Print Thread
Amy Adams is Lois Lane
Lex Vader
[img]http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx12/Lex_Vader/cavill-eyes.png[/img] is not a valid Image.
Oh my God. No. What a hideous monster. Someone kill it with a shovel. Help.

Sorry, I can't even pretend.

Even if they do make Amy Adams look gorgeous, I'm still going to know it ain't natural. I hope the cost of her foundation doesn't skyrocket the budget to over 200 million.

NeoRanger
Even if they do make Amy Adams look gorgeous, I'm still going to know it ain't natural.

In a movie. Which is make-believe by definition.

superking

>Lex Vader wrote:

[img]http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx12/Lex_Vader/cavill-eyes.png[/img] is not a valid Image.
Oh my God. No. What a hideous monster. Someone kill it with a shovel. Help.

Sorry, I can't even pretend.

Even if they do make Amy Adams look gorgeous, I'm still going to know it ain't natural. I hope the cost of her foundation doesn't skyrocket the budget to over 200 million.
Oh my god Lex your right hes beautiful!!......theres barely a wrinkle.

hes a fine looking chap Lexy we have established that and bloody right too. The last son of Krypton remember ages slower so perhaps there comin from that angleWink...actually foundation is pretty cheap in the states.

Saint Expeditus
[url=http://www.supermanhomepage.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=9045&pid=124985#post_124985]Lex Vader wrote: I'm still going to know it ain't natural.

As opposed to Henry's natural bulk, heat-vision, or ability to fly? Shock

sbeamish
I can see the possibility of problems down the road; with sequels. But, right now, I just don't see how anyone can say that (a character played by) Amy Adams isn't attractive enough to be in a relationshp with (a character played by) Henry Cavill.

And I just never got the whole concept of Lois having to be "greater" than every other woman just because she's with Superman, and he's super. He loves her. People fall in love for myriad reasons. They complement each other.

That used to mean that he was a rescuer, and she was a perpetual victim; always placing herself in harm's way. Now..., well, who knows? I guess it depends on the writers. Who knows why two people fall in love?

We're talking love; not opportunism. It's "I love you, forever;" not "I love you, unless and until I meet somebody greater than you."

I wouldn't trade my wife for the hottest, wealthiest woman in the world. I love her.

NeoRanger
Let's not forget the source of the 'romance' (which is, ironically, also the reason it's increasingly harder to sell). When Superman was created, female reporters were few and in-between. Those that did exist were mostly columnists for the 'wifey' stuff. Investigative journalism was largely reserved for men. Superman fell for Lois (advertised and referred to, at the time, as the 'girl reporter'), because of her dynamic personality, fearless attitude and unbent integrity in fighting for the truth. It's harder to sell now, because the place of women in society is vastly different. Let's not forget that Byrne's Lana Lang is the polar opposite to Lois, the quiet next-door-girl who only wants to be a housewife, against Lois who wants a lot more.

It's the personality he grows to love. How they will write this personality to be likable (unlike, say, Bosworth) and still stand out amongst her peers is a task I would not like to have myself, but I could see it portrayed via someone like Adams.

copacetic
Lex Vader, I feel bad for any poor woman unfortunate enough to age into her 40's in front of you.

Hypoxic

>Dom El uk wrote:

lol,He would probably try to get them put down.

Have there been any women going missing over the age of 35 lately?

Has anyone thought of digging up his back garden?

Wink

Take it easy.
Easy, miss. I've got you.
_____

Get away from me, padre. You reek of the irrational. - Lex Luthor

Lex Vader
The point is that they stretched the physical description and the age of the character only because they decided to pick Amy Adams. It means they only thought the role of Superman was important enough to find someone who's a natural fit for the role and fits the description perfectly. The rest of the cast is being filled in with whoever they want. I mean, have you seen Michael Shannon? The guy is plain weird. I don't know how much I want to see a weird General Zod. And is Laurence Fishburne suddenly the only person who can play Perry White, as opposed to the dozen character actors who'd be a better fit? Or are they just casting people they like?

Look, Amy Adams is hot. But she's not Lois Lane. And changing her hair color denies what goes into hair color - genetics. It's why Jessica Alba looked ridiculous as a blue-eyed blonde. I'm not saying Clark couldn't fall for Amy Adams. But he's not supposed to fall for Amy Adams. He's supposed to fall for Lois Lane. And Lois Lane is a striking brunette, not a pretty redhead with a dye job. And making her a decade older and/or pretending not to be adds nothing to the story. All I ask is that they put the same care into the rest of the cast as they did into the main character. It's an ensemble, not Elvis with a backing band.

"She can act" is not an excuse. Every role ever cast was supposedly because the actor was great in the role, or good at the audition. And plenty of roles are poorly cast regardless of these claims.

Lex Vader
All I'm saying is, I want to say, "Wow! That's amazing! That's perfect! That's Lois Lane!" instead of "Wow... she'll probably look better with dyed hair and lots of makeup." That's just no fun. Perfect casting is a rare joy, and to get only one or two of those in a film is disappointing.

Saint Expeditus

>Lex Vader wrote:

All I'm saying is, I want to say, "Wow! That's amazing! That's perfect! That's Lois Lane!" instead of "Wow... she'll probably look better with dyed hair and lots of makeup." That's just no fun. Perfect casting is a rare joy, and to get only one or two of those in a film is disappointing.

Whom would you prefer? Serious question.

Lex Vader
I'm not a bloody casting director and I don't know every actress in the world and I haven't seen anyone audition or screen test, so I'm not going to answer that.

A6K

>Saint Expeditus wrote:

>Lex Vader wrote:

We went though this already, he doesn't know. "Someone like Gretchen Mol" I believe is the quote. But bottom line he doesn't like the choice. Fair Enough, Good on Ya.

Personally I think it's time to call it quits on this little tennis match, but who am I to tell anyone what to do. Not only is it a tennis match, but now it's going roundy round on its self.

I just don't see why everyone has to gang up on the guy when he's stated his opinion, his reason, and he's not budging on it. Your not changing his mind and he's not changing anyone else's.

Agree to disagree? Anyone?

NeoRanger
I just don't see why everyone has to gang up on the guy when he's stated his opinion, his reason, and he's not budging on it.

It's perfectly fine if he can't see Adams as Lois. It happens to all of us with whatever casting at whatever role. Something just doesn't fit.

It's his rationalization I can't see adding up. That's all.

A6K

>NeoRanger wrote:

I just don't see why everyone has to gang up on the guy when he's stated his opinion, his reason, and he's not budging on it.

It's perfectly fine if he can't see Adams as Lois. It happens to all of us with whatever casting at whatever role. Something just doesn't fit.

It's his rationalization I can't see adding up. That's all.

Gotcha'

Saint Expeditus

>A6K wrote:

>Saint Expeditus wrote:

>Lex Vader wrote:

We went though this already, he doesn't know. "Someone like Gretchen Mol" I believe is the quote. But bottom line he doesn't like the choice. Fair Enough, Good on Ya.

Personally I think it's time to call it quits on this little tennis match, but who am I to tell anyone what to do. Not only is it a tennis match, but now it's going roundy round on its self.

I just don't see why everyone has to gang up on the guy when he's stated his opinion, his reason, and he's not budging on it. Your not changing his mind and he's not changing anyone else's.

This is a discussion board no? I asked him a question because I was interested in his answer. I didn't fathom that he would have no response at all. That isn't ganging up.

If he stated before that he had no idea and I missed it... my bad. My assumption was that someone who passionately feels choice x is bad might have sorted out who would be better. I don't think Cavill is an ideal choice but I honestly can't think of anyone better so it ceases to be an issue.

Separately, there isn't any real heat in this conversation is there? Who cares if the conversation goes on? If someone has something else interesting to say about Amy Adams, I am sure the conversation will move on.

A6K

>Saint Expeditus wrote:

>A6K wrote:

>Saint Expeditus wrote:

>Lex Vader wrote:

This is a discussion board no? I asked him a question because I was interested in his answer. I didn't fathom that he would have no response at all. That isn't ganging up.

If he stated before that he had no idea and I missed it... my bad. My assumption was that someone who passionately feels choice x is bad might have sorted out who would be better. I don't think Cavill is an ideal choice but I honestly can't think of anyone better so it ceases to be an issue.

Separately, there isn't any real heat in this conversation is there? Who cares if the conversation goes on? If someone has something else interesting to say about Amy Adams, I am sure the conversation will move on.

Yeah I gotcha' but it's just doing this over and over: I don't like her she's too old, Yeah but she doesn't look it, Yes she does I should know look at this picture, well look at this other picture she's hot, well your dumb, no your dumb, well who do you suggest, I don't know, your dumb, no your dumb and she's too old, Yeah but she doesn't look it, Yes she does I should know......so on and so on.

I know it's a discussion board but when an adminstrater says cool it, it's because someone is on that line. And this Lex guy is getting pretty frustrated with it and I just don't see a need to keep pushing a point when there is no point. I'd rather prove we can get along and have a conversation and come to an understanding than prove someone wrong out of spite.

superking

>A6K wrote:

>Saint Expeditus wrote:

>A6K wrote:

>Saint Expeditus wrote:

>Lex Vader wrote:

Yeah I gotcha' but it's just doing this over and over: I don't like her she's too old, Yeah but she doesn't look it, Yes she does I should know look at this picture, well look at this other picture she's hot, well your dumb, no your dumb, well who do you suggest, I don't know, your dumb, no your dumb and she's too old, Yeah but she doesn't look it, Yes she does I should know......so on and so on.

I know it's a discussion board but when an adminstrater says cool it, it's because someone is on that line. And this Lex guy is getting pretty frustrated with it and I just don't see a need to keep pushing a point when there is no point. I'd rather prove we can get along and have a conversation and come to an understanding than prove someone wrong out of spite.
Personally i think the moderator was saying cool it because someone was talking about Lex having buried bodys in his backyard...beyond that Lex is a big boy...were having a bit o fun discussing lois, if he doesn,t like it he will tell us.......he loves it!!Shock

sandman1347

>Lex Vader wrote:

We're in the minority in this forum but I agree with your assessment. Amy Adams is an impressive actress but for the role of Lois Lane, she has been mis-cast. She doesn't look the part, she's almost a decade older than the guy who's playing Superman and she has never played a character that makes me think that Lois is up her alley.

For those who ask who I'd rather see in the role, I'll throw three names out there. Rachel McAdams, Emily Blunt and Gemma Arterton. All three are talented, sexy brunettes who are in Henry's age group. There are others too if I wanted to spend some time searching. The point is that they missed the mark with Adams and it's kind of a disappointment.

Edited by sandman1347 on 13/08/2011 04:10

superking

>Lex Vader wrote:

A perfect casting is always preferable....but since theatre began wigs ..make up ,costumes ect ect have been used to create character...what they did with cate blanchett for elizabeth....or any period movie for that matter, in fact youd be hard pressed to find any actress out there who doesnt color thier hair....i do get you point tho Lex as i really wanted Racheal McCadams...she really fits the bill looks wise and can act..however i certainly never wanted a jessica biel/ megan fox type, thats the risk you run with perfect look casting whereas i know/ or at least feel that amy can act the part so im stoked about that.

Jump to Forum: