Superman Homepage » Television » Smallville
 Print Thread
Roulette
Supereyes
Just getting it started, so after it's over, discuss. At least any good super heroic Clark moments in an Ollie centered episode? It's in the morning in China, have to wait till it's online several hours later. On my way to show for halloween goodies.
[img]http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t309/Supereyes/clois.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

~I look upon my powers as a gift...Not mine alone, but for anyone who needs them~
Superman: Peace on Earth

Click Here to see my Super Fan Art!:
http://groups.msn...lery2.msnw

TheSuperman
PREtty horrid from start to finish.

Stupid scene after stupid scene. I love how its SOOOO easy for oliver to not only escape from a coffen from the inside, but also break a lock. I also love how insanley stupid he was just to type his bank account number into a complete strangers laptop. Ya, hes the head of a company alright...

I also thought the whole chloe setting him up crap was lame.

Amidst all this crap was a decent idea for making GA find himself again, unfortunately it wasnt at ALL carried out well.

I also loved how they featured the entire Justice league without us seeing any of them.

The ONLY good scene was the rooftop scene, but woopty freeking doooo.

.4 out of 5
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,

that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

Leviticus 18-22 remember it.

hordakalpha
This wasn't one of the best Smallville has aired. And, am I mistaken or isn't Roulette supposed to be BAD???? I don't see how a baddie would work for a goodie just to help save Oliver from himself.

Best part of this episode was I didn't have to see Tess Mercer's face at all. I'd like more episodes like that since Tess Mercer is a waste of time. God, I hate her!!!!

Okay, now I hope this is the LAST episode where Oliver will ever wallow in self pity. Boring as hell since NO ONE cares what Oliver is going through considering Smallville already did the 'characters wallowing in self-pity' bit in earlier years. If I'm not mistaken Clark did it himself THOUSANDS of times in the past.

So, all in all not a great episode, but a passable one but it needed more Clark time and needed more time dealing with the season's core plot. I did like the ending where Oliver and Clark stood side by side over looking Metropolis and hope it means Green Arrow's league, with Clark, will get back to work and stay there. No more pity parties please and more time focusing on the core matters at hand, like finally having Zod do something useful this season.
(Hordak Alpha))
[img]http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/3131/smallvillesig2011.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

GeneralZod81
All I can say is, if Clark is going to turn into the Superman we all know in this season or series, they might as well cancel it!!
KNEEL BEFORE GENERAL ZOD!!!!

Steve Wright
I love how its SOOOO easy for oliver to not only escape from a coffen from the inside, but also break a lock.

While, I was not a fan of this episode (1.5 out of 5) I will say that in the show's defense..It was supposed to be easy for him to figure out. That was the point.

. I also love how insanley stupid he was just to type his bank account number into a complete strangers laptop

Ridiculous. No way he should have done that. It would have been just fine if they showed that he was cleaned out.

Supereyes
A poor way to make a new season legend. First we had Savior and Metallo which was a pretty good start, decent episodes, but Rabid wasn't so good. Echo was only average. And...well this....****! ****! ****!

Last year, "Committed" the fifth episode of that season made season 8 legend, with it's first two episodes being only average, but acceptable enough, Toxic and Instinct weren't good, but then after I watched "Committed" I officially accepted the season.

Clark is wearing that suit but couldn't he where that at some good necessary times? He didn't come to the rescue at the end which sucked.

When he saved that woman in her car, we couldn't see him. Lame. I like Oliver, I just don't like him taking over the story too much, the only episode last year he took over was in "Toxic" but at least Clark was able to have something to do in the end.

This is going like season 5 again. First there was a really awesome episode, a great start, but then the next only had, averages, and some terrible episodes, and then it wasn't until number 7...that's just too long, until we got a good episode, but my only problem was that episode was too dark, and it was the first second good episode after "Arrival" even though it was the seventh episode. Then "Solitude" being number 3 as the best after the premiere, but that was the 8th episode of the season which we should have had like in the first couple of episodes.

This is not a good place in order for the season being episode 5, it was too dark that early. But by the time it will be episode six next week, and which looks to be like a good episode, that will feel like it has been too long.

Whatever the plot is about in the story, couldn't Clark at least have something to do in it?

I got to point out, a Clark time moment could have worked in this episode, that's been missing alot lately, that could actually be used.

1 of 5.
[img]http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t309/Supereyes/clois.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

~I look upon my powers as a gift...Not mine alone, but for anyone who needs them~

kalel170
At least I'm not the only one who thought this episode was a bore. Seriously, a whole episode so GA can find himself again. Didn't he do that last season or the season before when Jimmy was digging into Clark's past and the Blur. Clark asked Oliver for help but he was drinking and partying on his plane because he discovered Lionel killed his parents and Clark knew.

It could have taken took less air time for Oliver to discover who he was and more Clark time.

Plus Chloe, I am getting tired of her character. They are just ruining her more and more as epsisodes continue. I miss the Chloe from the early seasons. Not this Oracle(from Batman comics) wannabe. She set the whole thing up. I realized at the end of the show when she confessed to Oliver it was her doing that I thought "no wonder she found out who Victoria was when Clark and Oliver asked for her help. Why didn't I catch that hint." But she did this for Oliver to find himself, but I thought the whole ordeal over self pity was because he killed Lex. Not because he was struggling to be a hero. What about the time she murdered a person. I don't care if Braniac was inside of her. Like Braniac would give a rats a@@ on who found out about Clark's secret.

I'm done ranting. The show was dumb.

SUPERMAN NORTH
Funny I thought this show was called Smallville and Not The Green Arrow show. No offense to Justin, but CW give him his own show for God sakes. CW introduced Kara in season 7 then quickly got rid of her because she did not serve a purpose any more excuse me but Kara is part of the Superman mythology, does Green Arrow not from where I sit only later when Clark becomes Superman and the whole Justice League set up. I'm surprised CW didn't call Smallville the Green Arrow/Clark Kent Adventures.
One person can make a difference.
[img]http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n171/knightangel1/m_e4d298e10f6aa87b47d7e587bd806217.gif[/img] is not a valid Image.

Supereyes
It's too late for that now though Superman North.

They've screwed up Oliver and Tess. They wanted to bring Oliver/Green Arrow back because he was good for the time they had him in season 6, that they wanted to bring him back again however he didn't have as much storylines in season 8.

Thing is, they should really limit their guest characters for a season, if they use them too long, then they'll be wasted.

The last episode with Tess seemed so bizarre. SHe acted different. They knew their character Tess pretty well, the thing she would not do, and would do, and say, and not say.

Though, whoever that woman was in "Echo" was not the Tess I know. She never gave a s*** about Oliver screwing himself.

Oliver's story arc has gone too far these past couple of episodes, thankfully he's done, I don't know if I would have survived him acting the same way in the next episode.

Oliver has like 18 episodes this season, last year he only had 12, but the episodes where he was being emo Oliver were about the same number of these episodes, Savior, Rabid, Echo and Roulette. Mostly that whole story arc went in order, Oliver could have skipped a few episodes so we didn't have to feel like this.

That's why it felt so miserable, but last year, Oliver had almost the same amount of episodes when he was being emo Oliver, in Toxic, Committed, and Identity, between 7 episodes, but he wasn't in all of the 7 episodes, which is why it didn't feel that disturbing.

But now...this just felt like so long, I wish he didn't have to be in all of the first 5 episodes.

Right now there's nothing I can do but argue, and that never helps. I'm so mad again. The whole climax with Oliver and Lois was done so cheaply, Oliver looks at his face, and that's the whole point, that's it! It's the best they can do with a low budget.

They focused way too much on Oliver that it caused Clark and Lois not to have a scene at the end, when they were last scene, Lois was mad at Clark for lying to her.

Gosh it's like they think about writing one strong scene in an episode, but they don't continue to make it better, they just forget something good ever happened.

Example, in "Rage" there was one great moment between Martha and Lionel, they were in a near kiss, great scene, but later on that season, they never continued writing where they left off in that incident which was interesting but they never wrote an aftermath of that near kiss Martha and Lionel had....not that I would have wanted them to kiss...I mean Lionel...that creep? Eww, but still that was a GOOD scene that happened in one episode, that was never later written with more consequences.

They've been considering on making a Green Arrow spin off show but never gotten to make that, because we've already seen so much of him, and now we are tired of him.

Supereyes
Opps, I didn't see the last two minutes until just now, so I have to change it to 1.5 of 5 with the last scene with The Blur and Green Arrow being pretty cool.

I had a feeling Clark would spy Alia being somewhere at some point being soon.

With the last shot showing Clark and GA working together, as good as it was, I wish it could be like that every week.

A story arc Oliver could have for last year could have been to actually team up with Clark occasionally. They make a great super hero team.

I would like to look at this season part of time, being about Clark and Green Arrow, like how Batman and Superman would occasionally work together in a Superman animated show, or more specifically, in Superman's career.

When the Justice League cartoon began (and God it was so good) it started off with it having been quite some time since Superman and Batman have been working together.

Oh and since I am saying this, I will just like to say to the Green Arrow haters claiming that this GA on SV is too much like Batman, he isn't really, because he trusts Clark, and is more friendly to him.

But Batman doesn't trust Superman, and shows a lot of hatred for him, and is not a slight bit nice to him, though it makes their friendship interesting. Friends, despite their differences on fighting crime, it's epic.

The show could be super heroic with Clark doing what he should do like in Echo, and occasionally, a nice addition would be Oliver/Green Arrow joing him to help him fight crime, that's how it should be, that's what we can accept from Green Arrow, but not allowing him to take over the series.

This episode was meant to get Oliver abck on track, what could have made it a little more interesting is to see Clark help him.

Now a lot of people liked "Reunion" but had only one complaint that Oliver stole the show, but I disagreed, Oliver was great in that episode, but I still thought it was Smallville, because Clark was there to solve the whole investigation and was there to save the day, but not in this episode.

What could have been cool if they were going to do this anyway, then this episode could have been about Clark struggling to help Oliver get past his dark path as the theme of this episode.

Roulette is supposed to be a villain of Superman right? i don't know much about her but I wouldn't like to see her again.

But this year bringing Toyman back, the whole priority was to being that good villain back to have a scene with Clark and to make it more of a Clark vs. a Superman villain episode.

Roulette didn't have a single scene with Clark. Wonder if that means next year for season 10, they will be looking over what happened at this incident realizing that, oh she didn't have a scene with Clark, we need that so they will probably give us just two minutes of her being back in season 10 in one episode sharing one scene with Clark.

TheSuperman
Steve Wright wrote:
I love how its SOOOO easy for oliver to not only escape from a coffen from the inside, but also break a lock.

While, I was not a fan of this episode (1.5 out of 5) I will say that in the show's defense..It was supposed to be easy for him to figure out. That was the point.

. I also love how insanley stupid he was just to type his bank account number into a complete strangers laptop

Ridiculous. No way he should have done that. It would have been just fine if they showed that he was cleaned out.

Point take, but the whole premise was stupid. As for the computer, that was just horrid writing, they couldnt possibly think that was realistic. Those who have money hold it the tightest.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,

that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

Leviticus 18-22 remember it.

kalel170
I have a question. When Oliver walks out of the gambling club Roulette? There was a poster on the door for bands. Something about the louder the better. Cant quite remember what it said. Was that Black Canary on the poster or am I mistaken?

SUPERMAN NORTH
this poster
[img]http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n171/knightangel1/snapshot20091024182224.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.
One person can make a difference.
[img]http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n171/knightangel1/m_e4d298e10f6aa87b47d7e587bd806217.gif[/img] is not a valid Image.

darkwarrior3007
There is not much that I can say that hasn't been already said. I was expecting a new villain and instead I got a mercenary working for Chloe. Not too crazy about the Oliver centric episodes and I agree that if that's the route they want to take then give Justin Hartley his own show. I wanted to see Clark go the Fortress and ask Jor El about the Kryptonian but of course we don't get to see that because the episode is not about Clark. I liked the end with Clark and Green Arrow on the rooftop but that was it. I have never given this score before but there is a first time for everything. 0.1 out of 5.Angry
I'm gonna take off blazer, loosen the tie, show everyone Superman is alive.

kalel170
SUPERMAN NORTH wrote:
this poster
[img]http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n171/knightangel1/snapshot20091024182224.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

yes thats the poster i am referring to.

Kem-L
LOL That opening slow-mo scene was so out of place. I thought it had skipped to the end of the episode.
I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude. You have to wait."
- Mitch Hedberg

mjyextreme
THE GOOD: THE FINAL SCENE ON THE ROOFTOP (REALLY AWESOME)

THE BAD: THE WHOLE PLOT. THE STORY ITSELF WASN'T VERY COHESIVE, BUT THE THING THAT MAKES ME MAD THE MOST IS THAT CHLOE IS STILL GOING BEHIND CLARK'S BACK.

I MEAN THE REASON CLARK WOULD NOT HAVE WENT ALONG WITH CHLOE'S PLAN WAS BECAUSE IT WAS SO STUPID IN THE FIRST PLACE. I WISH THE CHARACTERS FOR ONCE WILL JUST TRUST IN HIS REASONING INSTEAD OF JUST DOUBTING HIM
Marcus

Supereyes
Did I point out? Not sure if I did, but frankly, I like the this whole direction that has taken Chloe and Clark's friendship temprorarily apart.

I prefer the two to be like this SO MUCH BETTER.

I never liked the Chloe character, she takes way too much of the show's time, and sometimes focus' on her. To me......(and I hate to say this for the Chloe fans, not that her presence is necesary on the show but) I think she's an embarassment.

Out of all these years, since season 5, mainly, when Clark and Chloe became closer, we have seen less drama or the great integerity Smallville used to have because the only friend Clark would see is, Chloe. EVERY TIME. And every episode.

Since season 5, from that day on, Chloe has become a key part of the mythology which I don't like at all. Taken too seriously.

Any episode that factors on her, I find it all pointless, and a huge waste of time. She is boring. She has nothing to do with Superman, I don't find her presence in Smallville being at all, necessary.

Her character bothers me because she simply has no interesting characteristics in her. I don't mean that though. Chloe has personality, don't get me wrong, but it's not interesting for this show.

Since she has become the Watchtower, and has become pro-active, and slightly negative towards Clark, and only a temporal friend to him, it has given her MORE character.

She is actually appearing in character now.

I actually like the show taking less time off from her now, it's made me happier, and allowed Clark to be with Lois more often.

The show was loosing some of it's good integerity ever since all Clark had for a friend was, Chloe, and you could expect that weekly, but not Clois, or special effects, only once in a while.

She's not bad, it's just I don't want her influence fooling audiences that she is Clark's girlfriend.

At times, this show actually feels like it's about "Clark and Chloe: The New Adventures of Superman."

That's how I've taken it.

Now I don't mind her being on the show sicne she is spending less time on screen and with Clark, since now she is not taking away the story too much, it has made me a little more happy.

Edited by Supereyes on 26/10/2009 01:59

superking
Man..i feel like ive just been served up a helping of crapola on toast, i try to stay positive but GODAMN IT!....the end was cool but by then the episode was a Turd. the lois and clark scene was kinda cool untill it went ollie soap..and i better not hear chloe bustin clark for putting lois in danger ever again!!, who is chloe now?.....i dont know but im confused...she is turning into some kinda lana.....in fact the episode left me feeling when the whole episode was more like a lana show than a superman one...anyway 1 outta 5 for roulettes tattoo!!!!

Johnjones
I give it a 2 out of 5 because I've never seen The Game, so I can't compare. I'm sure it was a huge ripoff, but regardless, it focused way too much on Ollie. The last scene was cool though.
"Future events such as these, will effect you in the future."

-Plan 9 From Outer Space-

Jump to Forum: