Print Thread
Henry Cavill cast as Superman
Roger
I just found out today what the new Superman looks like.
I haven't seen his previous work but I think he can look the part by the time filming starts.

Routhe was fine in the roll but he just looked way too young to me. This new guy looks a bit more rugged like he can kick some butt.
- Roger "THE Doctor"
"Harry, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee."
- Dale Cooper (Twin Peaks)
www.DOCTORXOMBIE.com - horror host videos.

sman24
Sorry for me acting like an ass a few months back. I was going through alot. Even though I'm still not happy with the casting in this superman movie I'm sure he's a very good actor. Im just not going to put to much hope in this movie and I don't think anyone else should ether because remember many of us had high hopes for superman returns and lots were let down. Then green lantern came out and again many had high hopes just to be let down again. So I say go into this movie not expecting much because if u go in with high hopes u may or may not be let down.

A6K
HENRY CAVILL TALKS SUPERMAN

I have made a concerted effort to focus purely on the source material, which is the comic. I personally believe to focus too much on other people's interpretation of the source material is going to detract from my performance and my interpretation. It's a wonderful opportunity and there is so much material there. And there is such a wealth of...way he is represented across all the comics. That it's a deep well to choose from.

Daily, I'm learning more. Because as I'm experiencing it, as I'm performing...I'm...As you say, if you were to look at George Reeves, and Christopher Reeves and all that. I'm doing bits myself and therefore learning more about the character. Because hopefully if I do my job right, I'll be remembered and maybe fifteen years in the future someone will be saying Henry Cavill when the next chap is playing Superman.

Well it sounds like he's taking it more seriously than anyone else before. Of course the proof will the the end result. I'm just curious as to what source materal he's using, as in what issues or story arcs. Or is he doing the classic actor canned answer that all actors use, "I'm going by the source material" and the end result is nothing like the source materal. We shall see in 2013.

You can listen to the interview at this link.
http://foxallacce...-superman/

Project 86
i22.photobucket.com/albums/b310/midnite4/DC%20comic%20casting/331419_130686287039107_100002932083726_167411_510123104_o.jpg

Hypoxic
Henry Cavill said:...Christopher Reeves...

*sigh*

Anyway, Cavill is a top shelf guy. He gives great interviews and is doing a bang up job of endearing himself to us fans. I wonder if even the Smallville crowd are starting to come around. Pfft
Easy, miss. I've got you.
_____

Get away from me, padre. You reek of the irrational. - Lex Luthor

A6K

>Hypoxic wrote:

Henry Cavill said:...Christopher Reeves...

*sigh*

Anyway, Cavill is a top shelf guy. He gives great interviews and is doing a bang up job of endearing himself to us fans. I wonder if even the Smallville crowd are starting to come around. Pfft

They might as well because Tom isn't anymore.

copacetic

>sman24 wrote:

at least it had a story and heart and it showed what superman really was

A stalker who used his powers to follow his ex girlfriend without her knowledge, a deadbeat dad, a "savior of Earth" who left for a 5 year mission to find Krypton without any real proof that it survived, leaving the planet to the whims of whatever attacks it might have incurred (especially on the heels of the Zod invasion, if SR is meant to be a loose sequel to Superman 2), lets henchmen die on the Kryptonite island while he's lifting it into space.

Yup, definitely what Superman is all about. Stop being such a sourpuss and just hold judgment on the new movie until you actually see it. Sourpuss.

copacetic

>A6K wrote:

which means Lois was a complete whore to hook up with a guy that quick thing Singer did.

I was with your post all the way until you wrote this. Did you really need to refer to her as that? So a woman hooked up with a guy, had a kid, big whoop. It doesn't make her a whore. I expect better from someone who is a bit more well spoken than some other users on this board.

A6K

>copacetic wrote:

>A6K wrote:

which means Lois was a complete whore to hook up with a guy that quick thing Singer did.

I was with your post all the way until you wrote this. Did you really need to refer to her as that? So a woman hooked up with a guy, had a kid, big whoop. It doesn't make her a whore. I expect better from someone who is a bit more well spoken than some other users on this board.

Wow that was an old post.

Well I can't even find it but I think I know what I meant by that.

Given the age of Jason and the fact that Superman Returns is supposed to have taken place after Superman 2 then it's suggested that Jason is the child of Lois and Clark after the night they spent together in the Fortress of Solitude.

Superman Returns takes place after Superman has been away for 5 years? That means soon as Superman 2 ended he left, came back and somehow the planet went from 1981 to 2006. Anyways that gleaming fact aside as soon as Superman left and Lois was pregnant with Superman's child she had to have hooked up with that other guy.

So the love of you life got you pregnant and before you can realize your pregnant you have sex with some other guy, realize you are pregnant and decide not to have a child out of wedlock so you marry bachelor number 2.

May have been strong word to use (whore) but the way the script is written it makes Lois look like she's only doing things out of need and not love. She is pregnant and needs to find a man so she has a one night stand and somehow marries the guy just as a cover? WTF is going on? I know I'm reading way to deep into the story but when you think about it you have to ask yourself "What is this current relationship?"

Just another weak point about Superman Returns. I WANTED to like this movie, I still want to like it, but I can't. I still try to watch it because I want to like it, but after the plane rescue, I'm over it.

So back to the subject. Is a woman who gets pregnant out of love and has sex and marries a guy out of need a whore? No, I was wrong for even using that word my apologies.

But it's not who Lois Lane is, she's a stronger person than that. If Lois Lane could get pregnant by Superman and he left, she would be a single mom and wait for him to come back.

But I do think Michael Dougherty, Dan Harris and Bryan Singer should never even mention Superman again.

JR1989
http://www.showbi...mself.html

lol
"You will give the people of earth an Ideal to strive towards, they'll race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall but in time they will join you in the sun, in time you will help them accomplish wonders"

tnekkralc
Cool interview:

http://herocomple...n-red-son/

whoops, just saw this was posted on the homepage Smile

Edited by tnekkralc on 21/11/2011 19:35

A6K

Well I'm happy for the guy, he set a goal and achieved it. I'm sure it will fade in time but there's nothing wrong with it.

I can't believe I became a Ranger Qualified Infantry Officer in the U.S. Army. Thinking back to when I was a private, I didn't think I was good enough to do it, but I was. I stare at my Ranger Tab or when I get saluted by a private and think to my self "Wow I can't believe it, I used to be that guy, how did I get here?"

Set a goal, achieve it and get giddy about it.

JR1989
http://www.digita...-kent.html
"You will give the people of earth an Ideal to strive towards, they'll race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall but in time they will join you in the sun, in time you will help them accomplish wonders"

truemiracle12
I have a question for my fellow Superman fans. Do you guys think they'll incorporate the classic ripping open of his shirt to reveal his "S" at some point in Man of Steel? It's something I haven't really thought about up until now, but I would think they would. Thoughts?

Lois-Lucy Lane

>truemiracle12 wrote:

I have a question for my fellow Superman fans. Do you guys think they'll incorporate the classic ripping open of his shirt to reveal his "S" at some point in Man of Steel? It's something I haven't really thought about up until now, but I would think they would. Thoughts?

I hope so, but we don't know the story, Clark might not become a reporter until the end of Man of steel.
I have always thought how does clark wear the superman suit under his work suit, where does he put the boots and cape?

truemiracle12

>Lois-Lucy Lane wrote:

>truemiracle12 wrote:

I hope so, but we don't know the story, Clark might not become a reporter until the end of Man of steel.
I have always thought how does clark wear the superman suit under his work suit, where does he put the boots and cape?

I've always wondered about that also, Lois. Especially the cape, since it's going to be rather large in Man of Steel. I'm really hoping we get a new official picture from the production before the end of the year. Fingers crossed on that one.

Hypoxic

>Lois-Lucy Lane wrote:

>truemiracle12 wrote:

I don't think there's an inherent correlation between the shirt ripping and Clark being a reporter.

Anyway, I would suppose they could do it, but it's not necessity.
Easy, miss. I've got you.
_____

Get away from me, padre. You reek of the irrational. - Lex Luthor

A6K
Well the whole suit under street clothes thing may be done and over with. Maybe. In the last issue of Superman Clark has his sleeves rolled up and his collar unbuttoned, but he goes in the bushes and comes out in the suit.

Is this part of the whole law suit? I was under the impression that the armor was a because of the law suit in a round about way. Because the original suit was tights so DC/Warner was forced to change that. IDK.

I tend to think they are going the same direction for the movie. It looks like a tight fitting armor made of small plates with gauntlets on the sleeves, the designs on the back and legs. I may be way wrong on this, it's just my speculation.

But I tend to think ripping the shirt open has become too cliche. When I saw Spiderman and he ripped his shirt open several people whispered "like Superman"
But then again people almost expect it.

Edited by A6K on 05/12/2011 18:52

A6K
I tend to think that I use "tend to think" too much.

The Last Kryptonian
Is it just me or does Henry Cavill look a lot like Tom Welling in some pics?

Jump to Forum: