Print Thread
The Members General Chat Thread,any subject,any topic,come on in Y'All
Hypoxic

>a young tony curtis wrote:

I'm sure some of the people who have anti gay character views in the comics,would not worry or care if it was shown in an adult,or age appropriate media,some folk are over sensitive,and want to "protect their kids",or are just intolerant or phobic of anything different.

As long as children are not shown overtly sexual content in comic books,whether gay or straight,then that's okay.

A few members have pulled out that argument but it doesn't fly. The stats are clear: kids don't read main title comic books and nor are they written for them.
Easy, miss. I've got you.
_____

Get away from me, padre. You reek of the irrational. - Lex Luthor

a young tony curtis
No argument from me man,just saying that some people would be more comfortable if certain material and story lines were in more adult rated media,just an observation.

The stats are clear: kids don't read main title comic books and nor are they written for them.

Some children do read main title books,(and I don't mean eight year old's,my friends eleven year old lad is well into Supes and Spider Man),if they were not also for children to read as well as adults,then they would have swearing,nudity and more graphic content,or an older age rating.

Comic book readers can get a bit touchy when hearing anything that might suggest that "comics are for kids".

jayfort

>A6K wrote:

Anti-Gay is going to be like the whole blacks and whites of the 1950's - 1960's segregation. I hope.

Yeah as a whole society is cool with discrimination, segregation and down right hate of homosexuals. Times are a slowly changing but it's still ridiculous.

One day people may look back at this time and say "can you believe they treated gay people like that?" the same way we do about Jewish and Black people today, again hopefully.

My favorite is when Christians try and be anti gay. I bring up how alcohol, cursing, murder, rape, child mouslitation, lying, cheating, stealing has caused more pain and agony on this world than a man loving a man. And if another person says "they corrupt our kids" I'll go nuts.

If it is Superman who is gay, then he is gay. He is still Superman. I like Superman the same reason I like Captain America, the characters strong belief in doing what is right at their own expense. And i can look past lines of color, race and preference to see it.

jayfort
Farewell.

Jayfort

a young tony curtis
I'm starting to believe that as soon as someone visits the Homepage and logs in,they are then instantly bathed in a new form of 'full moon kryptonite',that radiates out from the screen.

I am not immune to this evil form of K myself,and find myself waking up the next day thinking,"jeez...what did i do last night,did i offend homosexuals on a Superman fan site?".

Maybe it's time to end all forms of discussion on here about racism,sexuality,politics etc,and just stick to what we do best,and argue about hair styles,trunks,and Amy Adams age.

Hypoxic

>jayfort wrote:

Farewell.

Jayfort

Odd.

Anyway, it was revealed in The Flash #9 this week that Pied Piper is gay and he's in a relationship with Director Singh. That must be it.

And AYTC, you never cease to entertain! Brilliant post.
_____

a young tony curtis
Thanks for the compliment H,I'm not sure everyone likes or gets some of my daft posts,but nice to know that some do.

A6K has a thread titled 'over analyzing the suits' where we were on about having a laugh,and being able to not be so serious all the time,we can be very passionate as fans,but sometimes need to step back and be able to poke fun at ourselves and the whole genre imo.

So it is Alan Scott who is confirmed as DC's homosexual (gay) character.

I was wondering...does the original Green Lantern have a bigger ring than the other Lanterns?

Hypoxic

So it is Alan Scott who is confirmed as DC's homosexual (gay) character.

I was wondering...does the original Green Lantern have a bigger ring than the other Lanterns?

No, just a bigger Schwartz.

Note: I'd like to point out my previous brain fart. Pied Piper was gay in previous continuity.

And, yes, if we can't have fun with the things we love and laugh out loud at them, what's the point?
_____

a young tony curtis
[img]http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p596/micakitty1/an-officer-and-a-gentleman-movie-poster-1982-1010467088.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

Grin

a young tony curtis
[img]http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p596/micakitty1/diane_lane12.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

"When I grow up I want to marry Kevin Costner and have an alien baby"

a young tony curtis
Check out the tats on Snyder

[img]http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p596/micakitty1/snyder_tattoo.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

Roger
Hey everybody.
I've been hitting the boards and trying to catch up on all the news and info I've missed.
Hope I'm not annoying too many people. Pfft

On a side note. Did something happen on the forums? Seems to be rather slow lately.
- Roger "THE Doctor"
"Harry, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee."
- Dale Cooper (Twin Peaks)
www.DOCTORXOMBIE.com - horror host videos.

a young tony curtis

>Roger wrote:

Hey everybody.
I've been hitting the boards and trying to catch up on all the news and info I've missed.
Hope I'm not annoying too many people. Pfft

On a side note. Did something happen on the forums? Seems to be rather slow lately.

It has been a bit quiet lately,I think the lack of MOS news and people being busy is the reason.

You wont annoy people by catching up Rog,the more the merrier I say.

a young tony curtis

[img]http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p596/micakitty1/an-officer-and-a-gentleman-movie-poster-1982-1010467088.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

Grin

Hope things are going well A6K.

Stay safe man.

a young tony curtis

>A6K wrote:

[img]http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5976/img0681copy.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

At least I remembered my hat. Cool

Cool as frak man,nice hat too!

Cool

Hypoxic
Sweeeeeet.
_____

a young tony curtis
I'm starting to think that any fans of the Donner universe who are expecting any nods,homages or music to be in MOS should maybe not go and watch the movie at all,as it wont have anything to do with previous movies,and may end up traumatizing those who cant seem to move on with things.

Maybe if Otis was in MOS as Zods butler,or as Mayor of Otisberg,this would be a nice nod to Donner kebab and would ease the pain of the 'against change' fans?

Or maybe Margot Kidder could play a librarian who works in the Smallville school library,(the iconic Williams theme music plays very quietly in the background,coming from a battered old radio on her desk),and she could be wearing a ribbon in her hair,and Lana can walk up and say "Hello Miss Layne",(because the librarian character would be called 'Miss Layne',tee hee,do you get it).

"That ribbon is lovely in your hair,but tell me Miss Layne...what color is it?"

"Why Miss Lang,it's 'pink' of course".

"Yes,of course,'pink',how silly of me,I just couldn't see there for a moment,anyway Miss Layne,I was wondering have you seen my friends Clark Kent and Scott Due,they were supposed to meet me here in the library?"

"Why yes Miss Lang,I did see Clark Kent about a minute ago(bear with me,it's coming),but he said he was late for an appointment,and flew out the window,but as for your other friend,he's a mystery to me,in fact Miss Lang,I'd go as far as to say that...You've got me....who's ScottDue?".

Grin

Aah I can see it now,the Reeve/Donner kebab fans will just love the nod to that movie.

a young tony curtis
After reading Steve's news article on the mysteries of the LL initials and characters(nice story by the way Steve),it made me think there could be a few more characters introduced into the wonderful world of Superman,so just for fun,I wrote some words down to do with these thoughts that I had had.

I'd like to see a new character created called Ling Ling,she could be a shadowy top assassin who sometimes works for Lex Luthor.

Maybe a character called Lilly Lolly,Jimmy Olsen's cute new ditzy girlfriend,who likes flowers and candy and has an uncanny ability to find herself in the middle of incidents and disasters.

Maybe an evil character called Laxs Loks(lacks locks),who is an evil bald mini me sized clone of Luthor that no one knew existed.

The character Laxs Loks could also be a bald murdering psychopathic Kryptonian mini me Zod clone,who's catchphrase would be."Lie Down Before Laxs!".he would get trapped in the phantom zone by Ell-El,but would eventually be released,as he was under the official ride height requirement for the zone,now freed from his prison,the psycho killer with powers equal to Krypto,goes on a revenge rampage against all remaining Kryptonians in the universe,and also seems to pick lots of fights with men who are taller and better looking than him.

Maybe a character called Ell-El(see above),who bravely managed to trap and imprison the crazy ass dwarf killer Laxs Loks on Krypton,(but I don't know the backstory on that one?).

Ell-El has got a little sister called Hell-El,who eventually turns on her hero big brother after he "accidentally" uploaded "those pictures",of her on Kryptonian facebook,after this,she slowly turns to the dark side,and betrays her family and Ell-El by first falling in love with Laxs Loks(after his release from the zone for health and safety reasons),and later leading them into a fatal kryptonite trap set up by herself her friend Faora and Laxs Loks.

Maybe a supervillain called Land Lock,don't have a backstory for him either?

Lisa Lush,would be an ex cheerleader turned MPD officer(Who turned her back on the cut throat world of cheering after the death of her Father in a pom pom related accident),who's incredible athletic ability is matched by her sharp detective's mind,her perfect police record and abilities don't go unnoticed,and she gets offered the chance to work for the science police.

My last new character would be called Lols Lots,she would be a fun and crazy new showbiz reporter at the Daily Planet,who turns out to be a sexy new supervillainess who looks like Felicia Hardy(Yes,she has Black Cat levels of hotness!),with the power of flight,super strength,buying expensive shoes and the ability to make anyone within 50 feet of her laugh out loud.

I wrote down these words for fun

Anyone else got any LL characters or stories?

Edited by a young tony curtis on 23/08/2012 14:50

a young tony curtis
Aw shucks,nobody wants to play!

boring

Sad

robojac
[img]http://www.soundtrack.net/img/album/8337.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.
^I just wanted to say that this came in my mail today.

It's pretty cool that my Smallville CD set happened to come in the mail on the same day as Christopher Reeve's 60th Birthday. It's also the same day of the Blu-Ray/DVD release for Marvel's The Avengers and TDKReturns Pt.1 animated movie. I know i'm being silly and it's all just a coincidence. Wink

Jump to Forum: