Print Thread
Comic-Con July 21-24 Superman Reveal/teaser/News?
a young tony curtis
As Comic-Con falls just before Man Of Steel is due to start shooting,wouldn't it be the perfect time and place for photo's or short teaser with Henry in the suit? Maybe final casting and some story news?
what do you guys think,and will anyone be attending the event?

Hypoxic
I hope we get some news soon, whether it be at Comic Con or elsewhere.

I won't be attending.
Easy, miss. I've got you.
_____

Get away from me, padre. You reek of the irrational. - Lex Luthor

a young tony curtis
The no news thing is a bit worrying,some people think they might be re writing or changing a few things because of the DC changes and legal stuff?. And it seems there wont be any Batman or Man Of Steel at Comic-Con!

a young tony curtis
Well,the movie has been put back,and two years feels like a long frelling time to me!

Bring on the Spider and the Bat!

Anyway,whatever the reason for the delay,at least we should get some decent new pictures of Sir Henry of Cavill on Saturday,along with the Immortals gang.

Any bets on whether he will be covered up,or will he be wearing a t shirt to show off his nearly ready for filming Superman physique?

And it will be interesting to see what he's had done with his hair,the length,style etc.

King Creole
My bet is not this year, but hopefuly next year Comic Con we will be seeing some images of HC in the suit. And better yet, maybe even a teaser trailer attached to the Batman movie.
You are here for a reason.

tnekkralc
Apparantly he's packed on an extra 25lbs ON TOP of his Immortals physique:

http://movies.cos...s-superman

It seems his hair is darker and he's wearing a not too revealing white shirt to cover up he bulk at Comic-con. And he's definitely been doing his research:

http://www.youtub...r_embedded

classickaaee
I don't about anyone else. But i would surely attend it !!

a young tony curtis

>tnekkralc wrote:

Apparantly he's packed on an extra 25lbs ON TOP of his Immortals physique:

http://movies.cos...s-superman

It seems his hair is darker and he's wearing a not too revealing white shirt to cover up he bulk at Comic-con. And he's definitely been doing his research:

http://www.youtub...r_embedded

Yeh,25 lbs is a lot of bulk/mass/size, considering his body fat levels are still low,I noticed it in his face as soon as I saw the first comic con footage and pics.

And I presume he will be getting bigger as well over the coming weeks and months,I'd be surprised if he gained more than 30 lbs overall though,then he will have to maintain his shape for the remainder of the shoot.

He's going to look physically convincing in the suit and in general imo.

copacetic
I, for one, kinda want the project to be shrouded in some mystery.

We're living in such a high information traffic age that almost nothing is new or surprising any more - the news gets plastered everywhere from every iPhone, iPad, news blog, RSS feed, facebook page out there. While it's definitely interesting to get all this hitherto unavailable news about a movie's progress, I think at the same time it spoils the magic of movies. Perhaps after the movie's all said and done, I'd be interested in knowing how they achieved an effect (provided it's not directly obvious as CGI) or what the costume looked like during development stages...but before the movie even premiers, I feel like it's peeking at a birthday present early.

Maybe that's just me though. I'm not a typical "back in the old days, things were better" kinda guy, and I embrace new technology quite readily. But I just think when it comes to a movie which I'd like to savor every second once I see it for the first time, no news is good news. I want the plot details, costumes, effects to just be consigned to a trailer and that's it...I will then happily plunk down my money to go check it out and have an opinion after viewing it, not before.

Maybe it's just me though.

Saint Expeditus

>copacetic wrote:

I, for one, kinda want the project to be shrouded in some mystery.

We're living in such a high information traffic age that almost nothing is new or surprising any more - the news gets plastered everywhere from every iPhone, iPad, news blog, RSS feed, facebook page out there. While it's definitely interesting to get all this hitherto unavailable news about a movie's progress, I think at the same time it spoils the magic of movies. Perhaps after the movie's all said and done, I'd be interested in knowing how they achieved an effect (provided it's not directly obvious as CGI) or what the costume looked like during development stages...but before the movie even premiers, I feel like it's peeking at a birthday present early.

Maybe that's just me though. I'm not a typical "back in the old days, things were better" kinda guy, and I embrace new technology quite readily. But I just think when it comes to a movie which I'd like to savor every second once I see it for the first time, no news is good news. I want the plot details, costumes, effects to just be consigned to a trailer and that's it...I will then happily plunk down my money to go check it out and have an opinion after viewing it, not before.

Maybe it's just me though.

I feel the same way.

tnekkralc
Definitely good call on the above post. I'm shocking when it comes to finding out every detail on a movie before it's release, in some ways I wish technology didn't give access to so many spoilers, rumours etc. And I'm definitely not a 'things were better in the old days' kinda guy.

Hypoxic
I guess many of us are "some things were better in the old days" kind of guys.
Easy, miss. I've got you.
_____

Get away from me, padre. You reek of the irrational. - Lex Luthor

A6K
All I heard and read was Cavill talking up the movie and saying the suit was "fantastic." But the first is expected, every actor/actress talks up the movie they are doing, although my impression is that Cavill really means it. And saying the suit is "fantastic" is like saying its "cool." I'm not sure exactly if he has worn a final version though. In earlier comic-con interviews he stated that he has only been fitted and tried on test versions, unless I'm misunderstanding or getting my interviews confused.

But I'm with some of you guys, a few pictures and a trailer is all I'm really wanting. I like misinformation campaigns too, IMO it shows they are taking a movie seriously when they go out of their way to throw everyone off the right trail.

They should release some pictures of Cavill in a crappy suit or designed in the wrong way, then release the real pics later. I think I would be a laughing at everyone with WB. Because you KNOW people would cry about it to no end until the real pics were released.

Jump to Forum: