Superman Homepage » Television » Smallville
 Print Thread
Episode 18 Booster
DCFan9
So what did you guys think of this episode. I thought Booster Gold was perfect. I was hoping that ted and booster would steel j'onzz cookies but hey it still wasn't that bad. I was so hoping for the suit since they teased us with it the whole episode.
You were right all along. I am the villain of the story

Rod-El
i didn't think it was bad either. a little bit of a filler, a little bit of a main arch and clear push for the final transition. However, I think they are now just too easily falling into 'talk him out of it' trap. I felt that the ending of this episode and the previous one with Clark Luthor was somewhat similar. Also, when Clark 'changed' into his costume. You could so tell that it was him. They need to work a bit more on this. Also, I'm hoping that once he comes out to the public he will be wearing the costume. One thing that sort of bothers me is his comment on how he didn't want to go back to who he was in high school. Maybe it's just me, but I never saw him as this 'won't stand up for himself' guy in high school. The first few episodes of the series had some of that when he was tripping and stuff, but that was because Lana was wearing the kryptonite necklace. After that, i mean he was nowhere similar to blue beetle in this episode. I also enjoyed the "up, up and away" comment. Plus, i liked when Clark was talking to that CEO. I liked that stammering, unsure acting that Tom Welling pulled off. Shows how much depends not only on the actor, but also on the script.

seutonius
I enjoyed the episode, because you saw Clark Kent act like the Clark we all know, and you saw him be heroic when it mattered most. You also saw Clark inspire other heroes, rather than vice versa. This is what Smallville always should have been about. It's no more complicated than that.

Supereyes
...and the director, Tom Welling himself. Anyways, how many scenes were there with the Blur?

There's not much I can ask since we've read so many spoilers, so I needn't be spoiled any more. Visual effects? Clark super powers effects??

I completely forgot this episode aired, but anyways, I still can't see it from Hong Kong, I have to wait a few more days until it's online.

Now did the "Dominion" trailer show Clark in some black armor suit about to punch someone? I'd be mad if they're using the phantom zone as an excuse to take away Clark and Zod's powers, because I wanted to see them fight with powers, come on, just two punches delivered by both of them, then Clark mega punches Zod ending the fight, that's all I want to see.

I'll be mad if they don't get to eventually escape the phantom zone or stay in the phantom zone the entire time besdies, it makes Zod kind of lame, for ruleing at the zoners at phantom zone, but still not having any power over Earth.

Zod being powerless, is not the real Zod. In season 9, it was about how Major Zod became General Zod, and how he gradually got Clark's powers. Ultimately, the character, the villain we're talking about General Zod is a badass villain only if he's on Earth with powers and tries to destroy Earth and fight Superman. That's who General Zod is.
[img]http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t309/Supereyes/clois.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

~I look upon my powers as a gift...Not mine alone, but for anyone who needs them~
Superman: Peace on Earth

Click Here to see my Super Fan Art!:
http://groups.msn...lery2.msnw

DCFan9
[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_MFz0z7jVEKU/TCouVtfcY0I/AAAAAAAAAtc/1AKHQZVSkfM/s1600/76735-92144-blue-beetle_super.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

This is what I wanted to see lol

Supereyes
In my opinion though, Clark in high school was that kind of guy who wouldn't show himself to others, he would stay in the background and act clumsy because he was shy. Having friends such as Chloe and Pete, and Lana probably gained Clark's confidence.
[img]http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t309/Supereyes/clois.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

~I look upon my powers as a gift...Not mine alone, but for anyone who needs them~

Jonhou
One thing I didn't understand was how Booster Gold knew Clark was the Blur.

GeneralZod81
Wasn't bad, but a bit lame!!! Disappointed we got a filler episode because Smallville is going to end soon and they should have made a killer episode!! Booster's outfit reminded me too much of the Nuclear Man's outfit in Superman Four. Was disappointed when Clark was changing the telephone booth and came out with that Red S jacket. It's as if they're punting the game until the Series Finale.
KNEEL BEFORE GENERAL ZOD!!!!

The Man of Steel1265

>Jonhou wrote:

He's from the future.

Jonhou

>The Man of Steel1265 wrote:

>Jonhou wrote:

He's from the future.

...........and?

Supereyes
For f***'s sake, this show is about how Clark Kent becomes Superman, so of course the suit is meant to happen at the end. This show wasn't meant to show Superman, the reason why it's driven people nuts is because the producers could never decide when they were going to end the show, because it's been ten years now....but the fact is we're not supposed to see Superman in this show.

That red jacket was the closet thing we were ever going to get to seeing Superman. Don't be disapointed if we don't see Clark in the Superman suit. And why would he just suddenly be wearing it? The suit is incased in the Fortress.

On top of that, Clark CAN'T FLY.

And I bet people would have been mad if Clark just came to the rescue in the Superman suit all of a sudden, when he could have seasons ago, and they let him wear it now all of a sudden, people might have asked, "why now?"

This is why I have been arguing that we should be seeing more of Clark in the red jacket, because he almost looks like Superman in it, and I want to see that. But it doesn't look like we're seeing that in the next episode either.

But in this episode, when the Blur comes to the rescue, Clark looks really heroic in that outfit, and I like the lighting on his jacket, the red color is good, and of course that iconic S shield. And it's like a Superman show. If only they could have shown more of that!Angry

Despite that, this episode really was saved for Clark to come in and save the day. I liked this episode...but I have to say I don't think it would have mattered if Clark came to help Booster with Beetle after saving Kat, despite he would be revealing his identity, but the fact is, the three of them are heroes and should be a team.

Anyways, this was one of my favorite Geoff Johns episode. It looks like he didn't have that much trouble writing this episode. Episodes could be more super like this, but they're not. It's f***ing unortunate that this is Geoff's last, and he won't be writing another...

but aside from writing about Booster Gold and Blue Beetle, it seemed he took part in writing this episode especially about Clark, and about wrapping this season up. He didn't just write about the DC guest appearances. He wrote about the additional stuff that had bene occuring on Smallville.

Wish he could write episodes that have Zod in it, or any other Superman villain.

The only thing this episode needed was more of the Blur, and not just in the ending. This show is good without Chloe though, see?

Next episode looks like another one that will lack the red jacket which is what I want to see Clark wearing when fighting Zod.

Guess it's going to be another excuse kind of episode, where, because it's in the phantom zone, Clark will have to knife fight with Zod. That sucks.

But so far I've been enjoying the last three episodes. It's been going somewhere. I really want to be surprised by these last few episodes remaining. I want to see some cool things happen like, how Clark decides to do this, and that. How he progresses into becoming Superman....like how does he get the little curl? May be the only thing left they need to wrap up...and how he learns and decides to finally fly.

One thing they've accomplished so far is Clark developing his secret identity. These are steps towards becoming "the real Man of Steel."

I like the bumbling Clark Kent, but not this one so much. I prefer, the still confident Clark Kent, but clumsy, knocking off stuff or bumping into people, but NOT messing up in his speeches. "I"m Cla--Kent--Cla-Cla-Clark...er Ke-kent..Clark...uh Kent."

Not the Reeve I remmebered, just knocking stuff off the table and always pushing Lois by an accident, which made me laugh.

This one gets a 4 of 5 from me. Only thing I think it needed was more Blur. There was enough of the (new) Clark Kent, but it needed more of the alter ego. That's what makes a Superman show!

The Red-Blue Blur
This episode was pretty good... There were PLENTY of scenes however which reminded me of the tackyness which is Lois & Clark from the 90's. I like this take on Booster a ton. It's the most down to earth take yet. Blue Beetle's suit didn't look as bad as I thought it would. I think there was waayy too much inspiration for the suit from Iron Man though.

However, I kept asking myself this throughout the whole episode... Who the **** is the villain? It seemed as if they were trying to display the villain to be Ted Kord or Booster yet they're both heroes as we all know... I'm still waiting for a few big Darkseid moments along with some more Lionel. Remember a few episodes back, they teamed up at the end of an episode? What the **** happened to that? And how come Superboy can go off on his own so quickly without Clark's guidance?

The Lex teaser was fantastic which is why I would like to see some more scenes teasing at his return. Anyway...

I'd give it a 4/5.

addar

>Jonhou wrote:

>Jonhou wrote:

He's from the future.

...........and?

Ur kidding right he is from the future so he knew who Clark is as to him it is all History................self explanatory really
In the sunshine state in Australia

AKalel
Actually its probably not the sake of him knowing cause it's history but in some versions of the mythos both were parts of the Justice League so its most likely that cause if it was history it would not make any sense since anyone with time travel tech could go back and either kill CLark when his powers were developing or someone he cares about.

The Man of Steel1265

>Jonhou wrote:

>Jonhou wrote:

He's from the future.

...........and?

Booster's from the same timeline as the Legion of Superheroes. From what I understand, there's history files on Clark's life in the 31st Century. Superman also happens to be the most celebrated historic figure in the future.

TheSuperman
there was redeemable qualities about this episode, i fell asleep during the first viewing, other factors contributed to that though, not just smallvilles horrid writing. I finished watching it today and actually liked how it all unfolded. The hug between BB and BG was terribly forced and ruined what was a decent moment. im really tired of the red jacket, the suit needs to happen, and now. not in the last 2 seconds of the finale.

i still think they should never have pursued including BG in the final season, but it was a decent episode in the end...
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,

that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

Leviticus 18-22 remember it.

MajorZod
I think that it was a little to much and beatle was to cyborg for me I mean come on
All Hail Zod

Superboy404
ya but beatle looked pretty bad in that costume
Super Boy

Marc Pritchard
Hi folks. I've just joined up to fill in the gap left by Julian Finn, who unfortunately had to give up his reviewership for personal reasons. Anyway, see my review of "Booster" here: http://www.superm...ep18#marc.

Steve will announce me when he posts my "Dominion" review (to be filed later today) but figured it was worth pointing out on this thread, given especially that really we've moved on from "Booster" at this point.

Happy to respond to any feedback.

Best,
Marc Pritchard (aka One Earther)
Up, up . . . and omigod don't look down!

Jump to Forum: