Superman Homepage » Television » Smallville
 Print Thread
Tess Mercer = miss tessmacher
JR1989
Was tess mercer smallvilles miss tessmacher?

robert morrison
Is tess miss tessmacher?
"People are afraid of what they don't understand" - Jonathan Kent
[img]http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b496/RobzHere/pakent_zpsd2408dda.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

AKalel
i think a little bit but more mercy from the comics.

baalroo
She was an amalgamation of Miss Tessmacher and Mercy actually. as well as a stand-in for a lot of other smaller superman characters in many episodes.

Lex Vader
She was nothing like Mercy or Miss Tessmacher in anything but name, actually. How could she be Lex's sidekick when she died in her only scene with him? And she kicked people and wore dumb hats as much as Chloe, Lana and Lois did.

She had no permanent character traits whatsoever. They always changed. She was a filler character, used to replace the Luthors, fill the plot holes, and be shipped with whoever was available. She was the least meaningful or memorable character on the show.

baalroo

>Lex Vader wrote:

She was nothing like Mercy or Miss Tessmacher in anything but name, actually. How could she be Lex's sidekick when she died in her only scene with him? And she kicked people and wore dumb hats as much as Chloe, Lana and Lois did.

She had no permanent character traits whatsoever. They always changed. She was a filler character, used to replace the Luthors, fill the plot holes, and be shipped with whoever was available. She was the least meaningful or memorable character on the show.

look, we get it, you didn't like smallville. That doesn't change the fact that Tess was intended to be a mixture of Miss Tessmacher and Mercy.

Lex Vader
Sorry, but her name is a reference to Miss Tessmacher and Mercy Graves, and that's all. Her character is original and 100% owned by the creators of Smallville. She wasn't a blonde bimbo, she wasn't a sidekick or assistant, she wasn't comic relief, she wasn't a bodyguard, and she wasn't an Amazon. The show owns her lock, stock and barrel. So no, she was not Smallville's version of either character. Her name was a pointless reference and that's as far as it goes. Those are the facts, and they have nothing to do with my opinion of Smallville.

baalroo

>Lex Vader wrote:

Sorry, but her name is a reference to Miss Tessmacher and Mercy Graves, and that's all. Her character is original and 100% owned by the creators of Smallville. She wasn't a blonde bimbo, she wasn't a sidekick or assistant, she wasn't comic relief, she wasn't a bodyguard, and she wasn't an Amazon. The show owns her lock, stock and barrel. So no, she was not Smallville's version of either character. Her name was a pointless reference and that's as far as it goes. Those are the facts, and they have nothing to do with my opinion of Smallville.

This is my point, you are allowing your dislike for the show to blind you. She was a mixture in the sense that she was completely enamored with Lex and was his "right hand man," it just was written in after the fact and explained through exposition when she first showed up. I mean, we're talking about Smallville here, it's not like any of their characterizations were anywhere close to what we generally think of when we think of these characters. Might as well argue that Smallville's Clark Kent was a pointless reference to Superman.

Lex Vader
It's not a character trait if exactly none of it was ever onscreen or affected the plot. Lex was dead the entire time Tess was on the show. Her implying with extreme vagueness that they had one relationship or another meant absolutely nothing since it was just a way to excuse why he'd leave her his empire. Her saying she USED to be his right hand person is ridiculous because she never was. I know, because whenever Lex was onscreen, I looked at his right hand. I never saw Tess. That lie doesn't change her actual role on the show, which was unlike any follower of Lex, and very much an aimless replacement. It's like refering to Jonathan Kent's character as a little boy, because he used to be one.

Jump to Forum: