Superman Homepage » Television » Smallville
 Print Thread
Masquerade
Supereyes
Saw some people talking about microvision. Wth is that? Any Clark/The Blur action? How about the whole double identity thing? and is this story moving along with the Darkseid plot?
[img]http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t309/Supereyes/clois.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

~I look upon my powers as a gift...Not mine alone, but for anyone who needs them~
Superman: Peace on Earth

Click Here to see my Super Fan Art!:
http://groups.msn...lery2.msnw
 
hordakalpha
So, thus far, is it just me or have Darkseid's minions been pretty lame in all appearances??? Desaad, I was hoping, was at least going to be a challenging foe and instead, he is easily taken down by a few punches from Oliver while Clark is incapacitated behind some wall of darkness. Yet, Desaad can throw Chloe around with telekinetic force and pin Clark down with a wall of dark power, yet Oliver gains the upper hand???? OOOoooh, wow, Oliver is branded with the omega symbol. Who cares?? Time for him to go away already. He hasn't been useful since he came out to the public and spends all of his free time in soap mode.


I'm still hoping at least Darkseid will be treated as something that Lex Luthor himself has nightmares about, because none of Darkseid's minions have honestly given such an impression yet.



This episode was too much Chloe and Ollie. Almost as bad as that Chloe and Jimmy.............wait.....sorry about that I mean that Chloe and HENRY centric episode done back in season 7. This episode wasn't terrible, but it could have been better than it was. Almost harkening back to Smallville circa season 6 where the character soap drama was more important than the evil things that were looming out and about. "Who cares about the Phantom Zone criminals going around?? Clark and Lana slept together last night!!" *rolls eyes* About as bad as the "Chlollie" moments.



And, will someone please tell me whatever happened to Mia Drerden aka Speedy?? I thought she was supposedly this important side character that Oliver was mentoring. She appeared twice last year and has never been heard from or mentioned again. Oliver training her would be much better than Chloe and Oliver's constant scenes of boredom.




The Clark and Lois moments were nice, although not enough of them. And, once again, if the producers aren't going to have Clark be actively flying yet until the series finale, please QUIT making it look like he is!!! For a second there as Clark's "red and blue blur" flashed down from Big Ben, it made me think he was flying.




So, yeah, this episode wasn't the greatest , but at least it finally mentioned the Darkseid plot line for the first time since before the mid-winter break. Next week's episode looks like a complete turd and having Zatanna involved is pretty pointless if she doesn't even appear on screen.


Not exactly satisfied with Smallville this week or the pointless comedy episode for next week either.
(Hordak Alpha))
[img]http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/3131/smallvillesig2011.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.
 
MysteryRidah
hordakalpha, you said pretty much everytime i was thinking and said on other forums. Deathstroke was really the only enemy this season that gave a challenge to clark.

This episode was terrible tho, it started out good, but the other half of the show was crap.

And next week episode looks even more worse. This is suppose to be the last season , and they are giving us crap ass episodes.
[img]http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/5690/sc3cm.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.
Greatest Movie of all time.
 
GeneralZod81
Just where were the writers trying to take us on this? UGH!
KNEEL BEFORE GENERAL ZOD!!!!
 
MysteryRidah
GeneralZod81 wrote:
Just where were the writers trying to take us on this? UGH!


to a lame party episode next week. all time lowest ratings coming up i am sure.
[img]http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/5690/sc3cm.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.
Greatest Movie of all time.
 
krypto-mac
Uh, just a quick point there guys: Desaad deliberately let Ollie beat the tar out of him, and provoked him whilst he was doing so, so that the darkness would take over Ollie - which it did, as was displayed by the Omega symbol he was branded with.

The episode itself was a bit up and down. I enjoyed it on the surface of it, but unfortunately, when i had to look deeper for my review, it was dead easy to pick apart all the holes in the episode.

My biggest gripe is this - how the hell was Clark going global with his saves when he can't fly? There's a whole North Atlantic Ocean separating North America from England. We know from season 4 he can't run across water. So wtf, Smallville, WTF? Are we expected to believe he jumped across an entire ocean? Oh how convenient, i guess now they can avoid the flying issue altogether! Ugh.
To err is human, to moo is bovine.
 
Jonhou
krypto-mac wrote:
Uh, just a quick point there guys: Desaad deliberately let Ollie beat the tar out of him, and provoked him whilst he was doing so, so that the darkness would take over Ollie - which it did, as was displayed by the Omega symbol he was branded with.

The episode itself was a bit up and down. I enjoyed it on the surface of it, but unfortunately, when i had to look deeper for my review, it was dead easy to pick apart all the holes in the episode.

My biggest gripe is this - how the hell was Clark going global with his saves when he can't fly? There's a whole North Atlantic Ocean separating North America from England. We know from season 4 he can't run across water. So wtf, Smallville, WTF? Are we expected to believe he jumped across an entire ocean? Oh how convenient, i guess now they can avoid the flying issue altogether! Ugh.

Uhh.. It has never been mentioned or showed that he can't run on water. True in season 4 he didn't run on water when he chased Bart, but that could just be because he had never tried to run on water before and didn't know that he could.
 
Steve Wright
Yet, Desaad can throw Chloe around with telekinetic force and pin Clark down with a wall of dark power, yet Oliver gains the upper hand????


What Krypto said..

My biggest gripe is this - how the hell was Clark going global with his saves when he can't fly? There's a whole North Atlantic Ocean separating North America from England. We know from season 4 he can't run across water. So wtf, Smallville, WTF? Are we expected to believe he jumped across an entire ocean? Oh how convenient, i guess now they can avoid the flying issue altogether! Ugh.


What Jonhou said..plus....he is MUCH faster since then. Still can't beat the flash but he can run incredibly fast. And, actually if he took a northern route there wouldn't be as much ocean to cross if he just left NYC and ran to britain.
 
Zod Lombard
Steve Wright wrote:
Yet, Desaad can throw Chloe around with telekinetic force and pin Clark down with a wall of dark power, yet Oliver gains the upper hand????


What Krypto said..

My biggest gripe is this - how the hell was Clark going global with his saves when he can't fly? There's a whole North Atlantic Ocean separating North America from England. We know from season 4 he can't run across water. So wtf, Smallville, WTF? Are we expected to believe he jumped across an entire ocean? Oh how convenient, i guess now they can avoid the flying issue altogether! Ugh.


What Jonhou said..plus....he is MUCH faster since then. Still can't beat the flash but he can run incredibly fast. And, actually if he took a northern route there wouldn't be as much ocean to cross if he just left NYC and ran to britain.


I'm with Mac on this one. The show should have at least established that Clark had figured out to run on water (since NOT being able to do it in Season 4). I know the show is at the will at its sparse budget at times, but a shot of Clark running on water couldn't have too expensive to produce.

Overall, I though this episode, like most of the episodes this season, was POOR.

I just don't know what the show is about anymore. Tonight it was the Ollie and Chloe Show! What, now Chloe can hold her own in a fist-fight with highly trained FBI agents?! Terrible.

The only parts i did like: Clark using his "micro" vision ("It's my power, I can call it what I want" ... great line) and Clark FINALLY wearing his glasses. Though they should have started having him wear glasses when he first started working at the Daily Planet (was that Season 7?).

Those two things aside, another disappointing episode. Next week's "Fortune" episode looks worse.

Hopefully the show can get better with "Scion" and the remainder of the episodes.
Superman vs. Darkseid
http://www.youtub...zFsxSH8fUA
 
TheSuperman
thought it was a pretty decent episode, the chloe oliver stuff was crap, especially the i love you seen right after they defeat the bad guys.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,

that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

Leviticus 18-22 remember it.
 
Jonhou
Zod Lombard wrote:
Steve Wright wrote:
Yet, Desaad can throw Chloe around with telekinetic force and pin Clark down with a wall of dark power, yet Oliver gains the upper hand????


What Krypto said..

My biggest gripe is this - how the hell was Clark going global with his saves when he can't fly? There's a whole North Atlantic Ocean separating North America from England. We know from season 4 he can't run across water. So wtf, Smallville, WTF? Are we expected to believe he jumped across an entire ocean? Oh how convenient, i guess now they can avoid the flying issue altogether! Ugh.


What Jonhou said..plus....he is MUCH faster since then. Still can't beat the flash but he can run incredibly fast. And, actually if he took a northern route there wouldn't be as much ocean to cross if he just left NYC and ran to britain.


I'm with Mac on this one. The show should have at least established that Clark had figured out to run on water (since NOT being able to do it in Season 4). I know the show is at the will at its sparse budget at times, but a shot of Clark running on water couldn't have too expensive to produce.


Why do you say he was not able to run on water? There is no proof to this. He didn't run on water probably because he didn't know he could. You say he is not able to, but we never saw him try and fail. Because we haven't seen him do something that means he can't do it. This is the logic you are using. We haven't seen him do laundry either, but I'm pretty sure he knnows how.
 
TheSuperman
krypto-mac wrote:
Uh, just a quick point there guys: Desaad deliberately let Ollie beat the tar out of him, and provoked him whilst he was doing so, so that the darkness would take over Ollie - which it did, as was displayed by the Omega symbol he was branded with.

The episode itself was a bit up and down. I enjoyed it on the surface of it, but unfortunately, when i had to look deeper for my review, it was dead easy to pick apart all the holes in the episode.

My biggest gripe is this - how the hell was Clark going global with his saves when he can't fly? There's a whole North Atlantic Ocean separating North America from England. We know from season 4 he can't run across water. So wtf, Smallville, WTF? Are we expected to believe he jumped across an entire ocean? Oh how convenient, i guess now they can avoid the flying issue altogether! Ugh.


im pretty sure he can run across water, its just nothing clark ever expected to do i suppose. So when flash did it he was really surprised. Its not like we saw clark try to run across water and fail.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,

that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

Leviticus 18-22 remember it.
 
The Red-Blue Blur
I actually liked this one a lot. It was the mainstream, entertaining Smallville episode. The romantic bull crap wasn't bad at all and it seemed more of a casual take on the relaionships we saw between Clois and Cloiver. I wasn't all for the Mr/Miss Smith stuff between Chloe and Oliver but it worked out fine. The premise had more of an original concept rather than meteor freak or a Smallville take on a villain. The special effects were limited so it didn't look like complete crap. Micro vision should've been implied since season one. We already knew his eye sight was over the top advanced. I don't think we'll like next week's episode though. 4/5
 
baalroo
I really enjoyed this one as well, but then I'm a fan of Bryan Q. Millers comic work on Batgirl and his writing style really shined through with this one... Easily the most "comic bookish" episode they've done IMO. That being said, it felt more like an issue of Batgirl in style and tone than it did an episode of Smallville, it's just that I fail to see how that could be construed as a bad thing.

Basically, I like my smallville slathered up in cheese and metatextually aware, and when Chloe laid out Desaads plan to tempt her with the seven sins and then finished off with the "isn't that a bit on-the-nose?" line I got a good chuckle out of the Whedon-esque moment... As well as when Clark dropped the "they're my powers, I can call them what I want" quip in regards to the "microvision" gag.

I'm also glad OP made a separate thread for the episode, I can't really stand the melodramatic bickering in the sticky thread.
 
Lex Vader
We haven't seen him do laundry either, but I'm pretty sure he knnows how.

I really wouldn't bet on it.

I'm also glad OP made a separate thread for the episode, I can't really stand the melodramatic bickering in the sticky thread.

Bite me!
 
Rod-El
the 'microvision' line was great, besides that the last episode felt like a mix between matrix and avatar, this one was something along the lines of Mr and Mrs Smith and the next one looks like the Hangover. I have to say though, Erica Durance pulls off a great Lois. All that "whoosh" stuff was hilarious and i felt that it fit in with this version of Lois.
 
sandman1347
Great work Smallville. For your latest rip-off, you've decided to steal from "Date Night". This is getting pathetic. Usually they would at least wait until the movie is out on Netflix before they blatently rip it off like that.

This show sucks.
 
krypto-mac
Jonhou wrote:
Why do you say he was not able to run on water? There is no proof to this.


That's a double-edged sword. We were never given any proof that he COULD run across water either.

Jonhou wrote:
He didn't run on water probably because he didn't know he could. You say he is not able to, but we never saw him try and fail.


And we're never going to either. Personally, i think this would have been a pretty cool thing to see, and important to the story if they intend to have him going global. I'm sick of having to assume everything.

The reason he couldn't give chase to Impulse across the water was not because Impulse was a little bit faster, it was because he was a lot faster. We even saw that Impulse could run backwards as fast as Clark could run forwards, and when he then turned around, he was gone in a "flash", pun intended.
That's why Impulse could run across water - because he was exponentially faster than Clark. It's very obvious Clark is faster now than he was in season 4, but if he's now fast enough to run across water we should be shown this, at least once, before they have him going global and leave us to assume he can.

Jonhou wrote:
Because we haven't seen him do something that means he can't do it. This is the logic you are using. We haven't seen him do laundry either, but I'm pretty sure he knnows how.


What Lex said, lol.

Back on point though, i'm saying we shouldn't be left to assume. I'm sick of having to fill in every single gap. It would be nice, every now and then, if they actually SHOWED him learning new things about his powers, or even new powers.

Take his microscopic vision for example. We have been shown this in the past being used in conjunction with his x-ray vision, but never on it's own. This was the first time we've seen his pupils contract and him use the power on it's own - but suddenly he has a mastery of it. Remember in the past when they used to show him learning how to do these things? Now we're just left to assume he mastered it off-screen.
By the way, simple biology states that pupils must dilate to provide better vision, so even the way they chose to portray it doesn't make sense.
To err is human, to moo is bovine.
 
GreatestCriminalMind
Why is it that they seem to be intent on shoehorning big monets, like the glasses, in brief scenes, yet we gets lots of time spent on Green Arrow's lovelife? I thought it was a Superman show.
 
Supereyes
^^GreatestCriminalMind^^

You pretty much said what I was about to say. Chollie was basically what I wanted to argue about.

I'd appreciate it if the producers, and the gosh, darn, writers would consider the characters, Chloe and Oliver to be as supporting characters, not major characters. They are stealing the story.

You know, they limited Oliver's character in the last two seasons which was good, but this season, he sure has made a bigger name for himself.

This show has disaponted me to tears. Now gosh, I would want so much prefer Clois to Chollie in an episode, but regarding what I've said about Clois, I'm still now happy with how the writers have been treating it. The so-called, "Clois moments" are not fun anymore. Actually, I haven't seen any good ones since "Bloodline."

We see them talk to each other about work, Lois helping Clark with his secret identity, but are they ever romantic to each other? This is something they've lacked. But others times we've seen Clark act romantic to Lois, it isn't believable to me, and it becomes boring. Clark barely has a sense of humor. He made a joke once in "Sneeze." That was fun. Maybe seeing Clark and Lois kiss at the DP office once in a while would be nice. When Clark saved Lois in the future, and then they kissed, Clark was being more Superman.

Now "Committed" was a break-through moment in Clark and Lois' relationship's history. The aftermath of "Committed" however never developed in "Identity." Clark and Lois seemed to be acting more...formal towards each other. By this point, were they were closer? Would have been nice to see an akward moment after "Committed," and see Clark's love for Lois develop, but the writers didn't do that, and that's why, to this day, I don't see Clark and Lois as a couple, an especially, an engaged couple. It doesn't make sense to me. It still looks to me just like Clark likes Lois and likes having her around, but they're only friends. Not much different from the way they were before.

As a couple, they're pretty boring for me, it's like I'm thinking, Lois deserves better. Clark is so boring for her...

...and when Clark was suggesting he should adjust his behavior when he wears the glasses--that, there, is what I'm talking about. In person, Clark's behaviour is just, well, he is never romantic to Lois, he's still a stiff, straight, personality, type guy...kind of...boring. I don't see much romance in Lois and Clark. I still don't see how Clark loves Lois. By this point as a couple, I would have thought Clark would have been more cheery. He doesn't look any happier than he has been with or without Lois. It was nice to see him act more bright at the end of "Odyssey."

Look how quickly they friggin' developed Chloe and Ollie's relationship, and with Oliver already being able to tell Chloe he loves him., when it took Clark over two years to finally tell Lois he loved her, and by that, this meant that she was the one, but I wanted to know why Clark has finally chosen Lois. We knew he was in love with Lana, but it didn't take words to say it, we could see it through Clark's eyes.

But back to Chollie, compare them to Clois.

There were more Chollie scenes than Clois in this episode. I agree what most others said. By the first 15 minutes, I was really enjoying this episode, and I thought I might enjoy the entire episode. I didn't mind the first Chollie scene, with Oliver in disguise, but then after that, the episode just took the Chollie scenes too far, and it went on too long. Jesus Christ already. Stop it.

They need to keep the Chollie scenes limited. In addition to the Chollie scenes, I hated the Chloe scene with Desaad. Once again, this is a scene that doesn't belong in the story. So much time taken on Chloe.

What does this simple blonde girl have to do with the darkness and every other thing that happens in Superman's life?!? Does she have to be a superheroine too before the show ends?!

Do we have to see that?...I'm guessing...because for some reason before Lana's departure, it was requested by fans to see Lana become a super-heroine and get injected with kryptonite in her body! I mean...seriously...Clana was supposed to end that way, Lex injects kryptonite into her super-powered body? Let's just say, I felt bad for Clana fans.

Well, what if the final Clark and Lex scene doesn't pay off well in the end? It could be...because the final Clex scene in season 7 was bad, the producers will say in the series finale that Lex's real name was really Henry Alexander Luthor..."because Clark isn't supposed to meet Lex Luthor before he became Superman."

I know Brian Q. Miller tries the best he can, but the mistake he's making is writing additional scenes for other characters. This show is supposed to be about....no excuse me, this show is about Chollie, not Clois, guest starring Clois!

This episode felt like two shows. The scene at the end almost effed up everything because it was going to end with a Chollie scene. Whatever episode it is, no matter what, it has to end with Clark, or at least a scene, something that involes Clark Kent. At least the omega symbol does.

This could be a 1 of 5 or a 3.5/5. One thing that was good about this episode was the advantage made by the writer to use the Blur in more scenes. That, I liked. 3/5 of this episode felt to me like there were more Chollie scenes than Clois. 2/5 of it seemed to be Clois.

Try getting all these characters to hang out together and investigate the darkness together. If it's Clark, Lois, Tess, and Oliver, that's better. Chloe steals Oliver away since she really doesn't have much to do with what else is going on. When they write these characters outside with story arcs seperately from Clark, that effs it up.

What disapointed me lastly was that the glasses didn't play out until the end. Would have been great if that was the major focus this episode. I thought for just one episode, Clark might travel with glasses because he fears his indetity is close to getting revealed. This episode should have been about that.

After this episode, I can't really trust next one will do well. There will be more Chollie scenes I bet. 2.5 stars. Where's my god---- Superman?
[img]http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t309/Supereyes/clois.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

~I look upon my powers as a gift...Not mine alone, but for anyone who needs them~
Superman: Peace on Earth

Click Here to see my Super Fan Art!:
http://groups.msn...lery2.msnw
 
Jump to Forum: