Print Thread
The Members General Chat Thread,any subject,any topic,come on in Y'All
a young tony curtis
This is the thread to talk about general stuff,film,tv,comics,music,what you are up to? what you are loving? what you are hating? lets get some humour/humor and some Superman community feel going,and obviously lets keep things family friendly too!
Grin

a young tony curtis
A late Happy Easter to everyone Smile
And I cant believe Smallville is coming to an end,ten years is a long time,is anyone else sad?

Hypoxic
No, I don't like the show actually, so I'm indifferent to it ending.
Easy, miss. I've got you.
_____

Get away from me, padre. You reek of the irrational. - Lex Luthor

a young tony curtis
There are a lot of people who dont like Smallville,and I can see all sides of the pros/cons about the show and where it has gone wrong or sometimes right.
Personally it's been nice to have had a Superman related show on the screen even if a lot has been wrong with the show.
So just being curious,how many episodes did you watch before you thought it was poo?

Hypoxic
I watched the entire first season, I believe, and most of the second. I didn't particularly care for it almost immediately. I did watch episodes here and there just to see if things had gotten better, but although I can see its appeal, it just didn't appeal to me.

Ultimately, I think it's taken an entirely ridiculous approach to the mythos, completely void of the substance and pathos that makes Superman great.
_____

a young tony curtis
Good points man,but I think you have to view it separately from the main world of Supes as it's own little world,cus it can make your head explode if you dont!
And I have found that there are usually around four or five episodes a season that are really good.
Oh, just watched the unofficial trailer of Immortals over at AICN,it's not hd but i was quite impressed with what I saw.
Henry Cavill looks quite good in the role,and man,I want that bow!
It reminds me of the D+D cartoon from years ago,which I loved.

The Man of Steel1265
Personally, I think it's had a long enough run. It's been 10 years.

a young tony curtis
Yeh,I think you are right about how long it's been running.
Action 900 and the citizenship thing seems to be causing a bit of debate!
Slightly over the top if you ask me.

The Man of Steel1265

>a young tony curtis wrote:

Yeh,I think you are right about how long it's been running.
Action 900 and the citizenship thing seems to be causing a bit of debate!
Slightly over the top if you ask me.

No kidding. I think someone needs to post a thread about it in the comics forum.

Hypoxic

>The Man of Steel1265 wrote:

No kidding. I think someone needs to post a thread about it in the comics forum.

A thread dedicated to 900 was started a few weeks ago. The discussion and debate are taking place there, though there are only a few people discussing it.
_____

JR1989
Smallville is lucky it didn't get cancelled after seasons 6 & 7

I'm glad it didn't get cancelled though because seasons 9 & 10 are my favorite seasons of smallville.

Sorry to moan but here are some reason I won't watch seasons 1-7 again or be buying seasons 1-7
I never liked Lana and Clark dating (Lana should've dated Pete) Lana shouldn't have of married lex and I didn't like Clark playing American football or him wanting to be human, I also don't like Oliver queen he should've just been in season 6 then leave and not return and I don't like how many people know clarks secret (chloe,lana,Oliver,Pete,Alicia,lex,lionel,Lois,zatanna,dinah,maxima,have I missed anyone else who knew clarks secret?) And how many times has Lois found out clarks secret (season 4 when Clark got amnesia,season 7 apocalypse, season 8 infamous I think the episode was called, season 9 salvation)
Sorry for moaning

Edited by JR1989 on 29/04/2011 10:47

"You will give the people of earth an Ideal to strive towards, they'll race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall but in time they will join you in the sun, in time you will help them accomplish wonders"

JR1989
Have you seen the trailer for Henry cavills new film immortals?
Did you like it?

If you've seen it then I have a question:
Is it Henry cavills character who is falling into the sea?
"You will give the people of earth an Ideal to strive towards, they'll race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall but in time they will join you in the sun, in time you will help them accomplish wonders"

The Man of Steel1265

>Hypoxic wrote:

A thread dedicated to 900 was started a few weeks ago. The discussion and debate are taking place there, though there are only a few people discussing it.

Really? I hope things don't get too out of control in there.

a young tony curtis
Well,things seem to have calmed down now after the Action 900 debates,lets hope everyone hasnt run off to become a Captain America fan!
I thought the number of members might have dropped by a few hundred
Glad to see that hasnt happened. Grin
And in the real world,thanks go to all the US special forces and CTU all around the world Wink

JR1989
Would Clark and Lois be able to have children if Clark was wearing blue kryptonite when they were "making love"?

a young tony curtis
As far as I know blue k takes away powers,but does it turn Clark human? cus if he was still Kryptonian then would that match up with human Lois?
Is this a storyline in Smallville at the moment JR?

The Man of Steel1265

>JR1989 wrote:

Would Clark and Lois be able to have children if Clark was wearing blue kryptonite when they were "making love"?

It's pretty much been established that Kal-El can't make babies with a human female. It has to do with their genes being "too different".

JR1989

It's pretty much been established that Kal-El can't make babies with a human female. It has to do with their genes being "too different".

Couldn't he have children if he was stripped of his powers like in superman 2?

I would love one day to see Lois & Clark have a child together,but superman returns may be the only time that superman and Lois have a child together.

a young tony curtis
Unless blue k made him human then it couldnt work,and without sounding too ignorant can anyone explain how Lois got pregnant in S2 as he was only powerless and not human?
And does anyone think Snyder and co are waiting for Smallville to end before they give us any more Man Of Steel info,it feels like they are lol,maybe i'm just being impatient for news

Hypoxic

>JR1989 wrote:

It would more specifically be the difference in DNA.
_____

Jump to Forum: