Superman Homepage » Television » Smallville
 Print Thread
Smallville Box Set
AKalel
Okay I have 2 questions.

1) I am not in the USA but in my area I noticed a Smallville Box Set consisting of Seasons 1 to 9 and was wondering if they are selling this in other areas and if so for what kind of price.

2) I figure they will do a uber set for all 10 seasons just in time for X mas 2011. That being said is there any extras you would like to see as part of this box set that might not of ben a part of any of the previous season sets or expanded from previous sets. Fore me I would like these 3 things 1) The unaird pilot, 2) More bloopers and outakes and 3) Maaybe some of the Smallville Comics put on their for anyone who was unable to get them.

Lex Vader
As far as I know, they've never released any official collection of multiple seasons. I believe any of those collections you see are just put together by retailers or sellers. And that would make sense, because complete series boxed sets are probably difficult to market due to their cost. It's much cheaper just to get each season used. So if they do eventually release the complete series, it would need to have lots of additional extras. And most likely, it still wouldn't warrant the retail price. Anyway, it's possible they'll want to sell season ten for a while before packaging the entire series, just to get as much money as they can. So I wouldn't count on it being out this year; at least not unless they announce otherwise.

AKalel
I did not think a nine season set made sense either but this set I saw was shrinkwrapped and laying a cross the top for lack of a better term a panaramic (sp) image of CLark in the Grey renchcooat looking at the Rao Towers.

superman1981
There is a 9 season smallville box set that is out on the market right , i personally think it is a waste because i think they jumped the gun by releasing since they still have 1 more season to go. Hopefully they will release a complete series box set after the series is completed i am personally hoping for a blu ray box set . But who knows Warner Bros always does weird things when it comes to there Superheroes they did it with batman beyond and the did it with justice league unlimited , as for special content i would like to see some more featurettes on the guest actors that have been on the show and they ties to Superman and the Mythology.There are alot of actors on Smallville that have been in other Superman related media (Michael Ironside , Dean Cain ETC.)

AKalel
I would be surprised if they did not double dip with a 10 season box set after all Smallville is 10 letters and they could use that as a gimmick for someone opting to buy it and not the separate seasons. As for Blu Ray it do not see a complete set of that until they rerelease the non Blu Ray Seasons on Blu Ray I figure 6 months to a year after the last one is released is when we will see that complete set.

JR1989
i won't be buying the complete collection when its released, i already own seasons 1,4,5,6,8,9 so why would i want to buy the complete collection just because it may contain some deleted scenes or bloopers that i've not seen (if the complete collection contains material not on the individial boxsets, then i'm sure someone will put those scenes on youtube)
i'll buy season 10 when its released in october (in the uk)
"You will give the people of earth an Ideal to strive towards, they'll race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall but in time they will join you in the sun, in time you will help them accomplish wonders"

BM
Be careful with those boxed sets that you didn't know existed. It's probably legit if you saw it in the store, but I know some people try to sell those things online and pass it off as a real box set when in actuality its just someone selling a "complete" collection of episodes they recorded in their own home - and could even be missing some episodes. I know that happened a lot with the show LOST.

smallville92
i now what i am getting for Christmas .

JR1989

>BM wrote:

Be careful with those boxed sets that you didn't know existed. It's probably legit if you saw it in the store, but I know some people try to sell those things online and pass it off as a real box set when in actuality its just someone selling a "complete" collection of episodes they recorded in their own home - and could even be missing some episodes. I know that happened a lot with the show LOST.

Buy off amazon not eBay
"You will give the people of earth an Ideal to strive towards, they'll race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall but in time they will join you in the sun, in time you will help them accomplish wonders"

JR1989

>smallville92 wrote:

i now what i am getting for Christmas .

What? LOL Pfft

AKalel
let me guess a dvd player or a box?

robert morrison

>BM wrote:

Sounds like you have brought some copies.lol
Were they dvd or video tape?
"People are afraid of what they don't understand" - Jonathan Kent
[img]http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b496/RobzHere/pakent_zpsd2408dda.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

robert morrison

>JR1989 wrote:

i won't be buying the complete collection when its released, i already own seasons 1,4,5,6,8,9 so why would i want to buy the complete collection just because it may contain some deleted scenes or bloopers that i've not seen (if the complete collection contains material not on the individial boxsets, then i'm sure someone will put those scenes on youtube)
i'll buy season 10 when its released in october (in the uk)

Same here, I have seasons 1-9 boxsets and will buy season 10
"People are afraid of what they don't understand" - Jonathan Kent
[img]http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b496/RobzHere/pakent_zpsd2408dda.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

AKalel
i would like in a perfect world have both. i am hoping steve will have a contest where someone can either win season 10 or the entire box set or both.

hakavon
As for the ten season set, don't hope for the unaired pilot. Seems it' s not included.

I know. I'm looking for a copy, and might even have bought the whole thing all over again just to have it. It's not being included, tho', according to all reports thus far.

Jump to Forum: