Superman Homepage » Television » Smallville
 Print Thread
Smallville Season 10 Predictions:
krypto-mac
Okay everybody, I'm well aware that there's a future episode discussion thread, as are we all. But this thread is a little bit different. This thread is purely for specific predictions only. I'm not creating this thread with the desire that we all start in-depth analyses of what may be to come.

The idea for this thread came to me, after i predicted who the Red Queen from season 9 would be. That was a prediction i made in the thread myself and Lex Vader have to discuss and debate episodes. But not everybody reads that thread, so only a handful of people knew that i had predicted that.

Now, i am in no way a glory-hog. I don't expect anybody to pat me on the back for making a reasonably obvious deduction. I'm quite sure tens of thousands of viewer's would have made that very same deduction. But it did spark in me an idea to create this thread.

Here, you can make your predictions for season 10, for everybody to see. If they end up being correct, then everyone who has read this thread will know that you made that call before anyone else. If you agree with somebody else's prediction, everybody will know that too.

For all intents and purposes, this thread is your chance to say, "See, i told you so!" Wink

If nobody gets behind this thread, then it will simply shuffle it's way backwards page by page until it is long forgotten. I'm rather hoping that people do get behind this thread though, and that it becomes an enjoyable thread for all, as season 10 progresses to it's inevitable conclusion.

So predict away! I'm definitely keen to see what people think is going to happen in Smallville's final season.

Edited by krypto-mac on 19/08/2010 07:19

To err is human, to moo is bovine.

TheSuperman
I predict we will see the superman uniform this season. yay i win Smile
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,

that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

Leviticus 18-22 remember it.

Johnjones
Interesting idea for a thread... If I have to think of something off the top of my head then I predict most (if not all) the Fourth World characters will be largely misused and adapted to live action poorly. I will also suggest that the final fight between Darkseid and Clark/Superman will be a huge let down, even more than Doomsday was.

I think they will try hard, so hard in fact that they cram too much into one season and greatly disappoint us all. Just my thoughts. More to come as episodes begin to air.
"Future events such as these, will effect you in the future."

-Plan 9 From Outer Space-

Johnjones
Also, I forgot to add that since Smallville is famous for stealing ideas from other shows and movies I predict this season will be largely molded to reflect LOST's final season. Although that's pretty obvious already IMO, so not much of a prediction.

Lex Vader
So Clark will have a girly fight with Darkseid after a commercial interruption and then knock him off a cliff?

Johnjones
So Clark will have a girly fight with Darkseid after a commercial interruption and then knock him off a cliff?

Something like that. Would you say differently?

krypto-mac
TheSuperman wrote:
I predict we will see the superman uniform this season. yay i win Smile

Haha, nice one. Smile

krypto-mac
Well, it seems this thread has been well received so far. Here are a couple of my predictions:

- Lana will return for at least one episode. Though i'm thinking it will likely be a two-parter. I hope she doesn't, but i know Tom Welling would like for her to return for some closure.
- Orion will make an appearance. He will probably be a big part of the season.
- Though Darkseid will be the chief villain of the coming season, i'm presuming they'll be going with the Boss Dark Side angle. At least i hope, because they don't have the budget to pull off Darkseid properly.
- In taking this angle, they'll recall Dan Turpin - who appeared in the episode "Bulletproof".

For a bit of wishful thinking; here's my final prediction, which unfortunately, i suspect will be wrong:

- Clark will; don the Superman outfit, and out himself to the public with a few episodes still left in the season - so that we get more than a 1 episode payoff for 10 season's of waiting.

Time will tell.

Johnjones
- Clark will; don the Superman outfit, and out himself to the public with a few episodes still left in the season - so that we get more than a 1 episode payoff for 10 season's of waiting.

Actually, I believe that will happen only in the final episode. The clips they intend to create for the final moments of the show will probably have Tom Welling in the actual Superman outfit. At least that's how I think they will end it. Although, instead of seeing Superman in action, I think I'd prefer to see a homage to the first time Christopher Reeve flew out of the Fortress. That's the way I've always seen Smallville ending.

My main question now is: How likely do you believe it is that Michael Rosenbaum will return for at least 1 episode?

Edited by Johnjones on 20/08/2010 00:39

AKalel
I would like to be proven wrong but I think in alot of ways due to all the things that have been said and hinted at re this season it will be a major disappointment. Now I do not mean cause there most likely will not be a season 11 but for the fact so much stuff is planned that some stuff will either be short changed or we will be subject to a large amount of unanswered questions.

TheSuperman
AKalel wrote:
I would like to be proven wrong but I think in alot of ways due to all the things that have been said and hinted at re this season it will be a major disappointment. Now I do not mean cause there most likely will not be a season 11 but for the fact so much stuff is planned that some stuff will either be short changed or we will be subject to a large amount of unanswered questions.

mostly likely you will be right

that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

Steve Wright
My main question now is: How likely do you believe it is that Michael Rosenbaum will return for at least 1 episode?

Very. They are apparently trying real hard to get him to come back for the end, and he has to be taking notice that EVERYONE is coming back in some capacity. He will look like a collossal douche if he doesn't come back. He has no reason not to. He has NOTHING going on right now, so his schedule would be free.

My guess is they may have him come back as a clone of the original. He won't have all his memories, so he won't know that he figured out Clark's secret. He'll have hair. because the clone lex didn't lose his hair in the meteor shower. So, they get around that issue of Rosenbaum's. In fact I think it would be cool if they do have him with hair and then when Superman shows up they can mirror his arrival with Lex shaving his head for some reason. They can copy what Lionel did to his hair in prison.

But, I've always believed that he would cave and come back at some point. I would put it at 75% we hear by Christmas and 95% we hear by february(when they would be close to filming the finale)

Whogaman
Steve Wright said:
My guess is they may have him come back as a clone of the original. He won't have all his memories, so he won't know that he figured out Clark's secret. He'll have hair. because the clone lex didn't lose his hair in the meteor shower. So, they get around that issue of Rosenbaum's. In fact I think it would be cool if they do have him with hair and then when Superman shows up they can mirror his arrival with Lex shaving his head for some reason. They can copy what Lionel did to his hair in prison.

I agree that the Luthor clone will have memory gaps, so he won't kmow about Clark's secret.

My problem with clones is that the clone is basically a different person like a child being a different personality from their parents. Unless they override the clone's personality with Luthor's fractured memories.

My prediction for 'Metroville' season 10 is we will see The Cadmus Project mentioned. Something funded by Luthorcorp in case of Lex's death. And I kinda doubt that Michael Rosenbaum although I could be wrong. Wink

And I predict that the finale will be a huge battle between Earth's heroes and the forces of Apokolips. I'm going out on a limb here, but it sounds good. I just hope they don't mess this up like they did 'Dudsday".

Peace Whoga
[img]https://scontent-b-pao.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/v/1543679_624694037566834_909789152_n.jpg?oh=448b277b52c10f94d290f54275a18dc1&oe=52D8C0FD[/img]=====================================
"Like the only real magic -- The magic of knowledge."

krypto-mac
Johnjones wrote:

Actually, I believe that will happen only in the final episode.

Yeah, realistically i know that's what is most likely to happen.

But i can still hope. Smile

Johnjones wrote:

I hope he returns for several episodes. At the bare minimum, i'd like to him in at least 2 episodes.

Now for another startling prediction:

I predict that Chloe will appear in exactly 5 episodes in season 10. Wink

Steve Wright
And I predict that the finale will be a huge battle between Earth's heroes and the forces of Apokolips. I'm going out on a limb here, but it sounds good. I just hope they don't mess this up like they did 'Dudsday".

While I think this would be a great ending. I don't see it happening. They just don't have the budget. To properly do that kind of ending would probably require a 10 million dollar budget (and it STILL wouldn't look like it should on the big screen). There is just NO way that the CW could afford to pay for something like that.

I think there will be a budget increase for the finale, but not one large enough to accommodate that kind of ending. My guess is that it will be Superman and Darkseid. But, Superman will get an assist by Lex in his battle suit. You can do something like that for about 5 million and have it look decent. But, since there budget is about 2 million an episode I highly doubt they will get even an additional 3 million. So, expect to be disappointed.

TheSuperman
does anyone know how darkseid is going to be handled?

Lex Vader
I imagine we'll get a brief glimpse of bad rocky face effects halfway between the teases we got with Bizarro and Martian Manhunter, and maybe they'll end the arc with a big foam suit that's a cross between Doomsday and Michael Chiklis as The Thing. And who knows if that will be at the end of the season or if they'll just abandon the plot halfway through like usual. But we'll have to deal with Darkie the skateboarding teen for 95% of the season, and even if they give us an apologetic huge fight scene, it won't make up for that. Just like nothing made up for Davis or Zod.

AKalel
I figure it will be a big booming voice for the first few episodes, then around sweeps we will either see a shadowy figure or see him omega beam one of his minions who either disobeyed him or failed then somewhere in the last 4 episodes we actually see him. I picture him being a cross between Titan and Grey Hulk.

redcapemr
I predict that we will see Clark wear his glasses.

TheSuperman
i dont know if this is fake or not, but here it goes.

[img]http://images.shareapic.net/images7/023230234.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

Jump to Forum: