Print Thread
SUPERMAN v BATMAN 2012-13 who will make the most $$$ ?
Lex Vader
Based on who's working on it, or rather who's not working on it, I think the 300 sequel will bomb big time. I don't think anybody knows why the first one did so well.

I assume The Dark Knight Rises and Begins and Ends will make money, but definately not as much as The Dark Knight. It doesn't have the Joker, it doesn't look very good, it has a lazy-looking Catwoman in it, and it doesn't have hundreds of local news channels running ads for it in the form of obituaries for Heath Ledger. Sorry, but that was a huge part of the previous film's success. That and the Joker. If you go see a Batman movie, you go see one where the villain is the arch-nemesis and very obviously marketed. But Razzle Ghoul and Bane? Who the hell are they to the general public?

Man of Steel, I have absolutely no idea. I have no idea how or why or when a Superman movie would be successful. I have no idea what an audience wants out of it. I have no idea if people really like Superman or if they just say they do. Like, you know, people love Mickey Mouse, but how many of them would actually go see a Mickey Mouse movie? Superman Returns made a lot of money. It just cost too much to make, so the profit wasn't "enough."

The trailer better have a lot of action in it, that's all I can say. Batman unfortunately can look cool just by perching somewhere and doing absolutely nothing. Superman can't. And screw what the Bronze Age said - he should be juggling planets. Because punching people ain't enough. The Matrix already did that. Also, he should fight a giant robot.

MorganEdge

>Hypoxic wrote:

>MorganEdge wrote:

b ) The main villains in TDK (TwoFace and Joker) are much more popular than the sequel's (Catwoman and Bane).

I don't think Harvey is more popular than Selina.

Even so, the Joker is still a bigger draw than Catwoman and Bane put together.

>Lex Vader wrote:

The trailer better have a lot of action in it, that's all I can say. Batman unfortunately can look cool just by perching somewhere and doing absolutely nothing. Superman can't. And screw what the Bronze Age said - he should be juggling planets. Because punching people ain't enough. The Matrix already did that. Also, he should fight a giant robot.

Although the juggling planets would be way too much in my arrogant opinion, I agree with the giant robot part.... he should be letting it rip against something in the league of King Kong or Godzill

Hypoxic

>MorganEdge wrote:

>Hypoxic wrote:

>MorganEdge wrote:

b ) The main villains in TDK (TwoFace and Joker) are much more popular than the sequel's (Catwoman and Bane).

This is true. I, for one, don't care much for Catwoman. To make things personally worse, I don't like Ann Hathaway either...
Easy, miss. I've got you.
_____

Get away from me, padre. You reek of the irrational. - Lex Luthor

A6K

>Hypoxic wrote:

>MorganEdge wrote:

>Hypoxic wrote:

>MorganEdge wrote:

This is true. I, for one, don't care much for Catwoman. To make things personally worse, I don't like Ann Hathaway either...

I know right, ole Mouse face is an attractive lady but not "sexy." A characteristic that I think that Catwoman should be oozing with. She doesn't have to show off her boobs or cookie, but be very sexy. Something Mouse face isn't, she also doesn't have the body type I think of when I think Catwoman.

I like the character Catwoman and as much as I think she should be very sexual, she doesn't need a suit unzipped half way to do that.

Jump to Forum: