30 people are acting all dumb about something on a forum doesn't mean the other 300,000,000 out there care.

Yeah it's fun sometimes to get on here and bounce opinions back and fourth. Tell people "I'm not an idiot, your an idiot." But don't get wrapped around the axel over how that is going to effect the outcome of anything. I can respect people's when they make sense, but when they are just bickering it gets annoying.

I just fail to see how people can say "well this movie is going to fail miserably because his trucks are missing, this guy is black, or my dog sh!t in my shoes so I hate everything now."

People forgot how Optimus Prime was supposed to look when Transformers raked in a billion dollars. People forgot how the Joker was supposed to look when The Dark Knight raked in a billion dollars. And when I say people I mean the 300,000 million (that's right three hundred thousand million) not the 30. Because that's what will make or break this movie. If it's good then people will watch it again and again, NOT because his undies are on the outside.

NeoRanger
I said it once and I'll say it again.

We don't disagree. I'm not saying it's not ridiculous, I'm saying it's already happening.

Jump to Forum: