Print Thread
The Costume for the New movie
a young tony curtis

>Pyxlmytlyk wrote:

<i></i>

>Hypoxic wrote:

>suttie7 wrote:

I can see what will happen....if he is shirtless in the movie it will end the "fake muscles" debate, but if he is not shirtless at any point then the "fake muscle" haters will use that as evidence that they ARE fake muscles!

It wouldn't end any debate, but I'd prefer a debate over a pointless chest shot. Anyway, a Making of Man of Steel documentary will likely be released and will end any such debate.

I agree! I'm looking forward to the "Making MOS" as much as i'm longing for the actual movie!

Well I'm more interested in seeing the movie to be honest Pyxl,watching a 'making of' dvd at home will be very interesting and I look forward to it a lot,but sitting in the cinema with loads of fans on opening night as the lights dim.......man I cant wait for that!!!

I think I've just peed a little.............

Saint Expeditus

>suttie7 wrote:

I can see what will happen....if he is shirtless in the movie it will end the "fake muscles" debate, but if he is not shirtless at any point then the "fake muscle" haters will use that as evidence that they ARE fake muscles!

How is thinking the muscles are a suit considered a "hater"? That Cavill is wearing a muscle suit doesn't diminish him in the role ???

suttie7

>Saint Expeditus wrote:

>suttie7 wrote:

How is thinking the muscles are a suit considered a "hater"? That Cavill is wearing a muscle suit doesn't diminish him in the role ???

I cant comment on the haters part, but I dont think everyone is in 100% agreeance that its a muscle suit. So if people debate it then its not THAT obvious a problem. I know when Superman is fighting Zod in the movie I will not be looking closely at the biceps and thinking "I hate that he is wearing a muscle suit." I'll be watching Supes, Zod and the set being trashed. It only detracts from the role if its that bleeding obvious to the avergae viewer that its a muscle suit.

For lack of a better comparison(sorry), compare a woman who puts two balloons down her shirt to one with a push up bra. The balloons look ridiculous to all people because its obvious they arent real, whereas a push up bra makes everything look real and believable.

At the end of the day, if you look at the photos and analyze them closely then you may conclude he is in a muscle suit. However, in the movie, there wont be frozen shots, its all motion and it will be harder to tell if its a muscle suit. If you think that because you have pre-conceived ideas that its a muscle suit and therefore diminishes his role and as a result you dont enjoy the movie as much, then you are different from me and probably different from most other people too.
His name is Kal-El. He will call himself Clark Kent, but the world will know him as Superman.

Comicsbloger
Well here is the new suit it looks like he was playing in the dirt not bright colors like in the past. It is almost like he is wearing rubber. Does not look like clothe.
[img]http://www.centralcitycomicsdb.com/supesred.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.
Keep the main thing the main thing

Hypoxic

>Comicsbloger wrote:

Well here is the new suit it looks like he was playing in the dirt not bright colors like in the past. It is almost like he is wearing rubber. Does not look like clothe.
[img]http://www.centralcitycomicsdb.com/supesred.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

I'm afraid that is not the new suit. It's an altered image of the new suit. The actual suit doesn't have the red in the midsection, i.e. no briefs.
Easy, miss. I've got you.
_____

Get away from me, padre. You reek of the irrational. - Lex Luthor

jpharrah
he is wearing a muscle suit its obvious but what does it matter if he is or isnt he looks great in it.... sup SE you are from eyesskyward right?

Saint Expeditus

>jpharrah wrote:

he is wearing a muscle suit its obvious but what does it matter if he is or isnt he looks great in it.... sup SE you are from eyesskyward right?

Yeah I am the same SE. I had noticed you posting both places as well. The Superman community knows no borders Smile

To be clear, I agree that the muscle suit is obvious in still photo's and I think I won't be obvious with the final product. I actually think it is far and away the best execution of a muscle suit I have ever seen. So bravo...

Sometimes fans seem to need their actor to be as buff as the character and want to believe that that muscle is all real. I don't really get that...

Comicsbloger
Hypoxic you are right the other photo was altered to show color this on it unaltered from the set of MOS. Still looks dingy and and like rubber.
[img]http://www.centralcitycomicsdb.com/MOSSuit.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.
Keep the main thing the main thing

Lois

>Comicsbloger wrote:

Hypoxic you are right the other photo was altered to show color this on it unaltered from the set of MOS. Still looks dingy and and like rubber.
[img]http://www.centralcitycomicsdb.com/MOSSuit.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

Not liking the look of this suit at all. However, I wait to give my final opinion until I see the movie. Wink
Read my mind.

sman24
Sorry for me acting like an ass a few months back. I was going through alot. Even though I'm still not happy with the casting in this superman movie I'm sure he's a very good actor. Im just not going to put to much hope in this movie and I don't think anyone else should ether because remember many of us had high hopes for superman returns and lots were let down. Then green lantern came out and again many had high hopes just to be let down again. So I say go into this movie not expecting much because if u go in with high hopes u may or may not be let down.

crazymaverick
I'm no good at manips, but I have an idea for one.

[img]http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/2327/retromanofsteelbyfanboi.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

How about someone with some actual photoshop talent taking a whack at something like this?

(FYI - I did not create the original image, I just changed the colour of the belt area to red. The original image was created by fanboii, if I'm not mistaken.)
Obsessed with the \S/

crazymaverick
Here's another stab at it:

[img]http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/8956/themanofsteelbybrohawk.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

Original art by Brohawk posted at deviantart
Obsessed with the \S/

Saint Expeditus
http://socialitel...id=6738422

Let me be the first to say, that I was sure Cavil was wearing a fantastic muscle suit and I was wrong. The suit may have some padding, but still.... I am impressed with the physical preparation he made for the film.

I still think the costume design looks like ass; but that is a separate issue.

a young tony curtis

>Saint Expeditus wrote:

Let me be the first to say, that I was sure Cavil was wearing a fantastic muscle suit and I was wrong. The suit may have some padding, but still.... I am impressed with the physical preparation he made for the film.

There are few who would admit to being wrong,especially when it comes to us fanboys and gals on sites like these,so respect is due Saint Expeditus.

superking
I think the suit is innovative and 10 times better than returns....ie, the bendon briefs!, the prep cavill has done to play this part is nothing short of remarkable....and the padding is pretty much par for the course in any superhero suit.....at least its subtle enough to hav fans debateing it.

as far as suit comparisons...the cape alone kicks all sorts off ass over practically any previous superman...just my opinion.

suttie7

>Saint Expeditus wrote:

Very manly of you to admit it, although I guess there was no hiding from it if you go back to the conversation you and I had at the top of the page. Maybe since you don't like the suit you will enjoy the Clark Kent rescues(which there seems to be a few of) more than Supes...
His name is Kal-El. He will call himself Clark Kent, but the world will know him as Superman.

Lois

>crazymaverick wrote:

Here's another stab at it:

[img]http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/8956/themanofsteelbybrohawk.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

Original art by Brohawk posted at deviantart

I like this very much! Smile
Read my mind.

Lois

>sman24 wrote:

Sorry for me acting like an ass a few months back. I was going through alot. Even though I'm still not happy with the casting in this superman movie I'm sure he's a very good actor. Im just not going to put to much hope in this movie and I don't think anyone else should ether because remember many of us had high hopes for superman returns and lots were let down. Then green lantern came out and again many had high hopes just to be let down again. So I say go into this movie not expecting much because if u go in with high hopes u may or may not be let down.

Interesting points.
I for one am really looking forward to the new movie and I like the casting.
I also liked the Green Lantern film very much and I also liked Superman Returns.
I sincerely hope that you enjoy the new movie. Smile
Read my mind.

Made of Steel
I'm honestly not too crazy about this suit--I mean Henry looks great, but I'm not feeling the love for the suit. I really wish they'd kept the trunks in, because without them to me it just looks awkward. I mean the trunks were probably there for modesty reasons, and not only that, but there just needs to be more red. I don't love the new suit in the comics, but they had the right idea by making the belt red so at least there isn't this whole color palette of blue.

Regardless, I hope we get more shots of the suit in the trailer.

sandman1347

>Lois wrote:

Interesting points.
I for one am really looking forward to the new movie and I like the casting.
I also liked the Green Lantern film very much and I also liked Superman Returns.
I sincerely hope that you enjoy the new movie. Smile

Wow. You must be Warner Brothers' ideal customer! You actually liked Green Lantern!?

Jump to Forum: