Print Thread
Brainiac Attacks...Bad As I've Heard?
TomCon
Hey everybody,

I recently acquired the movie Brainiac Attacks. I'm interested in watching it, but I've heard nothing but negativity.

I know that Duane Capizzi wrote it, and I'm not all that fond of him after Superman: Doomsday. Is this any better or worse than that?
Only a steel man came to recover
If he had run from gold, carry over
We celebrate our sense of each other
We have a lot to give one another --Sufjan Stevens, "The Man of Metropolis Steals Our Hearts"

NeoRanger
It's worse - much worse. However, it's not really horrible. Much of the ire against it comes from it looking like the Animated Series and having nothing else to do with it (either in terms of story or quality). It's a straight-up kids Superman film. The story is kind of there, the battles are OK, Brainiac kind of sucks for a villain and Lex is just a bit too campy.

I think you may enjoy it, but it's more of a movie than you can enjoy while watching and then have no desire to ever go back to it. Just, if you do decide to sit through it, remember that it has absolutely no connection to STAS whatsoever.

copacetic
Why are you asking if it's any good after buying it? You've already wasted the money on it. Might as well have watched it online for cheaper or free (if you went to a streaming site).

TomCon
I was given it, not forced to buy it.
Only a steel man came to recover
If he had run from gold, carry over
We celebrate our sense of each other
We have a lot to give one another --Sufjan Stevens, "The Man of Metropolis Steals Our Hearts"

Lois
Seen it. It's not something that I'd watch again.
Read my mind.

william b
I don't think I got through it.
It looked like the animated series, but it wasn't nearly as good. I assumed it was made by a different animation company or something.

Hypoxic
You have it, so why not just watch it and then tell us what you think? I don't think it's terrible, but it certainly isn't great. All in all, it's not without it's charm.
Easy, miss. I've got you.
_____

Get away from me, padre. You reek of the irrational. - Lex Luthor

smallville92
Brainiac Attacks is a great animated film .

Fleischer Superman
I actually liked it a lot more than say Superman Vs the Elite. I kind of like it a lot actually.
the infant from Krypton is now the Man of Steel... Superman!

Zee
I liked it very much.
The only part that bugs me from TAS is that Brainiac is a computer from Krypton rather than one from Colu.

Jump to Forum: