Superman Homepage » Television » Smallville
 Print Thread
Scion
mjyextreme
This episode was great, it really showcased why i love the character of superman. Clark willingness to protect and teach Conner shows the heart of the man of steel. Also loved the line clark gave conner "You're coming home with me" thats the same line Johnathan kent said to clark in Exile when he had the red ring on. 5/5 for throwbacks
Marcus

Johnjones
Well done Smallville, well done. I know a big gripe this week will be Conner/Green K, when just 2 weeks ago we saw him using Green K against Clark. Before it's a misunderstood issue, it seemed pretty clear that the answer to that lies in the fact that his abilities hadn't formed until the end of the episode "Beacon", hence the non reaction in that episode.

So Darkseid will revive Lex because of a deal made with Alt Lionel. Hmmmm, interesting yet slightly predictable.

This episode had a warmness in it (the barn scenes) that's been noticeably absent since Schneider left the series. It's always good to see throwbacks to those moments.

4.5/5
"Future events such as these, will effect you in the future."

-Plan 9 From Outer Space-

TheSuperman
if this had been an episode in season 4-7 or whatever i may have been more receptive, but weve seen this model for an episode at least 5 times over. Ryan(which was great) that glass chick, that aging kid, the wonder twins, and now superboy.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,

that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

Leviticus 18-22 remember it.

hordakalpha
mjyextreme wrote:
Also loved the line clark gave conner "You're coming home with me" thats the same line Johnathan kent said to clark in Exile when he had the red ring on.

Exactly what I thought. The way Clark delivers the line also made me think of Johnathan. Clark being a punching bag didn't thrill me, but of course I can understand how he didn't want to harm "Conner", so I'll let it slide.

Of course, Clark Vs. Darkseid or Clark Vs. Lex in power armor better not be "Clark is punching bag until final five seconds and then easy win" type deal like with Dudsday.

The episode was MUCH, MUCH, better than last week's "Fortune". I liked how Darkseid or his projection showed up at the end which makes it obvious Darkseid is going to resurrect the one true Lex Luthor in exchange for something in return.

I DO NOT, NOT, NOT, want this to mean the deal being Alternate Lionel becomes the mortal vessel for Darkseid. That would be a cop out and lame. Darkseid needs to show up in the flesh and I absolutely KNOW it can be done in a way that the fans deserve. But, will the producers do it that way??

They got us psyched up for Dudsday, which fell flat, so I'd hope a villain like Darkseid will get the treatment as an honest threat that won't be very easy to prevail over.

Now, as I guessed, we have to wait about a month for the next cycle of new episodes. Does this mean CW will once again pre-empt Smallville's scheduled return for the stupid vampires and nikitas again??? I hope not.

Next week is a rerun of "Harvest". UGH!!! I think I'll do something else next Friday. "Harvest" just really sucks.
(Hordak Alpha))
[img]http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/3131/smallvillesig2011.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

Kal-El23
This episode will rank for me as one of the top episodes of the entire run of the series. To the person above who said that this reminded them of the Ryan storyline as well as others, well, the HUGE difference is that Clark finally has someone that is truly like him that he can teach to adjust just the way the Kents taught him. Really my only issue was the "Smallville High application". Uhh...I don't recall filling out an application to go to high school, but okay. Other than that, the story was great, the directing was great, and the Darkseid part at the end was amazing. Can't believe we have to wait 6 weeks!!
I Know My Destiny

Supergirl
Kal-El23 wrote:
This episode will rank for me as one of the top episodes of the entire run of the series. To the person above who said that this reminded them of the Ryan storyline as well as others, well, the HUGE difference is that Clark finally has someone that is truly like him that he can teach to adjust just the way the Kents taught him. Really my only issue was the "Smallville High application". Uhh...I don't recall filling out an application to go to high school, but okay. Other than that, the story was great, the directing was great, and the Darkseid part at the end was amazing. Can't believe we have to wait 6 weeks!!

I loved the episode too, so many throw backs and it's awesome seeing the introduction of Superboy and finally seeing Darkseid. The high school application thing, I think parents do have do paper work for you to go to school. I think the reason you may not remember is the same reason I don't remember ever filling something like that out. Our parents did it. I know there has to be paper work filled out before you attend school. Ugh, 6 weeks. I feel like both Smallville and Supernatural just finally got back. Sad
[img]http://i28.tinypic.com/19o02w.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.
SmileWinkSadFrownShockPfftCoolGrinAngry
http://www.facebo....baby.d0ll

Supergirl
hordakalpha wrote:
mjyextreme wrote:
Also loved the line clark gave conner "You're coming home with me" thats the same line Johnathan kent said to clark in Exile when he had the red ring on.

Exactly what I thought. The way Clark delivers the line also made me think of Johnathan. Clark being a punching bag didn't thrill me, but of course I can understand how he didn't want to harm "Conner", so I'll let it slide.

Of course, Clark Vs. Darkseid or Clark Vs. Lex in power armor better not be "Clark is punching bag until final five seconds and then easy win" type deal like with Dudsday.

The episode was MUCH, MUCH, better than last week's "Fortune". I liked how Darkseid or his projection showed up at the end which makes it obvious Darkseid is going to resurrect the one true Lex Luthor in exchange for something in return.

I DO NOT, NOT, NOT, want this to mean the deal being Alternate Lionel becomes the mortal vessel for Darkseid. That would be a cop out and lame. Darkseid needs to show up in the flesh and I absolutely KNOW it can be done in a way that the fans deserve. But, will the producers do it that way??

They got us psyched up for Dudsday, which fell flat, so I'd hope a villain like Darkseid will get the treatment as an honest threat that won't be very easy to prevail over.

Now, as I guessed, we have to wait about a month for the next cycle of new episodes. Does this mean CW will once again pre-empt Smallville's scheduled return for the stupid vampires and nikitas again??? I hope not.

Next week is a rerun of "Harvest". UGH!!! I think I'll do something else next Friday. "Harvest" just really sucks.

I completely agree. I got all psyched up for Doomsday. And then it was a nothing fight. It was completely boring, and after all that build up. I hope they have Darkseid in his own form not possessing a vessel as well, that would be completely awesome and creepy. They better not pre-empt Smallville and Supernatural again. Or or...they just better not. Angry
[img]http://i28.tinypic.com/19o02w.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.
SmileWinkSadFrownShockPfftCoolGrinAngry
http://www.facebo....baby.d0ll

Steve Wright
Clark being a punching bag didn't thrill me, but of course I can understand how he didn't want to harm "Conner", so I'll let it slide.

He did that on purpose. He showed that once he tried he easily over powered him. I actually liked that little touch. Clark did not want to harm him and he could have easily kicked him to the moon, but he didn't. Until he realized that he would have to get very forceful he tried to reason with him. Classic Superman.

That whole scene was a call back to the Johnathan and Clark fight of season 3. Very well done.

I also liked how they didn't sweep Lionel's apparent easy assimilation under the rug. There were flaws and they got him. A bit of a convenient reason but a reason none the less.

Loved the call back to the heat vision coming on with the onset of desire, and Clark immediately knowing what was happening. Also, way to have him stay on the ground the whole episode. I was really worried the kid would fly. Thankfully they didn't go there.

Much more like it for one of the final 6 episodes. 4/5 for me.

The Red-Blue Blur
Parts were better than other parts... A majority was pure crap you guys who loved it will be laughing upon in a few years. First off, the acting we got from Tom in this was absolutely dreadful. The whole Superboy steals stuff for Lois is a really crap idea. I only liked the ending scenes really. I feel as if those were the whole couple of minutes that accomplished anything in the whole episode.

3.5/5

addar
the last scene of Lionel at Lex grave and Darkseid appearing that was juat awesome that is how i hoped they would have Darkseid not in a human vessel so we know now how Lex comes back.
In the sunshine state in Australia

GeneralZod81
It was a shot in the arm compared to the last two episodes. The way Tess got the alternate reality Lionel luthor I can say Tess is toast after Darksied possessing Lionel.

It would be a GREAT spinoff series for that Lex/Clark clone to be a Superboy series, but the Warners pending lawsuit would throw water on the fire.
KNEEL BEFORE GENERAL ZOD!!!!

theprofessor
**Cries** I was REALLY REALLY REALLY hoping we'd learn in the fanale that Lex was never really dead in the fist place. Not, just brought back! That bumms me out...
-Abashed the devil stood, and felt how aweful goodness is.

GreatestCriminalMind
The episode was a turd. No progress whatsoever towards becoming Superman.

Would have been fine in another season, but not this one.
...and where are the glasses????

Steve Wright
Would have been fine in another season, but not this one.
...and where are the glasses????

He doesn't need them unless he is at the DP right now.

No progress whatsoever towards becoming Superman.

I think once Dessad said he couldn't be corrupted that he was pretty much Superman. Just without flying, which I think they are obviously saving for a wow moment either in the finale or an episode leading up to it. He's pretty much set and now they are going to set the universe. Not the way I thought it would go down, but if you go back and watch you will see the progression all season. Just not into his classic wardrobe. Wink

Supereyes
There were strangely more than four clips of this episode posted on Youtube that I found, and this from my perspective just goes to show what a better episode this was than most of the previous episodes aired this season. Usually after a recent episode, I would find just four clips posted on Youtube, but if the episode was really good then, "Homecoming," or "Luthor," then there would be alot more clips posted. Like the fight scene with Hawkman and Slade, there seemed to be multiple posts of that one scene.

I did spoil myself for most of this episode, and the full episode still is not online, but so far, I have already enjoyed the episode. At first, I was a little deceptive of the producers bringing in Superboy, but more or less, Superboy made this episode feel like a Superman episode, because it had Clark really centered into the story.

I agree that there has been so many episodes where Clark has helped out a helpless kid, but this was is different because it's Superboy who has Clark's powers...then again the heat vision thing goes back to Kara, when Clark taught her how to control her heat vision.

I do feel for others though about Conner on red k trying to rape Lois, if Clark didn't do that when influenced on red k, then why would Conner do that? Clark was not that bad when he was on red k. In fact, we're all confident to say that Clark would never do when on red k.

And I don't need to know much about Superboy to say that he wouldn't sexually abuse a woman either even when on red kryptonite.

Oh...and speaking of kryptonite, how Conner was able to get influenced by kryptonite?...He has Clark's abilities...he's half clone of Lex and Clark, or he has their DNA, but if he was human, and then had Clark's DNA injected into his body, shouldn't he only have clark's powers, but not his weaknesses? He would have to be born on Krypton.

Despite the Conner forcing himself over Lois incident, I enjoyed the episode. I think I agree with The Red-Blue Blur on this. 3.5/5.

Oh...Oliver...plus Chloe was not in this episode. Was that what helped? "Homecoming," and "Luthor" have been this season's so-much-better episodes.

Regarding those episodes, I have to go back on "Beacon" and say now that I don't think it was that bad-it was pretty good. What was entertaining about it was, there was Lionel and Martha, old characters we have missed for a long time, and seeing them come back on the show playing a part that was significant was somewhat worth a watch. Other episodes haven't been that much worth watching whether good or bad, but mostly, just average this season. I haven't seen any completely terrible episodes this season.

The last 6 episodes better build up to Clark becoming Superman...I mean that's all it needs to be about! Nothing else! Add in Darkseid, and Lex to that as sub-plots! I'm not demanding that we see Superman by the end, we just need to know that these final 6 episodes will lead us to the expectation that Clark will become Superman, and that we'll know for sure in the end, whether it's on-screen or off-screen, that Superman is there.
[img]http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t309/Supereyes/clois.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

~I look upon my powers as a gift...Not mine alone, but for anyone who needs them~
Superman: Peace on Earth

Click Here to see my Super Fan Art!:
http://groups.msn...lery2.msnw

Supereyes
Oh sorry, a few other things I forgot to ask, are Chloe and Oliver getting married? My computer ran really slow last week, and I can't find that episode online again. Please, please tell me that's just a bad dream.

Now I was pretty sure the show was going to end with Chloe running off so she could let Oliver and Clark embrace their destinies...but...Christ, I could not believe this s*** if it is true. I mean two words here: Um...Black Canary?

She was the love-life of Oliver Queen! These little jackasses! If they are making Oliver and Chloe get married, I swear there'll be consequences for these writers!
[img]http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t309/Supereyes/clois.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

~I look upon my powers as a gift...Not mine alone, but for anyone who needs them~
Superman: Peace on Earth

Click Here to see my Super Fan Art!:
http://groups.msn...lery2.msnw

MysteryRidah
8/10 Little too much talking, but the fight scene won me back. Even tho i wish superboy goes away. Hopefully he is not going to appear in anymore episodes.
[img]http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/5690/sc3cm.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.
Greatest Movie of all time.

The Red-Blue Blur
Supereyes wrote:
Oh sorry, a few other things I forgot to ask, are Chloe and Oliver getting married? My computer ran really slow last week, and I can't find that episode online again. Please, please tell me that's just a bad dream.

Now I was pretty sure the show was going to end with Chloe running off so she could let Oliver and Clark embrace their destinies...but...Christ, I could not believe this s*** if it is true. I mean two words here: Um...Black Canary?

She was the love-life of Oliver Queen! These little jackasses! If they are making Oliver and Chloe get married, I swear there'll be consequences for these writers!

The writers ignored that this week. Oliver and Chloe are already married... They got married when they were * -puke- *... DRUNK. So we didn't see a wedding, just two rings on their hands and a marriage certificate and their treating it as if nothing really changed. I'm really hoping Chloe dies in the last episode, as much as I love her.

baalroo
The Red-Blue Blur wrote:
Supereyes wrote:

The writers ignored that this week. Oliver and Chloe are already married... They got married when they were * -puke- *... DRUNK. So we didn't see a wedding, just two rings on their hands and a marriage certificate and their treating it as if nothing really changed. I'm really hoping Chloe dies in the last episode, as much as I love her.

I really doubt that will happen, they've already added her to the DC cannon in the Jimmy Olsen backups for Action Comics, and as much as people complain about continuity I doubt DC will back down from the "Chloe is alive in current continuity" stance so quickly.

krypto-mac
I actually quite enjoyed this episode. Like others have said, this is much more like it coming in towards the end of the series.
To err is human, to moo is bovine.

Jump to Forum: