Christopher reeve

George reeves

Dean cain

Tom welling

Brandon routh

Kirk alyn

Jeff east

---------------------------------------------

I think Dean Cain's Clark Kent is the best Clark Kent.

Edited by JR1989 on 20/06/2011 14:01

Whogaman
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_YcsRkF6yBLI/SwLD3FLH61I/AAAAAAAAIHs/K2_D7y2xihM/s320/george+reeves+clark+kent.gif[/img] is not a valid Image. George Reeves

I know that he might not be the choice of a lot of people, but I think that Reeves' Clark Kent struck the right tone and balance that made Clark Kent an "ace reporter". This was true in the first and second seasons of "the Adventures of Superman". Although He played both Clark and Superman similarly, Reeves' Clark Kent had that air of confidence and humor that made TAOS's first two seasons memorable.

Peace Whoga
[img]https://scontent-b-pao.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/v/1543679_624694037566834_909789152_n.jpg?oh=448b277b52c10f94d290f54275a18dc1&oe=52D8C0FD[/img]=====================================
"Like the only real magic -- The magic of knowledge."

Lois
Christopher Reeve for me is the best Clark Kent . Smile
Read my mind.

jonespaker
I love Lois and he is actually my favorite super hero in Smallville tv show.

JR1989

>jonespaker wrote:

I love Lois and he is actually my favorite super hero in Smallville tv show.

Tom welling
"You will give the people of earth an Ideal to strive towards, they'll race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall but in time they will join you in the sun, in time you will help them accomplish wonders"

Fulcon
Christopher Reeve. Followed by Brandon Routh.
You know, the reason I like Superman is because he is an unabashed good guy, not this angsting dude with an anguished past who kills people while angsting.

It's time to show people why Light and Bright Heroes are awesome again.

----------

Your mission: Draw a picture of a crossover between the cast of Superman: Returns and the cast of Smallville.

How would the two cast's interact?

PM me when you have succeeded.

NeoRanger
It's a tie between George and Dean.

The Man of Steel1265
Dean Cain gave Clark a lot of personality.

Zod Lombard
Christopher Reeve. George Reeves would be No. 2.
Superman vs. Darkseid
http://www.youtub...zFsxSH8fUA

Lois

>Fulcon wrote:

Christopher Reeve. Followed by Brandon Routh.

My vote too.

We might have to add Henry Cavill pretty soon. Wink
Read my mind.

tnekkralc
Christopher Reeve first. Dean Cain second. Tom Welling third.

I thought Dean Cain wasn't a very Superman though, but this thread is about Clark so it doesn't matter! haha

Hypoxic
It's premature to add Cavill to the list. We haven't even seen him in the role yet.

This is a rather tough one for me. I love Reeve's take on the character and the subtle strength he added to Clark's "vulnerability." Just the same, I think Kirk Alyn was the first to do this and he did a damn good job.

I find it easier to choose the Clark I don't like, and that's Reeves.

I like the gentleness that Cain brought to the character but he made the same mistake Reeves did with the character: not play him much different from Superman.

My dislike for Smallville aside, I don't think Welling is eligible for the list since much of what makes Clark interesting and the success of playing the role noticeable is the contrast between Clark and Superman. Since Welling never showed us Superman (he didn't in the finale either, admit it), I can't make an assumption for him (my distaste for him as an actor remains though).

So, it's a toss up between Reeve and Alyn. Can you mark one point for each? Wink
Easy, miss. I've got you.
_____

Get away from me, padre. You reek of the irrational. - Lex Luthor

JR1989

>Hypoxic wrote:

It's premature to add Cavill to the list. We haven't even seen him in the role yet.

This is a rather tough one for me. I love Reeve's take on the character and the subtle strength he added to Clark's "vulnerability." Just the same, I think Kirk Alyn was the first to do this and he did a damn good job.

I like the gentleness that Cain brought to the character but he made the same mistake Reeves did with the character: not play him much different from Superman.

My dislike for Smallville aside, I don't think Welling is eligible for the list since much of what makes Clark interesting and the success of playing the role noticeable is the contrast between Clark and Superman. Since Welling never showed us Superman (he didn't in the finale either, admit it), I can't make an assumption for him (my distaste for him as an actor remains though).

So, it's a toss up between Reeve and Alyn. Can you mark one point for each? Wink

Done.Smile

I've taken Henry cavill of the list, I will add him again after man of steel.
"You will give the people of earth an Ideal to strive towards, they'll race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall but in time they will join you in the sun, in time you will help them accomplish wonders"

Hypoxic

>JR1989 wrote:

>Hypoxic wrote:

Done.Smile

I've taken Henry cavill of the list, I will add him again after man of steel.

Beauty.
_____

smallville92
tom welling is the best Clark Kent .

robert morrison
Christopher Reeve
"People are afraid of what they don't understand" - Jonathan Kent
[img]http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b496/RobzHere/pakent_zpsd2408dda.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

dreman450
Tom Welling folowed by Christopher Reeves followed by Dean Cain

Hypoxic
How about some reasons why you like a certain actor's portrayal?
_____

a young tony curtis
When Christopher Reeve is not being over the top with the bumbling/awkward and cheesy portrayal of Clark, in certain scenes and times in the movies (which I always thought would draw unwanted attention to himself?),then he would be my first choice.

Close second would be Dean Cain,I liked the fact that he was respected in general,at work or socially and he was not looked upon as being a bit dorky by anyone who met him(Lois did early on in the show),he also had quite a lot of female attention as Clark throughout the whole show,this happened in front of Lois most of the time and it would always make her a bit jealous.
My slight problem was the way he gains instant respect from Lex,talking about ancient weaponry in episode 1 or 2? That was a mistake imo to have him and Lex being almost too competitive,trying to both win Lois,and Clark being a bit too cool,capable and clever.
He would have been on Lex's radar from that first meeting.
This then has the down side of him not being different enough from the way he played Superman.

Third is Brandon Routh,but lack of screen time as Clark in Returns means I cant place him higher in my list.
Who knows how good his Clark might have been if he had more screen time with a better script and more his own take on Clark.

Fourth is Tom Welling for me,I enjoyed his take on a young Clark Kent earlier in the show,but I feel he cannot be compared with the other actors who have played Clark Kent.

The reason for this is that he never played the full role of Superman and Clark at the same time,and the blur role does not compare with a fully revealed Metropolis Superman character who the whole world see's and hears.(unlike the blur ).

Having not yet seen enough of Kirk Alyn and George Reeves performances of Clark to be able to make a fair judgement,I will leave them off my list for now,and will try to catch up when I can.

And if my gut feeling is right,I think I may be adding Henry Cavill to the top of the list come January 2013

Edited by a young tony curtis on 20/06/2011 14:01

Fulcon
Ultimately, I feel like Chris did the right thing in making Clark a dork. In making him a dork he created a set of expectations for Clark, and gave Superman a different set of expectations. This made for a hard connection to make for human nature.

Ergo, as long Clark doesn't become world famous for some reason and as long as he isn't flying around as 'Clark', his secret will be safe forever.
You know, the reason I like Superman is because he is an unabashed good guy, not this angsting dude with an anguished past who kills people while angsting.

It's time to show people why Light and Bright Heroes are awesome again.

----------

Your mission: Draw a picture of a crossover between the cast of Superman: Returns and the cast of Smallville.

How would the two cast's interact?

PM me when you have succeeded.

Jump to Forum: