Print Thread
Amy Adams is Lois Lane
truemiracle12

>robert morrison wrote:

>truemiracle12 wrote:

Just like I was hoping, Amy Adams's Lois Lane will be rocking red hair. I'm really glad they went this direction, besides, it isn't just her looks that make the character, it's her tenacity and her sheer passion for getting her job done. Things are definitely shaping up nicely! Wink
[img]http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/images1/ajul11/admass/images/image0002.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

There's also a video up of her filming a scene at that Seven Eleven Gas Station.
http://movies.cos...-adams-set

wow,shes hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wonder why lois is in smallville?, maybe shes just passing thru, then theres a tornado while shes a ihop

Yeah, I wonder what she'll be doing in Smallville too. Maybe it's part of a story she's doing for the Planet?

Hypoxic

>Lex Vader wrote:

You're right. Maybe she will ACT like she has darker hair. Let's all shut up for two years now and wait to find out. Ready? Go!

Good. I'm glad that's over for two years.
Easy, miss. I've got you.
_____

Get away from me, padre. You reek of the irrational. - Lex Luthor

suttie7

>Hypoxic wrote:

>Lex Vader wrote:

You're right. Maybe she will ACT like she has darker hair. Let's all shut up for two years now and wait to find out. Ready? Go!

Good. I'm glad that's over for two years.

haha Smile Case closed it seems Smile
His name is Kal-El. He will call himself Clark Kent, but the world will know him as Superman.

Superman8

>truemiracle12 wrote:

>Saint Expeditus wrote:

>truemiracle12 wrote:

Just like I was hoping, Amy Adams's Lois Lane will be rocking red hair. I'm really glad they went this direction, besides, it isn't just her looks that make the character, it's her tenacity and her sheer passion for getting her job done. Things are definitely shaping up nicely! Wink
[img]http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/images1/ajul11/admass/images/image0002.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

There's also a video up of her filming a scene at that Seven Eleven Gas Station.
http://movies.cos...-adams-set

Why were you hoping that she would keep the hair? I hope this is some sort of mis-direction and she is playing Lana. (not the case I am sure)

I've always preferred Lois with Red-Auburn hair. I'm probably in the minority but I couldn't care less. Besides, in the comics she hasn't always had dark hair. It's not written in stone or anything that her hair must be a certain color. Lois Lane had red hair during John Byrne's run and even into The Death of Superman. And that's what I was introduced to Superman with, so I guess I may be a little biased. Anyway, this makes me even more excited for Man of Steel! Grin

Well if you're in the minority, i'm right there w ya brotha. My thoughts exactly about the Death of Superman Lois, that's the Lois i prefer and think of when i picture her. I really don't think the hair should or will be a problem. Amy Adams has the acting chops to do it, its all up to the writing and direction now.
"For this reason above all, their capacity for good, i have sent them you, my only son."

Jor-El

sandman1347
Oh well. You can't always have it your way. This confirms my suspicion that they have gone in strange direction with Lois for these films. Could be worse I guess.

She does look beautiful in that picture and she is a very good actress. I'm willing to give her a shot. Can't help but wish that they had gone with a younger brunette with a little more pigmentation though.

a young tony curtis

>sandman1347 wrote:

Oh well. You can't always have it your way. This confirms my suspicion that they have gone in strange direction with Lois for these films. Could be worse I guess.

She does look beautiful in that picture and she is a very good actress. I'm willing to give her a shot. Can't help but wish that they had gone with a younger brunette with a little more pigmentation though.

Younger brunette,more pigment...

[img]http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i412/joepatz/images17.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

It does tick all your boxes..?

Grin

sandman1347

>a young tony curtis wrote:

>sandman1347 wrote:

Younger brunette,more pigment...

[img]http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i412/joepatz/images17.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

It does tick all your boxes..?

Grin

LOL. Funny, but no. I don't think the world is ready to see Superman dating a drag queen (though it might help explain the cape and tights)Wink.

DaveKent
I had a different actress in mind, but now I kinda like the level of anticipation and mystery that comes along with Amy Adams and her portrayal of Lois. I like not knowing what I'm gonna get.

I may be one of the few on this site that prefers a softer, pleasant, more likable Lois Lane as apposed to the more harsh and aggressive Erica Durance. I know it sounds like I don't understand the character of Lois Lane, but I just don't think her brash qualities translate very well to the screen. She just becomes rude and abrasive. Not the kind of girl you want Superman with.

That's my opinion though. And I admit that it is heavily influenced by my own taste in women.
Batman isn't immune to Kryptonite bullets.

Man of Molybdenum
My choice was Carla Gugino, but most people probably think she is too long in the tooth (fine from where I'm standing). Anyhow, love Amy Adams, so I'm cool with her.

NeoRanger
Carla is a competent actress and an extremely beautiful woman, but she shows her age. Adams has softer features and movie magic has a better chance of masking it..

Project 86
while i love Amy for the role Olivia Wilde would of been a solid choice she is also same age and henry Cavill but amy is a superior actress
[img]http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnmb7lyEQg1qawetco1_500.png[/img] is not a valid Image.
[img]http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/21200000/Olivia-Wilde-as-Sabrina-in-The-Change-Up-olivia-wilde-21284433-510-280.gif[/img] is not a valid Image.
[img]http://www.flicksandbits.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/olivia-wilde-sabrina-2.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.
[img]http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lg3uvhXcr21qetffco1_500.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

Edited by Project 86 on 28/08/2011 17:06

a young tony curtis
More Olivia pics on page 3 of this thread!

She is a sexy Lo Lo for sure,but Amy is gonna own the role,and is hot too!

lisagslack14

>Fulcon wrote:

It's been announced? Seriously!

HOT DANG! That was my pick for the role!

Imma go update the thread of actors and actresses now.

I am so happy that they casted the person you wanted for the part.

I am also happy that they picked her as well.

Humbleme

>DaveKent wrote:

I had a different actress in mind, but now I kinda like the level of anticipation and mystery that comes along with Amy Adams and her portrayal of Lois. I like not knowing what I'm gonna get.

I'm thinking that this is the point. To get away from 'same ol' superman' in just about every way possible, while still keeping the parts that are actually important. Basically, the same thing they did with Batman.
"Pride goeth before a fall..."

a young tony curtis
So can anyone confirm whether Amy Adams has actually filmed any scenes yet in the movie?

There were the photos of her and short vid clip at the garage,or petrol station in Smallville,but I haven't seen her in any other Smallville scenes?

The reason I ask this is because there are rumours that she hasn't yet shot a scene as Lois,and that she is going to have dark hair by the time she shoots her first scene in Metropolis(Chicago) starting today or tomorrow?

Is the rumour true?,will we see a darker haired Amy in the next day or so,or is it all BS?...

a young tony curtis

>Humbleme wrote:

>DaveKent wrote:

I'm thinking that this is the point. To get away from 'same ol' superman' in just about every way possible,while still keeping the parts that are actually important. Basically, the same thing they did with Batman.

Humbleme I think you've hit the nail on the head with that man,it's not just a modern realistic take on Supes,cus that would still contain the same looking characters in the same over used environments saying the same over used lines,they are breaking with the expected norm of the characters looks,the suit,origins and I'd expect a hell of a lot more that we obviously haven't seen yet in a live action version of Superman.

And the darker haired Amy hasn't materialized,and you know what,I don't mind.

baalroo
Honestly, I have a hard time even reading the posts in this thread. The conversation overall just seems completely ridiculous. It's just a movie, and as long as the feel and basic mythos are there, I just can't see what the big deal is if Lois's hair is the wrong color or if she's a little older or younger than one might expect. What does that crap have to do with the character? Even if the character is different, what does it really matter? It's not like DC has a history of being even CLOSE to accurate with their film adaptations. Just look at all the liberty taken with the Batman movies, or how UN-Green Lantern-y the Green Lantern movie was.

I'm just hoping for a fun and engaging film, all the fanboy crap generally just bugs me anyway. If anyone says "it's a bird, it's a plane" or "up up and away" in the film it will instantly ruin the next 5-10 minutes for me... and any other slavish devotion to fanboy culture (such as hiring an actress based on hair color) is just as annoying.

As long as Lois is brash, smart as a whip, and as courageous as Superman but without the superpowers... I'll be happy. Heck, they could hire a half asian/half african woman to play lois, and if she played the part well I'd be cool with that too.

People just need to relax a bit about such trivialities.

lee432
My problem with Amy is that every photo I see of her on the Superman set, it looks as if she hasn't been to hair, makeup, and wardrobe. It looks like she is just visiting the set in her street clothes.

a young tony curtis

>baalroo wrote:

Honestly, I have a hard time even reading the posts in this thread. The conversation overall just seems completely ridiculous. It's just a movie, and as long as the feel and basic mythos are there, I just can't see what the big deal is if Lois's hair is the wrong color or if she's a little older or younger than one might expect. What does that crap have to do with the character? Even if the character is different, what does it really matter? It's not like DC has a history of being even CLOSE to accurate with their film adaptations. Just look at all the liberty taken with the Batman movies, or how UN-Green Lantern-y the Green Lantern movie was.

I'm just hoping for a fun and engaging film, all the fanboy crap generally just bugs me anyway. If anyone says "it's a bird, it's a plane" or "up up and away" in the film it will instantly ruin the next 5-10 minutes for me... and any other slavish devotion to fanboy culture (such as hiring an actress based on hair color) is just as annoying.

As long as Lois is brash, smart as a whip, and as courageous as Superman but without the superpowers... I'll be happy. Heck, they could hire a half asian/half african woman to play lois, and if she played the part well I'd be cool with that too.

People just need to relax a bit about such trivialities.

Exactly,it's the way that Amy Adams plays Lois that counts.

a young tony curtis

>lee432 wrote:

My problem with Amy is that every photo I see of her on the Superman set, it looks as if she hasn't been to hair, makeup, and wardrobe. It looks like she is just visiting the set in her street clothes.

Maybe thats the look they are going for,if she is in Alaska for instance,maybe she needs to look normal and relaxed,as appose to what she may look like when we see her in Metropolis clothes make up etc.

Jump to Forum: