Print Thread
Catherine "Cat" Grant
JR1989
Tracy Scoggins played cat in season 1, but why do you think cat wasn't in seasons 2-4?
"You will give the people of earth an Ideal to strive towards, they'll race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall but in time they will join you in the sun, in time you will help them accomplish wonders"

NeoRanger
Oy, you're making lots of those and I haven't talked about the show in so long I get easily baited =P

I don't recall the behind-the-scenes rationale. I'll say from my position, she just wasn't needed anymore. She was a delight in the first season, but by the second season the focus and style were shifting. The entire show was becoming more light-hearted and even further removed from the core of a super-hero show, so her sassy, light-hearted addition was redundant.

a young tony curtis
Like NeoRanger says,they didnt need the character for the show anymore,they used her for what they needed.
I liked how Lois would get jealous and pissed when she was all over Clark.

JR1989
ok which cat grant is better the one from lois & clark or the one from smallville?

i think the flirty cat played by Tracy Scoggins in lois & clark is better, but the cat in smallville is hotter.
"You will give the people of earth an Ideal to strive towards, they'll race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall but in time they will join you in the sun, in time you will help them accomplish wonders"

NeoRanger
L&C hands down. Scoggins made the role a pleasure to watch. Smallville Cat was annoying.

AKalel
A friend of mine attended a B5 event where Tracey was a guest and she opted to leave cause as much as she enjoys sci fi she found that her character was not taken seriously enought to warrant staying on the show plus how different her character was from some of the comics.

robert morrison
She should've been in all four seasons
"People are afraid of what they don't understand" - Jonathan Kent
[img]http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b496/RobzHere/pakent_zpsd2408dda.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

DuncanB
Ha yeah she was really funny, didnt really get most of the jokes about her as a kid but funny to watch now.
'Clark is who I am, Superman is just what I can do'

Golddragon71
Actually Cat was in some ways very much like her earlier portrayals in the comics she was a gossip columnist who revealed in her "reputation" and she had a very strong attraction for Clark (They actually dated a bit early on even going so far as taking a weekend together at a ski-lodge)
The only things the Smallville Cat Grant had in common with her comic-counterpart were a son, a death mark on her head from Intergang (or some-such), and Blond Hair

Roger
I remember her from a Highlander episode and was so happy to see her in L&C.
I wish she could have stuck around the show longer.
- Roger "THE Doctor"
"Harry, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee."
- Dale Cooper (Twin Peaks)
www.DOCTORXOMBIE.com - horror host videos.

Pyxlmytlyk
The comics told us that Cat had a son that she lost to the boys father Morgan(?) in NYC.
Also in the comics Cat & Clark had a very close relationship and Superman made a pretty big mess while trying to bring the mother & son together again..
Can't recall if they brought that up in L&C?

Edited by Pyxlmytlyk on 11/09/2011 16:32

UltraWoman

>Pyxlmytlyk wrote:

The comics told us that Cat had a son that she lost to the boys father Morgan(?) in NYC.
Also in the comics Cat & Clark had a very close relationship and Superman made a pretty big mess while trying to bring the mother & son together again..
Can't recall if they brought that up in L&C?

They never mentioned any children. In fact other than she dated a few of her gossip prospects and her invited Clark over to her apartment early on the first season there wasn't much at all. Part of the reason I remember reading in terms of getting rid of her had to do with the fact that she was a VERY adult character in the first season and rather than toning her back or hiring a new person to replace Tracy Scoggins (it wouldn't have been the first person that they did that to) they just dropped her. I do think they were going to have a full arc with her that Mayson ended up taking the place of.

Jump to Forum: