Print Thread
Amy Adams is Lois Lane
superking

>sandman1347 wrote:

>Lex Vader wrote:

All I'm saying is, I want to say, "Wow! That's amazing! That's perfect! That's Lois Lane!" instead of "Wow... she'll probably look better with dyed hair and lots of makeup." That's just no fun. Perfect casting is a rare joy, and to get only one or two of those in a film is disappointing.

We're in the minority in this forum but I agree with your assessment. Amy Adams is an impressive actress but for the role of Lois Lane, she has been mis-cast. She doesn't look the part, she's almost a decade older than the guy who's playing Superman and she has never played a character that makes me think that Lois is up her alley.

For those who ask who I'd rather see in the role, I'll throw three names out there. Rachel McAdams, Emily Blunt and Gemma Arterton. All three are talented, sexy brunettes who are in Henry's age group. There are others too if I wanted to spend some time searching. The point is that they missed the mark with Adams and it's kind of a disappointment.
Dude i agree with you on McCadams...she would have ticked all the boxes, emily blunt is really another adams only younger looks wise, you sure shes brunette.

sbeamish

>A6K wrote:

Yeah I gotcha' but it's just doing this over and over: I don't like her she's too old, Yeah but she doesn't look it, Yes she does I should know look at this picture, well look at this other picture she's hot, well your dumb, no your dumb, well who do you suggest, I don't know, your dumb, no your dumb and she's too old, Yeah but she doesn't look it, Yes she does I should know......so on and so on.

I know it's a discussion board but when an adminstrater says cool it, it's because someone is on that line. And this Lex guy is getting pretty frustrated with it and I just don't see a need to keep pushing a point when there is no point. I'd rather prove we can get along and have a conversation and come to an understanding than prove someone wrong out of spite.

Oh, man, just wait until the movie comes out. You weren't here for the endless, circular arguments over Superman Returns. (Some of them still pop up from time to time.)

I don't think that Lex is all that frustrated. He knows the drill. Around here you're pretty much always going to find people who'll passionately love, and others who passionately hate, any major Superman project (see Smallville).

Fasten your seat belt. You know what kind of ride it's going to be.

Saint Expeditus
In reference to the Rachel McAdams, Emily Blunt and Gemma Arterton triumvirate, GA sort of looks the part, but I couldn't make a case that she was accomplished. Frankly, I think she looks a little young.

Emily Blunt to my eye would be terrible in that she is brunette but fails on every other test. McAdams... ok, I could see it.

Among that group, I think I take Amy with a good die job. (she is also short enough to make Henry look tall)

On screen, with good make up I think she will be fine. Hopefully the rest of the movie be good.

sandman1347

>superking wrote:

>sandman1347 wrote:

>Lex Vader wrote:

All I'm saying is, I want to say, "Wow! That's amazing! That's perfect! That's Lois Lane!" instead of "Wow... she'll probably look better with dyed hair and lots of makeup." That's just no fun. Perfect casting is a rare joy, and to get only one or two of those in a film is disappointing.

We're in the minority in this forum but I agree with your assessment. Amy Adams is an impressive actress but for the role of Lois Lane, she has been mis-cast. She doesn't look the part, she's almost a decade older than the guy who's playing Superman and she has never played a character that makes me think that Lois is up her alley.

For those who ask who I'd rather see in the role, I'll throw three names out there. Rachel McAdams, Emily Blunt and Gemma Arterton. All three are talented, sexy brunettes who are in Henry's age group. There are others too if I wanted to spend some time searching. The point is that they missed the mark with Adams and it's kind of a disappointment.
Dude i agree with you on McCadams...she would have ticked all the boxes, emily blunt is really another adams only younger looks wise, you sure shes brunette.

Emily Blunt isn't just younger looks wise. She was born in 1983 like Henry. They're both 9 years younger than Amy. Really, I think McAdams would be a slam dunk looks-wise and she can do pushy and aggressive fairly well. Gemma Arterton is perhaps a more obscure choice but if you look at the film roles she has done, she really has shown great range in a very short period of time. Not sure how good her American accent is though.

sandman1347

>Saint Expeditus wrote:

In reference to the Rachel McAdams, Emily Blunt and Gemma Arterton triumvirate, GA sort of looks the part, but I couldn't make a case that she was accomplished. Frankly, I think she looks a little young.

Emily Blunt to my eye would be terrible in that she is brunette but fails on every other test. McAdams... ok, I could see it.

Among that group, I think I take Amy with a good die job. (she is also short enough to make Henry look tall)

On screen, with good make up I think she will be fine. Hopefully the rest of the movie be good.

I'm not sure why you think the actress who plays Lois has to be "accomplished" (by accomplished, I'm assuming you are refering to Amy's Oscar nominations). In my opinion, they have chosen to go with a little-known actor to play Superman so they don't need an established Oscar winner to play Lois Lane. I think they would be better served to go with someone young and promising (just like they did with Henry).

Emily Blunt has won a Golden Globe and been nominated for 2 others if you're into that sort of thing. She is also not the ideal fit looks-wise but clearly has talent. If you want to go with a really good actrss regardless of how close her natural look is to Lois, Blunt would be a better choice because her age is the same as Henry's.

Rachel McAdams has all of the boxes ticked. She's beautiful, she's brunette, she's American (Canadian to be specific but you get the point) and she's a very talented actress. Pretty much has Adams beat on alll angles and she's 5 years younger than her too.

Gemma is a reletively new face but she has shown that she can do a variety of different roles and do them well. She was a bond girl and then she did some other big budget films. She has also done some interesting smaller films like Saint Trinian's and The Disappearance of Alice Creed. I think she has potential and is in a similar place in her career to Cavill.

Amy Adams is a tremendous actress but she is in a different place in her life and in her career to Henry Cavill and I think it's going to show on screen.

Saint Expeditus

>sandman1347 wrote:

>Saint Expeditus wrote:

I'm not sure why you think the actress who plays Lois has to be "accomplished" (by accomplished, I'm assuming you are refering to Amy's Oscar nominations). In my opinion, they have chosen to go with a little-known actor to play Superman so they don't need an established Oscar winner to play Lois Lane. I think they would be better served to go with someone young and promising (just like they did with Henry).

Emily Blunt has won a Golden Globe and been nominated for 2 others if you're into that sort of thing. She is also not the ideal fit looks-wise but clearly has talent. If you want to go with a really good actrss regardless of how close her natural look is to Lois, Blunt would be a better choice because her age is the same as Henry's.

Rachel McAdams has all of the boxes ticked. She's beautiful, she's brunette, she's American (Canadian to be specific but you get the point) and she's a very talented actress. Pretty much has Adams beat on alll angles and she's 5 years younger than her too.

Gemma is a reletively new face but she has shown that she can do a variety of different roles and do them well. She was a bond girl and then she did some other big budget films. She has also done some interesting smaller films like Saint Trinian's and The Disappearance of Alice Creed. I think she has potential and is in a similar place in her career to Cavill.

Amy Adams is a tremendous actress but she is in a different place in her life and in her career to Henry Cavill and I think it's going to show on screen.

By accomplished, I meant demonstrated track record of being a good actress while also being cosmetically attractive in a general consensus kind of way. It shouldn't be one or the other. Ms. Blunt isn't ugly but she isn't exactly the prettiest girl at the dance, regardless of age I think Amy beats her in the look category.

Gemma is smoking; but the two roles I have seen her in (solace and prince) don't place her above "just a pretty face" in my book.

To take a step back I think everyone can agree that the age thing with Amy isn't ideal. She is however empirically attractive AND a good actress. If you want a great movie, acting ability should trump look every time. (of course both is better) Was she the very best choice? Maybe not. Is she better than most? I think so.

We don't live in a perfect world so you take what you can get. There are bigger things to worry about with this movie that Amy Adams.

Lex Vader
See, I don't even want to know who these actresses are. If I look them up, it'll just piss me off even more that Pam Halpert is in the movie instead. I'm not excited about the choice, but I don't need to turn into one of these crazies who'll hate every Superman movie because Tom Welling's fat head isn't in it.

Saint Expeditus

>Lex Vader wrote:

See, I don't even want to know who these actresses are. If I look them up, it'll just piss me off even more that Pam Halpert is in the movie instead. I'm not excited about the choice, but I don't need to turn into one of these crazies who'll hate every Superman movie because Tom Welling's fat head isn't in it.

I don't understand this post.

NeoRanger

>Lex Vader wrote:

it'll just piss me off even more that Pam Halpert is in the movie instead

Heh, coincidentally Amy Adams played Jim's girlfriend for a couple of episode early on in the show.

truemiracle12
Just like I was hoping, Amy Adams's Lois Lane will be rocking red hair. I'm really glad they went this direction, besides, it isn't just her looks that make the character, it's her tenacity and her sheer passion for getting her job done. Things are definitely shaping up nicely! Wink
[img]http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/images1/ajul11/admass/images/image0002.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

There's also a video up of her filming a scene at that Seven Eleven Gas Station.
http://movies.cos...-adams-set

Saint Expeditus

>truemiracle12 wrote:

Just like I was hoping, Amy Adams's Lois Lane will be rocking red hair. I'm really glad they went this direction, besides, it isn't just her looks that make the character, it's her tenacity and her sheer passion for getting her job done. Things are definitely shaping up nicely! Wink
[img]http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/images1/ajul11/admass/images/image0002.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

There's also a video up of her filming a scene at that Seven Eleven Gas Station.

Why were you hoping that she would keep the hair? I hope this is some sort of mis-direction and she is playing Lana. (not the case I am sure)

truemiracle12

>Saint Expeditus wrote:

>truemiracle12 wrote:

Why were you hoping that she would keep the hair? I hope this is some sort of mis-direction and she is playing Lana. (not the case I am sure)

I've always preferred Lois with Red-Auburn hair. I'm probably in the minority but I couldn't care less. Besides, in the comics she hasn't always had dark hair. It's not written in stone or anything that her hair must be a certain color. Lois Lane had red hair during John Byrne's run and even into The Death of Superman. And that's what I was introduced to Superman with, so I guess I may be a little biased. Anyway, this makes me even more excited for Man of Steel! Grin

A6K

>truemiracle12 wrote:

>Saint Expeditus wrote:

>truemiracle12 wrote:

I've always preferred Lois with Red-Auburn hair. I'm probably in the minority but I couldn't care less. Besides, in the comics she hasn't always had dark hair. It's not written in stone or anything that her hair must be a certain color. Lois Lane had red hair during John Byrne's run and even into The Death of Superman. And that's what I was introduced to Superman with, so I guess I may be a little biased. Anyway, this makes me even more excited for Man of Steel! Grin

Yeah it was Red a few years before that wasn't it? Then when the Return of Superman story line was over it was black again, right?

Lex Vader
besides, it isn't just her looks that make the character

But it is ALSO her looks, or in this case, not her looks at all. Lois Lane is now cosplaying as Amy Adams. Weird, I never thought Amy Adams was that popular in fictional universes. Guess this is part of the brilliant twist Goyer came up with. I bet Zod likes to cosplay as Michael Shannon.

A6K

>Lex Vader wrote:

But it is ALSO her looks, or in this case, not her looks at all. Lois Lane is now cosplaying as Amy Adams. Weird, I never thought Amy Adams was that popular in fictional universes. Guess this is part of the brilliant twist Goyer came up with. I bet Zod likes to cosplay as Michael Shannon.

Superman - "Who are you?"

Zod - "Damn it son of Jor-el I'm Michael Shannon, Michael F'N Shannon!"

Superman has no responce only looks baffeled

Zod - "Michael Shannon, Board Walk Empire......Vanilla Sky.........Damn and I spend like all night making this costume. You realy don't think I look like him?"

Hypoxic

>Lex Vader wrote:

[img]http://www.wigginsmarketing.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/rolls-eyes.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

Anyway, I admit I was initially thinking her hair would be dyed, but it's a non-issue either way.
Easy, miss. I've got you.
_____

Get away from me, padre. You reek of the irrational. - Lex Luthor

robert morrison

>truemiracle12 wrote:

wow,shes hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wonder why lois is in smallville?, maybe shes just passing thru, then theres a tornado while shes a ihop
"People are afraid of what they don't understand" - Jonathan Kent
[img]http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b496/RobzHere/pakent_zpsd2408dda.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

robert morrison
AMY ADAMS IS LOIS LANE, if you're not going to give her a chance as lois then you are not a real superman fan, when superman the movie came out did you give christopher reeve a chance? ,did you give margot kidder a chance?
YOU CAN'T JUDGE AMY ADAMS AS LOIS LANE UNTIL YOU HAVE SEEN THE MOVIE
"People are afraid of what they don't understand" - Jonathan Kent
[img]http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b496/RobzHere/pakent_zpsd2408dda.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

Saint Expeditus

>robert morrison wrote:

AMY ADAMS IS LOIS LANE, if you're not going to give her a chance as lois then you are not a real superman fan, when superman the movie came out did you give christopher reeve a chance? ,did you give margot kidder a chance?
YOU CAN'T JUDGE AMY ADAMS AS LOIS LANE UNTIL YOU HAVE SEEN THE MOVIE

I don't quite follow your logic. I suppose people gave Reeve a chance because he, ya know, looked like Superman.

I haven't heard anyone say they aren't giving her a chance, I have heard people say they are disappointed with her age and hair color.

I am not really excited about an auburn haired Lois. I didn't like it when Byrne did it, I don't care for it now. It has nothing to do with my Superman fan status.

Lex Vader
You're right. Maybe she will ACT like she has darker hair. Let's all shut up for two years now and wait to find out. Ready? Go!

Jump to Forum: