Print Thread
New Members, Welcome!
Cartoonacy
I'm Bob. Born in 1959, I watched the Adventures of Superman on TV as far back as I can remember, and have been reading Superman comics since 1965. Currently listening to episodes of the 1940s radio series that I downloaded from http://www.archiv... (search for "Adventures of Superman" ). I'm a fan of all versions of the hero, but the comic books of the '50s, '60s, and '70s are always the closest to my heart.

Hypoxic
Welcome to the Homepage, Bob. If you have any problems or requests, just give me a holler.

See you around the boards.
Easy, miss. I've got you.
_____

Get away from me, padre. You reek of the irrational. - Lex Luthor

lisagslack14
Hello my name is Lisa and I am a fan of Superman. I have not read the comics yet (please forgive me) but I am planning on reading them though. I have watched all of the movies. Some of the Fleischer (Thanks to the 14 set DVDs) and some of the George Reeves. I have also seen the animated series, Lois and Clark and Smallville as well. I have all seen some of the animated movies as well. I am also listening to some podcast and I hae bought some of the CD's of the BBS audio shows. I found out about this place thanks to the From Crisis To Crisis podcast. I can not wait to post here and meet other fans of Superman

Hypoxic
Welcome to the Homepage, Lisa. I'm one of the moderators, so if you need anything or have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Enjoy your stay.

See you aroune the boards.
_____

Roger
Greetings fellow Superfans.
Did this place get a reboot..... or maybe just the forum?
It has been a while since I was at the page but I could have sworn I was signed up here before.
Curious.

Anyway...
I'm from Florida and have been a fan since I was a kid.

I'm mostly into the live action movies and TV shows.
I've seen everything except:
Smallville which I've only seen 2 episodes. (I'll get to that eventually.)
I'm in the middle of Lois and Clark right now.
My absolute favorite animated anything are the old Fleisher cartoons. Beautiful... just beautiful.

I've read my share of the classic comics and really got into them when Byrne rebooted the mythos.
I haven't really read anything since.

I'm hoping for a nice Playstation 3 video game... that's one of the things I'll research now that I'm here.

I'm also working on my horror host character "Doctor Xombie".
It's all about those old cheesy Saturday afternoon Creature Feature movies with hosts to make the movie watching experience bearable.
I have started filming short internet episodes so far in preparation for a longer show where I will host the full movies.
Check out my link below to see what it's about.

That's all for now. I'll see you in the forums. Smile
- Roger "THE Doctor"
"Harry, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee."
- Dale Cooper (Twin Peaks)
www.DOCTORXOMBIE.com - horror host videos.

Hypoxic
Hey, Doc,

Welcome to the Homepage. The site hasn't been "rebooted", but the default design has changed. There are quite a few options, however, and you can select the one you like in your CP.

I'm one of the moderators, so feel free to send any questions or concerns you may have my way.

I'll be sure to check out your horror show. I love me some horror. As a kid, Saturday nights were filled with three things: Hockey Night in Canada, Saturday Night Live, and horror movies. Of course, one Saturday a month, it would also be Saturday Night's Main Event.

Anyway, it was through these horror host shows and horrorfests that I grew to love the likes of Hammer Films (still my favourite horror studio). I'm glad to see the tradition is ongoing.

_____

Roger
Thanx for the welcome Hypoxic.
I'm rediscovering this site and getting a big thrill about the new Man Of Steel movie that is... ACTUALLY IN PRODUCTION!!!
Superman has always been my absolute favorite superhero and this site has rekindled my love for everything Superman.
- Roger "THE Doctor"
"Harry, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee."
- Dale Cooper (Twin Peaks)
www.DOCTORXOMBIE.com - horror host videos.

lisagslack14
Thank you for the welcome Hypoxic.

True Blue 211
Greetings all I am not a newbie I was back in 2006, when I first discovered this website, and quick shout out to Steve for keeping a great online fan site for us fans of the iconic comicbook character of all time.

Car-El
G'day all!

I'm Carolyn...Steve Younis' sister Grin

I guess you can say I'm one of the 'old timers' around here. Been a member since 2004...been a superman fan since I was a kid. It was a bit hard not to become a fan when your brother is Steve Pfft I grew up surrounded by all things superman...movies, comics, etc.

I don't get to visit the site as often as I use to or would like to because of work commitments. I was part of the furniture in the chat room for many years as some of the 'old timers' will remember Pfft I hope to make it to the chat hour again one day, and I'd like to post more often on the boards too...it's been far too long.

I'm obviously very proud of Steve and all that he does with the Superman Homepage Wink He has a great team supporting him too...well done all!

Very excited for the MOS movie...bring it on!

So that's me...it's nice to meet you all. And to all the 'old timers' I know already...keep in touch Wink

Cheers!

Carolyn...Car-El
[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e125/Car-El/CarelBanner.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

"Opinions Are Like Brains, Everyone Has One, But Not Everyone Knows What It Is For."

Hypoxic
Hi Carolyn,

Hopefully you'll be able to pop in more often, especially with so much going on at the moment in the world of Superman. There's lots of discussion and debate. It's certainly an exciting time to be a Superman fan!
_____

Poppy
Hi everyone!
I'm 34 years old, and live with husband and four dogs in a little house in the woods outside Stockholm, Sweden. I've loved superheroes and Superman since I was a kid. My dad had lots of comic books from the silver age of Superman that I read growing up, and I also loved the first Donner films. As a grown-up I've read DC superhero comics on and off, read all the crisis series, some collected golden age stuff, Grant Morrisons Allstar, Red Son, Birthright, Superman's death and some other stuff. Now with the big reboot I'm gonna start really following Superman again. I've also just watched the first season of Smallville, and overall enjoyed it.

way7
Hi I am new.

A6K
[img]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s310/gburris1/supermanhello.gif[/img] is not a valid Image.

IFightForTomorrow
Hello All!

My name is Alex and I am an outspoken sermonizer in the Church of Superman.

Seriously now, five converts and counting.

I've always loved the character since I was a little kid, but my enthusiasm didn't get cranked up to 11 until All-Star Superman launched. Since then, I've been all about big blue. I've been digitally following all the New 52 stuff for Superman and many others and been loving it.

Somewhere in the depths of my hard drive, I have an incompleted fan fiction presenting my vision of what a reboot of Superman would look like. I meant to get it done and show it off before the relaunch, but obviously that didn't happen...

Anyway, nice to be here and I look forward to commiserating/arguing/discussing with all of you soon! Wink

Hypoxic
Welcome to the Homepage, Alex.

I'm on of the admins, so if you have any questions or requests just send them my way.

_____

Made of Steel
Hey all, I'm Melissa, I've been a Superman fan since the mid-90s, but I'm just now getting back into the fandom since I read Superman: From the Thirties to the Seventies this summer, and recently watching Superman: the Movie for the first time since I was a kid. I love the Timm-verse cartoons, and the Byrne era comics, and I'm hooked to Perez's Superman comics right now ( and I am reading Action as well, just not as enthusiastically XD ). Nice to be here with fellow fans ^^

UltraWoman
I realized I haven't yet introduced myself. I'm UltraWoman (I don't go by real names in forums so that's my name here.) I got back into the fandom mostly through both "Lois and Clark: the New Adventures of Superman" and the Reeve movies about 2007 and joining here in 2010 but I grew up with a couple of boxes of back issues of comics which also included Superman ones as a kid at my grandma's summer cabin because my great-uncle worked at one of the printing facilities at the time. On rainy days we'd sit and watch some of the Fleischer cartoons that we had on VHS. Then the 90s came around and Superman was on both via "Lois and Clark" and the Timm cartoons. I always recognized them as different yet equal interpretations of the story and always found both of them intriguing all the time so don't ask me to pick a favorite.

I wanted to start reading comics again around 07 but found the WoNK/WWoS to be too depressing and dis-interesting to me (I didn't like Superman not being in his own title, nor the fact that he wasn't interacting with the usual suspects) so I waited until Flashpoint to come around to do any real comic reading of newer items (because I saw it as an elseworld take and that's the only way I can feel my way around new subjects when it comes to comics.) I am currently regularly reading Superman and Action (that one is through a friend as I have not found it interesting enough to purchase on it's own.) and loving Superman (not so much Action.) I'm also scrounging through out LC shops .25 rack to see what really old back issues I can read (can you tell I'm not die-hard on the collecting Wink ?)

Lois
Greetings to All! Smile
Been a Superman fan for a long, long, long, long, time.
Watched George Reeves in the Superman serials a kid.
Saw Superman The Movie in the theater when it first premiered.
That was Super! Grin
Superman will always be my favorite super hero. Smile
Read my mind

tonedefmanny
Hello, my name is Manny. I've been a Superman fan since '87 (I'm now 31).

I been coming to this website for sometime now but not until yesterday did I finally become a member.

This is the very first time I have joined a Message Board and this intro is my very first post reply. Ever.

So when I say I'm new to this, I mean it.

I look forward to joining in the many fascinating discussions that go on in this great website.

Jump to Forum: