Print Thread
Project: Superman Flashpoint
Comicsbloger
Have you guys heard: Flashpoint: Project Superman, the three-issue miniseries will be written by Scott Snyder and Lowell Francis will answer this question: Would Clark still be Superman if he hadn’t been raised by Ma and Pa Kent? In taking away the known origin of Superman’s life with Ma and Pa Kent will he still be known as Superman. “We really wanted this to be a story that investigates the nature of Kal-El as the world’s greatest hero, and whether or not he’d be Superman if the circumstances were drastically darker,” said Snyder during an interview with Comic Book Resources. When asked, Will this book impact the regular Superman continuity? Snyder said it will. “I can say I know what comes after, and yes there will absolutely be consequences,” Snyder said. “It really will have consequences that ripple through the DC Universe in a big way.” Flashpoint: Project Superman #1 will be in comics stores on June 29.
Keep the main thing the main thing

Hypoxic
I can think of three stories, though out of continuity, that deal with nearly the same thing:

The Nail
The Dark Side
Red Son
Easy, miss. I've got you.
_____

Get away from me, padre. You reek of the irrational. - Lex Luthor

Comicsbloger
I am sorry I think that DC is using Flashpoint to make major changes in all their heroes that will go into the new continuity of the DCU a reboot of the Universe in the direction they want. Changing most things we have known about our favorite characters. I hope I am wrong but they have done it before. Maybe they are testing the market to see what's acceptable to the comic readers. A new direction for DC.

AKalel
Me thinks DC is attempting to correct the issues of Crisis and Zero Hour with Flashpoint. I wonder what the next series will be called.

Sven-El

>AKalel wrote:

Me thinks DC is attempting to correct the issues of Crisis and Zero Hour with Flashpoint. I wonder what the next series will be called.

Crisis Five: Electric Boogaloo!

Infinite Worlds: The Search for More Money.

I Can't Believe it's Not Watchmen!

I shelled out 2.99 for this?
"You're here for a reason. Now I don't know what reason or whose reason but it's not just to score touch downs. "
-Jonathon Kent.
SUPERMAN: THE MOTION PICTURE

Comicsbloger
USA Today announced after Flashpoint that the changes include costume redesigns for more than 50 superheroes, spear-headed by Lee, intended “to make characters more identifiable and accessible to comic fans new and old.”

“We looked at what was going on in the marketplace and felt we really want to inject new life in our characters and line,” Co-Publisher Dan DiDio told the newspaper. “This was a chance to start, not at the beginning, but at a point where our characters are younger and the stories are being told for today’s audience.”

In a letter to retailers, DC’s Senior Vice President-Sales Bob Wayne explained that the new No. 1 issues “will introduce readers to a more modern, diverse DC Universe, with some character variations in appearance, origin and age. All stories will be grounded in each character’s legend — but will relate to real world situations, interactions, tragedy and triumph.”

“Some of the characters will have new origins, while others will undergo minor changes,” he wrote. “Our characters are always being updated; however, this is the first time all of our characters will be presented in a new way all at once.”

Looks like a reboot of the DCU to Me.

Hypoxic

>Comicsbloger wrote:

USA Today announced after Flashpoint that the changes include costume redesigns for more than 50 superheroes, spear-headed by Lee, intended “to make characters more identifiable and accessible to comic fans new and old.”

“We looked at what was going on in the marketplace and felt we really want to inject new life in our characters and line,” Co-Publisher Dan DiDio told the newspaper. “This was a chance to start, not at the beginning, but at a point where our characters are younger and the stories are being told for today’s audience.”

In a letter to retailers, DC’s Senior Vice President-Sales Bob Wayne explained that the new No. 1 issues “will introduce readers to a more modern, diverse DC Universe, with some character variations in appearance, origin and age. All stories will be grounded in each character’s legend — but will relate to real world situations, interactions, tragedy and triumph.”

“Some of the characters will have new origins, while others will undergo minor changes,” he wrote. “Our characters are always being updated; however, this is the first time all of our characters will be presented in a new way all at once.”

Looks like a reboot of the DCU to Me.

This is being discussed on other threads and on the news feeds on the main page.
Easy, miss. I've got you.
_____

Get away from me, padre. You reek of the irrational. - Lex Luthor

Comicsbloger
Thanks for the information I will check it out

Jump to Forum: