Superman Homepage » Television » Smallville
 Print Thread
Dominion
The Red-Blue Blur
Pretty decent episode. It wasn't much different from a few of the other episodes from earlier on. I liked the whole Orion reference and this search for the weapon. But anyway, where the **** is Lionel? It's sort of like they're rushing things with Darkseid and the Luthors because there have been so many useless and just stupid fillers like the one which stole the Hangover plot. What the hell was that?†

I was hoping at the end that the statue's eyes didn't open and thank God they didn't. Instead, it cried blood, like some demonic events mentioned of in modern day on 20/20 specials. I love how close he writers have made Darkseid to the devil/anti-Christ (which in the Bible I believe represents the devil's force of darkness). Really brilliant idea for the writers with the last season being the biggest challenge and all.

3/5

Supereyes
Did Zod get out of the phantom zone? What version of Zod was this? Did Clark kick Zod's ass on Earth? What happened with Tess and Lois?
[img]http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t309/Supereyes/clois.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

~I look upon my powers as a gift...Not mine alone, but for anyone who needs them~
Superman: Peace on Earth

Click Here to see my Super Fan Art!:
http://groups.msn...lery2.msnw

The Red-Blue Blur

>Supereyes wrote:

Did Zod get out of the phantom zone? What version of Zod was this? Did Clark kick Zod's ass on Earth? What happened with Tess and Lois?

Clark went into the Phantom Zone to do something about closing the gate to it for good so that phantoms wouldn't escape again. Oliver comes along too. When they get there, they find out they can't access the gate to get back home. Zod, who has the crystal they need to open the gate, holds them captive and forces Clark and Oliver to fight others/eachother in a gladiator type of challenge. Hoping Oliver will win, Zod would apparently give him the title of being his brother/co ruler of the Phantom Zone. Bla bla bla, they fight, bla bla, and in the process steal the crystal. They return home. Apparently the time was messed up so while they thought they were in there for a few hours, they were actually there for three weeks. Now, in two days, Clark will marry Lois... Anyway, no real point to this one.

Kal-El23

>Supereyes wrote:

It was the real Zod. The younger Zod that Kal-El sent away in 'Salvation' merged with the phantom Zod from season 6. I personally thought it was a pretty good episode, but I would've liked to have seen Zod act a bit more ruthless with Kal-El....after all, he did banish him like Jor-El did. There was a nice nod to the Superman films too from when they showed Zod, Non, and Ursa being banished to the Phantom Zone.
I Know My Destiny

JR1989
Good episode
Lois made me laugh when she said she was using the whitesnake pillow because it reminds her of Clark (Clark really don't like whitesnake)
"You will give the people of earth an Ideal to strive towards, they'll race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall but in time they will join you in the sun, in time you will help them accomplish wonders"

Supereyes
Damn. Just saw the episode. Wasn't God awful but alright, I'll say it was decent, I can relate to others, but it wasnt decent enough for me.

The episode was entertaining and had some decent action scenes. We should have this action each week though.

Couldn't all this strength in fight scenes be done with the same amount of strength Kryptonians have? Why don't they do fights with super-powered people? That's what I want to see.

It was probably one of Smallville's best fights, too bad it was in a place where Clark didn't have his powers.

Now I could swear to you guys they probably took my idea that the clone Zod will find General Zod the phantom and become one. I'm really glad they did that, however that just didn't work for me. Because before we didn't know that the crystal sent phantoms back to the phantom zone, it was unknown what the crytsal did.

What would have made this a better story though would be Zod escaping from the PZ, the clone Zod and real General Zod, and coming back to find Kal-El to get his revenge.

How did Slade Wilson escape the phantom zone? Because he had the House of El crystal? How? Where did he get that? Clark still had it in his hand when he banished him with the crystal.

Did Zod say he sent Slade back with the blood Clark gave him? Because originally, that was the key to escaping the phantom zone, by putting it on the S portal thing.

This Zod was a little too nice for me. I wanted to see him choking, strangling Clark with anger because Clark sent him there to the phantom zone.

Now how did this happen? I didn't get it, Clark had the crystal in his hand and escaped with Oliver? I didn't see that, or did Oliver snatch it from Zod? Because I thought I saw Zod wearing the house of El crystal. But where did anyone get that?

This would have been bonus twisted if Zod escaped and returned to Earth once again, so that way Clark and Zod would fight with powers. I'm disapointed that didn't happen.

This episode didn't have much to do with Zod. Even though Zod was there, it wasn't really about him.

Now my last question is....what happened to Zod and those two, presumably Non and Ursa, after Clark and Oliver escaped, how did they get banished into the phantom zone diamond trap thingy?

Is that supposed to make them stay in there forever or return to Earth? I mean that it supposed to go to the Phantom Zone.

Guess I'll give this a 3.5. Zod is one of my favorite villains. He was just a little too nice. At least the writer knew what he was doing at the end, by letting Oliver fight Clark, but ultimately leaving the finishing part to Zod.

Clark fighting in the red cape, shield and sword was nice, but I hate that now, twice we've seen him lose at the end. Stabbed by Zod, and Oliver.
[img]http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t309/Supereyes/clois.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

~I look upon my powers as a gift...Not mine alone, but for anyone who needs them~

Supereyes
Sorry I just wanna add...why would Zod want to rule in the phantom zone? He should hate it. So Darkseid gave him a chance to rule in the phantom zone and Zod approved? I think the only thing Zod would care about after getting banished by Kal-El would be to get revenge of him. How could Zod have been so relaxed in the phantom zone?

This was out of character for me.

Rod-El
what exactly happened to the Phantom Zone at the end? Did it get destroyed? If yes, does that mean they were simply killed? Is that what Superman would do?

NeoRanger
^ No such thing happened. Clark and Ollie just used the crystal the get away and -if I saw correctly- Clark destroyed the crystal on their way out, leaving no way for someone to escape the Phantom Zone, unless they are pulled from the other side.

GeneralZod81
Not a bad episode!!! However Clark should have let Lois in on the destroying the crystal plan though, he should really have apoligized to Tess as she almost got lead poisoning as a COD(Cause Of Death).
KNEEL BEFORE GENERAL ZOD!!!!

Supereyes
I was going to snap a picture of myself kneeling before Zod if this episode was that worth kneeling for.

AKalel
Okay random points based on above points this whole thing of the Darkseid and Luthor season plots this goes back to what I had said in other posts of them having to many storylines that things are getting rushed out. Also as I said I think it would of been nicer if the season finale dealt with a few of the series loose ends and the Darksid story line and then have another movie which dealt with any majjor plotlines and the Luthor storyline.

I do not think time got messed up I just think Clark expected to be out before the gateway was to be destroyed but since it was not and he did not know the self destruct was deactivated for all he knew he came out with time to spare.

The fights kind of reminded me of the storyline in the comics in which Clark is in space and encounters the Eradicator artifact and even subjected to sorta similar kind of battles.

As Clark stated he fgured Slade being released from the Zone was as bait by ZOd with knowing when Clark heard about Slade he would try to get back to the Zone. The big question does Slade still have the mark and will he a factor in the finale or will it be yet another unresolved plot point.

As for the crystal was hanging from his clothing and Ollie plucked it away from Zod.

Re where the Zone went I do not think it was destroyed but it was zapped or transported either to another part of the galaxy real far awy or the other end of the universe so it would take years for it be back close to Earth.

I se Zod not realy liking life in the ZOne but he probably sees it as a stepping stone where he could prepare a army that he does not have to worry about Kal-el stopping him and when Darkseid was rerady to invade, ruin or whatever to Earth Zod would be willing to be of some kind off assitence cause after all I cannot see Darkseid once he was done defeating CLark and company assuming he could there probably would be no neeed for Darkseid to stay on Earth.

On a seperate thought Supereyes are you outide of North AMerica is that why sometimes you ask about the episode details before you have seen them or are you just curious about others thoughts bfore you reval yours.

Supereyes
Yes well I have hope that there will be some awesomeness in an episode, so that's why I like to ask. No airing of Smallville in Hong Kong.

Steve Wright
Sorry I just wanna add...why would Zod want to rule in the phantom zone? He should hate it. So Darkseid gave him a chance to rule in the phantom zone and Zod approved? I think the only thing Zod would care about after getting banished by Kal-El would be to get revenge of him. How could Zod have been so relaxed in the phantom zone?

He had to draw Clark into the phantom zone to kill him first. Of course, being ZOD, he also wanted to have a little fun. So, he watched a few episodes of Spartacus and figured out just what that fun would be. Smile

He knew if he confronted Clark on Earth he could end up losing, so he made him mortal. ZOD above all likes POWER. And, being in charge of the Phantom Zone gave him that power. He will eventually make his way to Earth as we all know.

THis was a decent episode. Just one more before the finale. Sad

Supereyes
^^yeah one more filler episode.....ahhhh...after all this time, they could have showed us the Justice League, Metallo, Bart, Martian Manhunter....Clark gets powerless again. Lois gets his powers....oh who cares about that?

I like Lois, but I've lost interest ever since they became a couple, I felt like it was forced and not believable, since the focus on the first 6 episode of season 9, it was supposed to develop Clark's feelings for Lois, but in "Roulette", he still had that annoyed look on his face, when Lois and Clark were watching a movie.

I haven't seen his character change in any way to become affectionate for Lois. I mean Clark hasn't said, "sexy" (oh wait he did in "Booster" right?) or "honey" and "sweetie" to Lois.

Lex Vader
He hasn't even said, "Dude, you are awesome sauce." Pretty sad when an iconic couple is outdone by NBC sitcoms.

AKalel
Ok Super did not realize you were in HK I know some people when they loose faith in a show sometimes ask people for episodes especially when a show is nearing its end in lieu of watching episodes.

Just another thing to add re Steve said about Zod and the Zone the thing aside from his followers is when you look at the amount of time in the Zone vs how much time CLark was in there you could also ad in the factor of ZOd for lack of a better term having home field advantage.

Zod Lombard
Yet another disappointing episode to a disappointing season.

This is the FINAL season and this is the best they could do?

I don't feel like this season has built toward ANYTHING, do you? Season 10 has just been so disjointed ... Darkseid and the "Darkness" (queue up Dave Chappelle's Rick James skit) seemed to be the focus in the beginning, but has largely been ignored.

Next week's penultimate episode, which SHOULD be solely setting up Clark for something big in the finale, is going to showcase Super Lois and Oliver searching for a magic bow ... with Kara's help. They better have Kara at least have one scene with Clark ... otherwise, what a waste to bring her back.

Since the end of Season 6, this show has just gotten progressively worse.

I think Season 10 is the worst season of all. I just hope TPTB can produce a decent enough show in the finale to take the sting out of the stench of Season 10.

As for "Dominion" ... just a waste to bring Zod back, only to have him and Clark in another "powerless" situation.

Sad when the best Clark-Zod "fight" scene came in the first episode of Season 6, when Zod controlled Lex's body.
Superman vs. Darkseid
http://www.youtub...zFsxSH8fUA

baalroo
^I don't just disagree with the post above me, my opinion is actually almost the exact opposite. I think this was the best episode yet in what has been the best season of the entire series.

It was a nice mixture of goofy fun and overarching character development. I was starting to think they'd never get around to telling the "trapped in another dimension and forced to fight in gladiatorial combat" story that is so pervasive in the DC world.

I enjoyed pretty much every single moment of this episode and was grinning and laughing straight through to the end.

easy 5/5

Kal-El23
I truly believe that this season has done enough service to the character of Clark Kent to understand why he does completely embrace his mantle as Superman. I say completely, because for me, Clark unknowingly embraced his destiny the moment he decided to use his powers to save people, but he thought that Jor-El had something else in mind. There have been good episodes this season, there have been great episodes this season, then there has been not so good episodes, but I think it has done Clark enough justice.
I Know My Destiny

Jump to Forum: