Print Thread
SUPERMAN:REQUIEM
BenJam84
Calling all Superman fans!! A date for your diary - 11.11.11 !!

The NEW, feature length, high-production-value-Superman-Fan-Film "SUPERMAN: REQUIEM" follows the Donnerverse story.
Starring Martin Richardson as Superman. Written and Directed by Gene Fallaize. Producers Tony Cook and Daniella Pellegrini.

Watch the teaser trailer on our website

www.themanofsteel...

Find out more, follow our progress and show your support on our Facebook page

www.facebook.com/...

Love, The Superman:Requiem Team

Hypoxic
I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys put together. Can we assume the film will be available online come November?
Easy, miss. I've got you.
_____

Get away from me, padre. You reek of the irrational. - Lex Luthor

A6K
What's happened with this and the other fan made movie?

Hypoxic
What do you mean? Have you heard news that they've stopped production?
_____

A6K

>Hypoxic wrote:

What do you mean? Have you heard news that they've stopped production?

Nope, most of my news comes from this site and you guys in these discussion. I don't read every post and I don't click on a lot of links. But I'll trust you to give me a link or fill me in.

Hypoxic
As far as I know, the film is still a-go. It's probably still in post-production.

Superman: Golden Child is still in pre-production, I believe.
_____

tnekkralc
It's 11.11.11 here in Australia...give it to us early!! Smile

Hypoxic
Well, I just finished watching it.

It seemed to me to be more of a Superman: The Movie fan film rather than a Superman fan film. I was hoping for a little more creativity, something more original. For example, I didn't particularly like that the opening credits were the exact same formula as Donner's film and Superman Returns. I think using the theme was fine, but it actually prompted me to think more about the use of it in Man of Steel. I'm now more than ever completely fine with an entirely new theme.

Also, using a revolving door for the change was too much. I was expecting to see the Pimp! Then there are the two newspapers, one designed to show Supes lived and another to show he died. Why do something so precisely the same?

I'm not going to comment on the filming or the special effects. This is a low budget fan film made not-for-profit. With all things considered, it looks pretty good.

I don't think the acting was entirely bad. Some of it was quite good, especially Ally. The scientist was great, despite him being killed off so quickly. He was great. True though, some of the acting was quite bad.

With that said, I think it's a poorly written film. There are a few things that I had problems with.

1) It's said that they got Superman's blood from the last time he was in the hospital. I assume this is referring to Superman Returns. Just the same, how'd they get his blood? The doctors weren't able to pierce Superman's skin.

2) Superman pulls kryptonite out of his hand, but why would he just lay it down next to himself?

3) When Supes is testing his powers on the rooftop, why doesn't he test his invulnerability?

4) Clark takes a lot of risks with his identity opening his shirt and taking his glasses off in public.

5) The Conner Kent T-shirt look was a bit much.

6) The scene in the van when the goons and Alexander are blathering on about land just goes on and on. The scene could have been chopped in half and it would have had more impact and given us the same information.

7) Relying on Marggot Kidder's likeness for Lois was a massive fault of the film. Nothing was served by doing so and I felt completely removed from the story by not seeing Lois's face and then hearing a recording of Kidder saying good night from Superman: The Movie.

8) The dialogue in the hospital room scene is more of the blathering, superfluous stuff we saw in the van scene.

9) "A good reporter doesn't just get great stories. A good reporter makes them great." C'mon.

10) Amnesia kiss. Really?

11) Supes sacrificing his connection with Lara. More of that lack of creativity.

12) Breaking the forth wall. Ah, jeez.

It's always admirable to see fan films and I give kudos to those who attempt such an undertaking, but I'm afraid Requiem is just wrought with script problems and an overall lack of creativity.
_____

superking
With all due respect to the people involved...and im sure there will be people who get into it, i couldn't really cope with watching the movie...,

congrats guys for putting your passion into something you love and that has to be acknowledged so well done for putting a film out...it doesnt really matter what people think as long as the people involved liked what they accomplished...it takes balls to put yourself out there.

WrongDoor
Have to agree - its a fan film so you cannot expect it to be on a par with a proper funded film.

I think it is very patchy - some of the acting is good some (really) bad, the score is great but the dialogue was a bit rubbish is sound quality.

I thought the overall look was okay and the editing was good - direction was okay (a little boring) but overall it was a noble effort.

eldarthyvaderinsky
mucho unwatchable

copacetic
It sucked.

burrows316
lex has hair???

Hypoxic

>burrows316 wrote:

lex has hair???

It's Alexander Luthor, Jr.
_____

burrows316
i did watch it. Fair play to all those who put time and effort into it..

Hypoxic
My review of Requiem for the Homepage is up on the news feed now, for those interested:

http://supermanho...ore=10590#
_____

copacetic

>Hypoxic wrote:

My review of Requiem for the Homepage is up on the news feed now, for those interested:

Good review, but it could have been a bit shorter.

Here, I'll help you write it:

It sucked out loud.

THE END

Hypoxic

>copacetic wrote:

>Hypoxic wrote:

Good review, but it could have been a bit shorter.

Here, I'll help you write it:

It sucked out loud.

THE END

Careful there. The filmmakers may see that comment and demand I remove it.
_____

copacetic

>Hypoxic wrote:

Careful there. The filmmakers may see that comment and demand I remove it.

Because as we all know, the only comments people want to see for their finished product are positive ones so they can continue living in a self-congratulating bubble.

Note - I don't want the filmmakers to stop making films, if it means they're going to take their licks, learn, and try and improve with a better product. What I don't want is more of the same garbage from them because they felt they nailed it on the first try.

Movie sucked. End of.

Jump to Forum: