Print Thread
Official photo of Henry in Costume
Lex Vader
it's nothing to do with the Fishburne news.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence they released this TWO DAYS after the Fishburne announcement almost caused a freakin' race war. Face it, this was all planned. If they planned to release this photo today, they planned to pre-empt it with news they knew would be controversial.

Kalibak
yep is pure marketing! its obvious Wink

a young tony curtis
The suit and Henry look great,love the boot length,the cape is great and nice and long,the S is a good size and design,but I'm sure some people wont like the red detail/lines on the outside of the legs and midsection/belt areas,unless my eyes are playing tricks that is!

And Henry looks big and well impressive physically,even if there may be slight shaping,dare I say padding on the delts? again,maybe my eyes are playing tricks.

Utah13
After surfing the net a bit.. This suit is much better received than the SR version. wow, I just hope we are not being deceived.

If you look at the SR Movie poster(to your left) You can see how pictures can play tricks with colors. Throw a little of the Williams theme, maybe at the end and.. BOOM!, you have a Superman Movie! GREAT POSITIVE NEWS FELLAS!

Edited by Utah13 on 04/08/2011 15:39

Angeloz
Love the cape including the colour. Not so much everything else. Some things are OK like his size. But what matters is how he portrays him. I'm not excited.

a young tony curtis

>Lex Vader wrote:

it's nothing to do with the Fishburne news.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence they released this TWO DAYS after the Fishburne announcement almost caused a freakin' race war. Face it, this was all planned. If they planned to release this photo today, they planned to pre-empt it with news they knew would be controversial.

Well I was not aware that Fishburne being cast "almost caused a freakin race war"

Are you sure you are not being a bit over the top with this,cus a race war is not a pretty sight,or something to be talked lightly about.

Some traditionalists or purists are not happy with the change,but for me,as Perry is a more minor character it's no big deal,and Fishburne is twice the actor than some people who were being touted to play the role of Perry White anyway.

And I'm not naive enough to think that non popular political decisions all the way down to movie casting news etc can be announced when something else big is hogging everyone's attention,and is used as a diversion,but to say that Warner Bros,Snyder and all concerned with cast announcements sat down and said "My God,the announcement of Lawrence Fishburne being cast as Perry White is so scandalous and controversial,we had better time it's release perfectly,lets release it TWO days before the suit reveal photo,not one day before,or even the same day as the first suit photo,that way it will prevent the obvious race wars that will ensue from such earth shattering news as a black actor being cast in the role of minor Superman character Perry White.

Maybe we are all thinking a bit toooo much about nothing.

Edited by a young tony curtis on 04/08/2011 18:18

Steve Wright
Lex that is obviously a computer generated background. I think that's what they were referring to with the computer enhancement. This is not a scene from the movie. just a publicity shot, designed to wet our appetites without giving us a full course meal.

And, to take the heat of the Fishburne casting.

sandman1347
Now that I've had a little time to digest this...THIS IS FREAKIN AWESOME! They've finally figured it out! They have finally found a way to bring a live action Superman to the big screen without making him look silly.

The darker tone of blue works very well and using textured material was so necessary. A bright blue lycra unitard just looks silly no matter how much Routh bulked up. The clever use of materials and color is just crucial to pulling off superhero costumes on the big screen.

As for he cape; perfect! They needed a longer cape. Traditionally, Superman's cape is much shorter than Batman's cowl but a longer, cloak-like cape makes for dramatically superior cinematography. It also makes his shoulders look bigger. There's just a lot of good thinking that went into this.

I guess they still haven't decided whether to use the underwear or not. Personally, I hope they don't. I think the belt should be enough and the underwear is the number one silly thing about the costume that doesn't work in live action. Also I like the size and positioning of the S shield but if it is raised from his costume, I'm a bit skeptical about that.

My only major gripe is the hair. Obviously this is not final but it needs to be re-considered. Superman looks like a mob hitman in that shot.

But the suit is amazing! I'm very relieved because this was one of the main things I doubted they'd get right.

wolfe
Love it! Looks like the movie is going for a darker atmosphere. I’m just so happy they got a “Man” with some size that looks the part and not some little boy like Routh
[img]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b272/wolfe666/venom2.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

a young tony curtis
Do you guys honestly think the photo was released to "take the heat off the Fishburne casting"?

People wont give a rats rear about Fishburne in a few weeks time,let alone by release date 2013.

I mean I'm sure Warner's are quaking in their boots in case no one goes to see the movie now!

zippy6978
I am simply devistated. I hate the new look, and I hate most of the cast ( for this movie). They are changing WAY too much and as a HUGE Superman fan, I have to say that it might very well be the FIRST super-related film that I DON'T go and see. Kevin Costner, Laurence Fishbourn as Perry White, Russel Crow as Jor-El... just a super mess. Sad

sandman1347

>a young tony curtis wrote:

Do you guys honestly think the photo was released to "take the heat off the Fishburne casting"?

People wont give a rats rear about Fishburne in a few weeks time,let alone by release date 2013.

I mean I'm sure Warner's are quaking in their boots in case no one goes to see the movie now!

Yeah, I think some people are a little too wound up. I don't think the Fishburn thing is a big deal at all and I sincerely hope that Superman fans, as a whole, won't either.

Lex Vader
Lex that is obviously a computer generated background.

It is quite obviously a practical set, sorry. Man, people hate CG so much it's like the McCarthy era. I know it's super shiny, but remember - it's fake. It's polished aluminum or whatever. Not a real vault. But look around. There's smoke, sparks, reflections, debris in the foreground, and he's touching the wall. I've seen plenty of onset photos and this is an onset photo. That's why the saturation and levels are so bad. If it was CG, it would be incredibly high definition and glossy like a magazine cover. It's not. It's a well posed shot that was obviously composed and lit for the film camera and not for the still photographer. There's no reason to CG an easily made set with typical smoke and spark effects, especially when Snyder said he'd be doing a lot practically. It looks just like the sets from the X-Men movies. It's stylized, but it ain't computerized. I'd also be really surprised if they put this much effort into a dark, moody photograph that doesn't properly showcase the costume if it's not even a scene from the movie. It's a scene from the movie, guys. No one is going to spend that much money on constructing an elaborate set or making a photorealistic CG background for a teaser pic two years before the movie gets released that ends up looking like your typical run-of-the-mill, blurry, washed-out movie set still straight from somebody's digital camera. Most photoshoots are taken on set. I've never seen one taken in front of a green screen with incredibly complex foreground elements.

A6K

I haven't noticed it, well other than a few on this site, most movie news sites are saying it's a good choice. Maybe 20 or 30 people that hate everything anyways are posting stuff on the net. Some people see that and blow it way out of proportion. If you had someone stand on a busy street corner in every city and asked people how they felt I'm sure it would be good responses. The world does not revolve around a few haters on the Internet.

zippy6978
We shall see. We SHALL see.

a young tony curtis

>A6K wrote:

I haven't noticed it, well other than a few on this site, most movie news sites are saying it's a good choice. Maybe 20 or 30 people that hate everything anyways are posting stuff on the net. Some people see that and blow it way out of proportion. If you had someone stand on a busy street corner in every city and asked people how they felt I'm sure it would be good responses. The world does not revolve around a few haters on the Internet.

You are quite right Brother,I need to take my head out of the mud a bit more often,and to remember that this wonder called the t'internet can sometimes be a slightly unbalanced place to play.

foxmulder241
I've looked the picture a few more time and is it just me or dose Cavill have George Reeves type Superman look to him which I like, I also like the belt appears to gold not yellow and I like the fact the cape doesn't look rubbery, the suit is perfect.

roclin
Where's Tom Sad

Daniel McIntosh
To anyone who pm'ed me, my inbox accidentally got wiped so sorry if I dont reply, all I know is I got messages. Send them again if you wish.
This looks like a job for SUPERDAN!

A6K

>roclin wrote:

Where's Tom Sad

He moved on.............

Jump to Forum: