Superman Homepage » Television » Smallville
 Print Thread
SMALLVILLE SEASON 10 FINALE
Doc Taboc
A few things missing. But I did think it was AMAZING. Like the last 1/2 hour of star wars return of the sith, it wrapped up everything perfectly. well almost perfectly, I didn't really get Jimmy's return. Lois said that he has big shoes to fill from his brother. But why would there be brothers with the same name? I might of missed something there.

Also, gold Kryptonite ring. I didn't know that it was gold kryptonite until after someone said something after the wedding. So got lost there for a second but should of been written in a bit better.

The only other gripe was Lex. Yes it was great to see him back. BUT It was one scene and NO interaction with Clark. I felt if just one additional scene with lex talking to clark about their future together. I know it has been done in the past but to re-solidify it in the end would of been great, and to maybe have lex get irate with clark to stamp the hatred the 2 have developed together.

Ok Im bitching to what I thought was one of the best episodes ever made. I found myself being roped into the Sappy lois/clark wedding. I usually will complain about how they build a villians character an entire season then kill him off in a matter of seconds (doomsday ending I would of changed quite a bit) But this time Clark at that moment found himself and It ment more than just the badguy fight. I even got excited/emotional to how well the last 15 min was put together. I really think that besides the 3 minor things I would of changed above lead to the most exciting episode of all time. Great job and was more worried about them ending it with a sence of relife because it was done well rather than screaming though the house because it was ended poorly (lost, sopranos).

Very well done, At least I have them on DVD to re-live the adventrures again and again
Doc Taboc

Doc Taboc

>Jor-L5150 wrote:

i WANTED to like it.
and most of it was entertaining, but then ending was the most unfulfilling ending i've ever seen.

he FINALLY gets the suit on.
he's FINSLLY superman,
he flys up to apoklips....

...aaaaaannnnndddd....

NOTHING.

seriously, he flys up to apokolips and then CUT TO:
"seven years later..."

wtf?
did they think they shouldnt show him confronting darksied?

it could have been awesome. but they EPIC FAILED the end.

in the dictionary, under "anti-climactic" theres a pic of a cgi tom welling flying to apokolips.

But Darkseid was in Lionels body. I thought the battle was BS and should of been much more. (like the crappy battle with Doomsday...It was the battle that killed superman for god sakes, You couldn't spend more the 3 min with it?) But there were many confusing parts of the wrap-up but he did fight darkseid
Doc Taboc

Doc Taboc
I think I missed something. I posted how I was disapointed that Lex/clark didn't interact. There was a storm that blew through and I thought I only missed a minuite or 2 but I must of missed that scene completely. Sad

so before I get quoted left and right,,,, I am acknowleging it.
Doc Taboc

K3NT
Had CHILLS throughout this episode. Watching this left no doubt in my mind, Superman is and will always be my favorite superhero by far. No matter how much Marvel fans try to argue against that, Superman is THE one and only superhero.

jimdowner
For the most part, I enjoyed the Finale. From the very beginning the show was about Clark Kent, not Superman. My bet was that at most we would see Clark (Tom Welling) holding the suit in the Fortress at the very last 10 seconds. So, the fact that in the last 5 minutes he finally wears the suit (sort of) was good for me. The small animated Superman saving the plane and pushing Apocalypse away was too short and too easy. I laughed at the neck-up shot of Tom Welling outside the plane showing barely enough blue collar and red cape. The real kicker, of course, was the last scene with Clark on the roof running toward the camera and opening his shirt to reveal our favorite "S". I've re-watched this episode 3 times now. It is it my imagination or does Mr. Welling, in the final scene, look a bit chunky? Perhaps the omission of a head-to-toe tights scene was a good idea after all. With all that said, it was a good ending and a good run. Hats off, or rather glasses off, to the entire Smallville team for a job well done.
Jim Downer

sean_skroht

>jimdowner wrote:

For the most part, I enjoyed the Finale. From the very beginning the show was about Clark Kent, not Superman. My bet was that at most we would see Clark (Tom Welling) holding the suit in the Fortress at the very last 10 seconds. So, the fact that in the last 5 minutes he finally wears the suit (sort of) was good for me. The small animated Superman saving the plane and pushing Apocalypse away was too short and too easy. I laughed at the neck-up shot of Tom Welling outside the plane showing barely enough blue collar and red cape. The real kicker, of course, was the last scene with Clark on the roof running toward the camera and opening his shirt to reveal our favorite "S". I've re-watched this episode 3 times now. It is it my imagination or does Mr. Welling, in the final scene, look a bit chunky? Perhaps the omission of a head-to-toe tights scene was a good idea after all. With all that said, it was a good ending and a good run. Hats off, or rather glasses off, to the entire Smallville team for a job well done.

Totally agree. You've pretty much stated how I felt about the finale, so not much point repeating what has already been said.

But I will say this though, I'm kinda glad that we didn't get to see a an extended closeup of Tom Welling in the suit. I've always hated the suit design from Superman Return, most notably the high neckline. It makes anyone who wears the suit look like a "pencil neck". In "Superman - The Movie" I don't think that Christopher Reeve was that much more bulked up than either Tom Welling or Brandon Routh but the traditionally low neckline accentuates the lower broader area of the neck where it meets the shoulders giving us an impression of the thickness of the lower part of the neck and giving the illusions of someone having a broader set of chest and shoulders than they might actually have. The high neckline kind of hides that broadness where the neck meets the chest and shoulders. The dull colours and vinyl cape don't do much for me either.

If our next fix of Superman is going to come in the form of a new movie next year, I really hope they go for a more traditional design.

Drolaw
I liked the story line and understand that the writing team explained a lot in the span that they had. It didn't have the budget to produce a theater type movie so I didn't expect anything on that level. Seems like a lot of you did. If I was reading this in the form of a book I believe it would have been well received. Not too bad considering this was about Clark not Superman. So we had Clark developing into Superman and it ended as such.

I will miss this show! I've been a die hard superman since 1972 and this show has been one of the best story lines from a televised show since I can remember. Kudos to the cast and crew of Smallville. You will be missed.

superking

>Pravus wrote:

I honestly enjoyed the finale, the only thing I really didn't like was having Lex's memories taken away but it was GREAT to have Lex back. Michael Rosenbaum delivered and the bald cap looked fine.

Tom Welling pulled it off too. I love the moment when it all comes together for him. With my profound hatred for "the suit" (and everything Superman Returns) it worked very well for me that you never really get a full veiw of it.

Erica Durance - best Lois Lane ever.

I am sorry to see the show end. Smallville has been my only source of Superman since I stopped buying the comics.
Great post mate, i just watched the episode again and erica really is my fav lois also...she really sells me her devotion/honesty to clark and she plays a great future lois.

JR1989
We all know there won't be a season 11 but it would've been awesome to see tom welling as superman for one season, I thought they were going to end the finale with the future scene from homecoming where past Clark and future Clark meet.
"You will give the people of earth an Ideal to strive towards, they'll race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall but in time they will join you in the sun, in time you will help them accomplish wonders"

tnekkralc

>K3NT wrote:

Had CHILLS throughout this episode. Watching this left no doubt in my mind, Superman is and will always be my favorite superhero by far. No matter how much Marvel fans try to argue against that, Superman is THE one and only superhero.

Damn straight! Grin

superking
For all of smallvilles flaws...and there were a few, by treating as a comic type show i wasn't put off by the flaws..after all when you by a crap comic you just dont read it again. The fight with darksied was not what you expected..it did however set up..[.and i wasn't expecting it]....the floating scene then the strong stance forward before power flying thru darksied...it was a moment of pure power, some people wanna see a video game type fight id ratherr take quality over quantity. Also superman flying up to the plane and facing lois gave me chills as they both shared a kinda WTF moment of lok at me flying fer gods sake...it just showed the difference of a smallville to a superman...and as he floated away sun behind..cgi i know but still it smacked me exactly why superman is my fav...shots like that can be no other show/movie exept superman...kinda sets up the new movie nicely doncha think

tnekkralc

>superking wrote:

For all of smallvilles flaws...and there were a few, by treating as a comic type show i wasn't put off by the flaws..after all when you by a crap comic you just dont read it again. The fight with darksied was not what you expected..it did however set up..[.and i wasn't expecting it]....the floating scene then the strong stance forward before power flying thru darksied...it was a moment of pure power, some people wanna see a video game type fight id ratherr take quality over quantity. Also superman flying up to the plane and facing lois gave me chills as they both shared a kinda WTF moment of lok at me flying fer gods sake...it just showed the difference of a smallville to a superman...and as he floated away sun behind..cgi i know but still it smacked me exactly why superman is my fav...shots like that can be no other show/movie exept superman...kinda sets up the new movie nicely doncha think

Definitely. Whether you think Smallville was an abomination to the mythos or you were a die hard fan of the show, now that it's over it makes the anticipation for Man of Steel greater. Since the show has ended, it's been in the news, all over the net and has given people a little reminder Supes is still around and to stay tuned for 2012. Every bit of hype counts.

sean_skroht

>Pravus wrote:

Erica Durance - best Lois Lane ever.

Exactly!!!

It's such a shame we'll never get to see more of her in a fully fledged Superman series or movie.

Amy Adams has a lot to live up to.

NeoRanger

Awwww, we're comparing an Academy Award nominee to the extra from Uwe Boll's House of the Dead. Gotta love the fans.

Sefy
Well, i've just watched the Finale, after skipping anything from end of Season 7 as i just couldn't watch what was done to the characters. But anyway to the point, it's really hard to say... i enjoyed it (wasn't thrilled or high over it)... of course i won't point out the bloopers and somewhat ridicules solutions they provided... still enjoyable...

The best part would be with the starting of the closing of the comic book (with the Genuine Superman Theme playing in background) and i'd skip the part of Chloe being hinted as Oliver's wife, cause Black Canary is! and then with Tom running towards the camera... and opening the shirt to reveal the Chinese knock off of the Superman emblem...

Almost Perfect...
Best Wishes,
Sefy

cjohnperry

>Doc Taboc wrote:

A few things missing. But I did think it was AMAZING. Like the last 1/2 hour of star wars return of the sith, it wrapped up everything perfectly. well almost perfectly, I didn't really get Jimmy's return. Lois said that he has big shoes to fill from his brother. But why would there be brothers with the same name? I might of missed something there.

yeah mate, at the end of season 8 i think it was we learned that 'Jimmy' wasnt James Bartholomue Olson, not sure thats spelt right lol, but his older brother, i may be wrong, but i think his name was Bartholomue James Olson
CJperry

sean_skroht

>NeoRanger wrote:

Awwww, we're comparing an Academy Award nominee to the extra from Uwe Boll's House of the Dead. Gotta love the fans.

Whoopde-fricken-do. I've seen many Academy Award "nominees" play roles for which they weren't suited for. I'm not saying that this is necessarily the case with Amy Adams, but in my opinion, Erica Durance set a benchmark.

Lex Vader
It's adorable that people think because you have someone's child, they have to be married to you. How conservative is that? Do we live in lollipop land? Oliver's a deadbeat. He ran off with Black Canary after months of sexting.

NeoRanger
Erica Durance set a benchmark.

She is a below-average actress that kept spewing horrible dialogue and only got the chance to shine in the role whenever they took her character into the future. I admit, I very much liked her in, say, "Homecoming", but to say she set a benchmark or defined the character is reaching. A lot.

Johnjones
I've never understood people knocking on actors for the dialogue they speak. Unless it's proven to be improvisation, then the dialogue isn't the actor's fault. The way in which they act said dialogue is another matter entirely. So, NeoRanger, I felt that comment to be unfair to Erica Durance. She, as Lois Lane really grew on me over the years, and her acting improved extraordinarily throughout the series.

I also believe her and Tom had much better chemistry as a couple on the show, as opposed to Clark and Lana. Just look at the last 5 minutes of the finale, when she asks about the rings and Clark shuts the case before she can touch them. She gives him a very authentic and genuine smile, as one would if they really were a couple in real life. That's something small, but it jumped out at me on the first viewing and subsequent repeats. I think her acting was fine, and she is my second favorite Lois, just slightly behind Hatcher.
"Future events such as these, will effect you in the future."

-Plan 9 From Outer Space-

Jump to Forum: