Print Thread
who should play jor-el in the new movie?
UK_Kal-El
Super_Fan32 wrote:
If I was doing the Superman Reboot I would of Kept Brandon Routh as Superman and if Christopher Reeve was still alive I would have him as Jor-El. But With who i would cast as for living Actors I think Jon Hamm (Madmen) would be a good choice for Jor-El

with todays computers and technology its not impossible to have christopher reeve as jor-el,just need a voice over.
Its been done before,in the UK an old comic bob monkhouse died of cancer and with approval from his family a advert was created on cancer awareness using said technology.
I dont know how it was done,but it was done,Also brando in SR.

not my cup of tea,but if WB wanted it?

my vote....jeff bridges.
THE WORLD NEEDS SUPERMAN

Bizzar-o
Whogaman wrote:
The better question should be "Should Jor-El even be in TNM?"

I think most people knows Superman's back story, and to dwell on it other than in passing in the opening credits would be a waste of time.

If you incorporated Superman's origin story here, you would have a 3 hour long film, and that might turn a lot of people off. So I think if that if they do show the origin story, it should be short, and Jor-El's part should be limited.

Very, very much agree with this, having Jor-el in the new movie would lead me to believe that they'd be doing ANOTHER origin story & that's a no-no.

But if I had to cast it then my pick would be Bruce Greenwood (Christopher Pike from the new Star Trek movie). He's an older actor, but not too old, has a very distinguished look and always conveys trust, courage and wisdom in the characters he plays.
Gosh Mr White that's terrible!

JR1989
How about Alan rickman for jor-el?
"You will give the people of earth an Ideal to strive towards, they'll race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall but in time they will join you in the sun, in time you will help them accomplish wonders"

Utah13
The Dude

JR1989
Whogaman wrote:
The better question should be "Should Jor-El even be in TNM?"

I think most people knows Superman's back story, and to dwell on it other than in passing in the opening credits would be a waste of time.

If you incorporated Superman's origin story here, you would have a 3 hour long film, and that might turn a lot of people off. So I think if that if they do show the origin story, it should be short, and Jor-El's part should be limited.

As for who should get the part, how about Hugh Laurie of "House"? He might be just the right age to have an infant son to save from Krypton's destruction.

Peace Whoga

I think jor-el should at least be at the fortress giving superman advice if needs it and I wouldn't mind a 3 hour superman movie.

Hugh Laurie might make better Perry white but I think he might be too busy working on house.
"You will give the people of earth an Ideal to strive towards, they'll race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall but in time they will join you in the sun, in time you will help them accomplish wonders"

James-El
I said Brandon Routh, so at least he's still kept in the movies. He would've been a better Superman, but Zack and Chris have already cast Henry
Superman: "I'm for everyone"

JR1989
James-El wrote:
I said Brandon Routh, so at least he's still kept in the movies. He would've been a better Superman, but Zack and Chris have already cast Henry

Routh for jor-el could work
But maybe because he was in SR they won't pick him.

Lois
JR1989 wrote:
James-El wrote:

Routh for Jor-el is an interesting idea, I like it! Wink

They could pick him, have him made up to look older for the role. We might not even recognize him Wink
Read my mind

Hypoxic
Utah13 wrote:
The Dude

Rooster Cogburn? John Wayne's dead. Pfft
Easy, miss. I've got you.
_____

Get away from me, padre. You reek of the irrational. - Lex Luthor

Whogaman
James-El wrote:

Sorry to say that this is a reboot, and that this should be a fresh start. When you think that Brandon Routh should play Jor-El, you have to look at why they did not cast him in the lead role. David Goyer has said that this is going to be something we haven't seen before. So I don't think that seeing Brandon Routh as Jor=El is very likely.

Peace Whoga
[img]https://scontent-b-pao.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/v/1543679_624694037566834_909789152_n.jpg?oh=448b277b52c10f94d290f54275a18dc1&oe=52D8C0FD[/img]=====================================
"Like the only real magic -- The magic of knowledge."

Utah13
Hypoxic wrote:
Utah13 wrote:
The Dude

You mean "The Duke"

Drago
[img]http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/6393/jorel.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

RUPERT EVERETT as JOR-EL

(Born 29 May 1959 age 51) is an English actor.

WHY?
While Everett is not a prominent leading man at age 51 he certainly has earned his acting chops, from Shakespeare to Inspector Gadget and voice over work in Shrek and The Chronicles of Narnia. He would be easy to take seriously as Krypton's leading scientist and seeing his broad range of genres would probably take the role seriously himself.

Plus he looks like some comic incarnations of Jor-El.
Drago

Hypoxic
Utah13 wrote:
Hypoxic wrote:
Utah13 wrote:
The Dude

You mean "The Duke"

No, I was referencing True Grit and Rooster Cogburn who was played by the Duke and and the Dude. Thanks for ruining my joke! Pfft
Easy, miss. I've got you.
_____

Get away from me, padre. You reek of the irrational. - Lex Luthor

Fulcon
Jeff Bridges for Jor El! JEFF BRIDGES FOR JOR EL!

He could play Jor El as Obi-Wan Lebowski...it could be THE BIG LEBOWSKI 2!
You know, the reason I like Superman is because he is an unabashed good guy, not this angsting dude with an anguished past who kills people while angsting.

It's time to show people why Light and Bright Heroes are awesome again.

----------

Your mission: Draw a picture of a crossover between the cast of Superman: Returns and the cast of Smallville.

How would the two cast's interact?

PM me when you have succeeded.

JR1989
How about ed Harris as jor-el?

He looks like he could be jor-el.

JR1989
Dylan mcdermott?

If he's still acting I haven't seen him in anything for a long time.

Tireman
i think that easy i think liam neeson would be a great jor el or dennis quaid

Tireman
man i am so tired of being hoping to see brandon routh in this movie ... brandon routh has jor el ... give me a break ... geez ...
i wonder if some of you have creepy pictures of brandon routh on your computers or something... i swear if when its time to cast jimmy olsen i better not see people posting ... :maybe then can get brandon routh" .... they dont want no part of superman returns or smallville or the donner films ... thery going to start fresh and folks its exactly what we need .. superman is the best superhero and his movies and games are horrible he deserves justice.

PScottMorgan
FlashGordon wrote:
Timothy Dalton.

Yeah, I'd buy that
Easy Miss, I've got you...

Sven-El
PScottMorgan wrote:
FlashGordon wrote:
Timothy Dalton.

Yeah, I'd buy that

Me too! Now that you mention it... have him grow the beard and I think he could look pretty close to the Jor-El we see in the current comics books.
"You're here for a reason. Now I don't know what reason or whose reason but it's not just to score touch downs. "
-Jonathon Kent.
SUPERMAN: THE MOTION PICTURE

Jump to Forum: