Print Thread
How would you like Zod to look?
Bizzar-o
It occurs to me that there's been plenty of forum chatter on various casting choices, who's the best at playing this and that character, even speculation on how the new outfit might look. But nobody yet has asked how they feel Michael Shannon's General Zod should look.

Personally, I think that Terrence Stamp's outfit for the Reeve films was too disco for my liking. All he needed were some roller skates & E.L.O playing in the background & he'd have been all set to star in Xanadu.

I'd like to see something far more subtle and befitting a wannabe despot. Maybe something akin to M.Bison from the Street Fighter series (minus the hat and metal shoulder, cuffs & shin armour) and in a dark blue or black

http://t3.gstatic...a4bAxW8Bbg

Just try to imagine that but with the adjustments I suggested.

Do away with the slick back hair, keep it short (similar to Sam Worthington in Clash of the Titans). And of course, keep the beard. It gives Zod an air of authority.

Apologies, the pic I wanted wouldn't upload so I made it clickable.

Edited by Bizzar-o on 21/06/2011 18:13

robert morrison
black shirt, black trenchcoat and black trousers.
no beard
"People are afraid of what they don't understand" - Jonathan Kent
[img]http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b496/RobzHere/pakent_zpsd2408dda.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

copacetic
hawaiian shirt and parachute pants, with a giant pacifier

Hypoxic
I always figured the Phantom Zone criminals were dressed the way they were in Superman: The Movie because they were prisoners. It's prison garb... on Krypton.

Anyway, Zod is a general. He should be dressed like a military man.

We could certainly incorporate cop's suggestions though. The Hawaiian shirt could be camouflage, the parachute pants could be made of khaki, and the pacifier can shoot lasers.
Easy, miss. I've got you.
_____

Get away from me, padre. You reek of the irrational. - Lex Luthor

Bizzar-o

>Hypoxic wrote:

I always figured the Phantom Zone criminals were dressed the way they were in Superman: The Movie because they were prisoners. It's prison garb... on Krypton.

Really? I never got that impression. If that was the case, you'd think they'd want to change them as soon as possible. No criminal wants to look like a criminal do they?

And yes, you could argue that on Earth nobody's going to know it's Krypton's answer to the stripey prison outfit recognised worldwide but still.
Gosh Mr White that's terrible!

copacetic
Actually, if you look at the extra footage from Superman II you'd see that the Kryptonian villains are dressed in all black even when they're attacking the guard and destroying that mysterious red crystal. So maybe it was just what they were wearing at the time.

Hypoxic
Yeah, perhaps it was the military garb, or the uniforms for Zod's movement to overthrow the council.
_____

Bizzar-o

>Hypoxic wrote:

Yeah, perhaps it was the military garb, or the uniforms for Zod's movement to overthrow the council.

Y'see, now that idea I can get behind! I always figured it was Krypton's answer to the military uniform but the 'Zod's Movement' idea works just as well.
Gosh Mr White that's terrible!

Utah13
Zod should be naked. Why wear clothes when you see Human beings as just monkeys. Honestly though, I hope we get a Terminator 2 type scene. He just walks in a biker bar and steals there clothes. . . .but instead of Biker bar make it someones wedding, and he spends the rest of the movie in a dress.

Ant-03
I agree with Utah - all jokes aside, Zod & Faora should really arrive naked. Then find suitable clothing like a General or Officer uniform etc.

Hypoxic

>Ant-03 wrote:

I agree with Utah - all jokes aside, Zod & Faora should really arrive naked. Then find suitable clothing like a General or Officer uniform etc.

[img]http://www.dvd.net.au/movies/t/02870-1.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.
_____

Ant-03
Hehe, that's what i'm talking about!

robert morrison

>Utah13 wrote:

Zod should be naked. Why wear clothes when you see Human beings as just monkeys. Honestly though, I hope we get a Terminator 2 type scene. He just walks in a biker bar and steals there clothes. . . .but instead of Biker bar make it someones wedding, and he spends the rest of the movie in a dress.

lol. i'd love to Faora naked, who wouldn't want to see Antje Traue naked
but, why would they be naked? is kryton a nude planet?
"People are afraid of what they don't understand" - Jonathan Kent
[img]http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b496/RobzHere/pakent_zpsd2408dda.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

Ant-03
Good point. All depends on how they come to Earth. What's that thing in the ozone layer where it burns objects that go through it? (Bit of a bimbo at this so work with me here...) When I think of Zod and Faora coming to Earth I just picture clothes burning off – not in the heat of passion kind of way! Just, you know, burning off their bodies before they crash land and wonder how they survived the fall etc, etc.

a young tony curtis
Well if Zod and Faora had kryptonian garments on,then the clothes would be imperveous to damage and the re-entry temperatures coming back into Earth's atmosphere (I think?)

And as far as surviving the fall to Earth,well whether they were conscious or not the yellow sun would have given them invulnerability/powers to survive space and the fall (again...I think,depending on how long they had been under the yellow sun)

HELP! question's to anyone who knows........

If Zod and Faora were to suddenly appear in space or orbit after coming from the phantom zone, then according to modern day powers, kryptonians having to slowly gain/charge their powers from the yellow sun radiation etc, then wouldn't they die almost instantly because of not enough time to absorb the rays and gain enough power?

And how long would it take an un-powered kryptonian coming into a yellow sun galaxy for the first time to gain enough power/invulnerability to survive space or a fall to Earth?

If a Kryptonian goes into a red sun galaxy or planet then do they still have powers that will slowly fade cus they cant recharge? or as I have seen in some comics, lose powers straight away?

please help if anyone has the answers.
and if this post belongs in a different thread,then please can the admins move it.

Hypoxic

>Ant-03 wrote:

What's that thing in the ozone layer where it burns objects that go through it?

Objects can burn up upon entry into Earth's atmosphere due to the dual result of vast amounts of kinetic energy of the object and the compression of air that strikes the object's surface. Both of these create great amounts of heat.
_____

Supereyes
For all of the Kryptonian suits in general, I wish Superman's costume to be somewhat inherited from his Kryptonian origins, otherwise, that makes his costume inconsistent with his Kryptonian origins. If there isn't any cape or "S" shown on Krypton, but if Superman wears that, I'd feel a bit upset.

The thing is, I never really think of Superman as an alien. In "Metroville" however, I did buy the costume and it tied in well with the mythologey for me.

General Zod should still have the beard and speak in a British...(but let's call it a Kandorian/Kryptonian accent), and wear a black trench coat, he should have other material on his suit to represent that he is a powerful man, and is a general.
[img]http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t309/Supereyes/clois.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

~I look upon my powers as a gift...Not mine alone, but for anyone who needs them~
Superman: Peace on Earth

Click Here to see my Super Fan Art!:
http://groups.msn...lery2.msnw

Jump to Forum: