Superman Homepage » Television » Smallville
 Print Thread
Smallville: The Animated Series
The Red-Blue Blur
I had this idea... It could be a PG-13 type of animated series from Warner Premiere and could act as the first animated series (instead of movie) for them.

The animating style could be like LOS: TAS. It could be connected to LOS: TAS if you want.

Get the design of Clark Kent in the first episode of LOS: TAS in your head... Now imagine that person avenging the Superman legend... Not like in Smallville... Clark would act like the Christopher Reeve version. I really like the thought of this. And the title wouldn't have to be Smallville: TAS, maybe Away from Metropolis or Last Son of Krypton or Kent Farm...

Please tell me what you think of it and give suggestions.

Lex Vader
The Legion style is horrible. They should just make it traditional like the old Spider-Man cartoons. None of this condescending anime-style crap, like kids are too stupid to accept animation unless it looks inhuman. If you think it's not important, go read the Superman Wednesday Comic and imagine it with Timm or Legion or Batman: TBATB style art and see how much it's worth then.

And although I don't have much patience for animation because there's never anything impressive they can do and no genuine emotion, it would probably be better than Smallville. It would be faster paced, less subtle, less emo, and they could let him fly or at least just have more action. It's not a bad idea, but then, I can't see a reason to make a Smallville cartoon instead of a Superman cartoon. Even Smallville fans would rather have Superman.

The Red-Blue Blur
Lex Vader wrote:
The Legion style is horrible. They should just make it traditional like the old Spider-Man cartoons. None of this condescending anime-style crap, like kids are too stupid to accept animation unless it looks inhuman. If you think it's not important, go read the Superman Wednesday Comic and imagine it with Timm or Legion or Batman: TBATB style art and see how much it's worth then.

And although I don't have much patience for animation because there's never anything impressive they can do and no genuine emotion, it would probably be better than Smallville. It would be faster paced, less subtle, less emo, and they could let him fly or at least just have more action. It's not a bad idea, but then, I can't see a reason to make a Smallville cartoon instead of a Superman cartoon. Even Smallville fans would rather have Superman.

LOS wasn't anime!? Clark would learn to fly in the ending episodes of season one which takes place in Smallville when he is in high school (season season would be the last season and take place in Metropolis, later becomes Superman in the last four episodes). The only things that are kept the same between Smallville and this series is that Chloe Sullivian is one of the main characters. In this she even dates Clark for three episodes and they keep being friends after she realizes the world needs him, now more than ever. In the episode they first date, Drax (from LOS: TAS) is the villain he needs to stop. There would only be two episodes involving Kryptonite freaks. Other villains include Brainiac's cameo for three episodes in season one and Lex Luthor for the last three episodes of season two. Firestorm would also have a cameo in season two. Is the idea better with these details?

The Red-Blue Blur
Btw, if I did what you suggested about Wed Comics, I think it might actually be cooler.

The Red-Blue Blur
Of course the Legion would be in two episodes in the first season as well....

The Red-Blue Blur
Please respond. I think it would be cool if Parasite could somehow be involved in a few plots, just a cameo and eventually an origin.

The Red-Blue Blur
Please reply.

The Red-Blue Blur
R-E-P-L-Y

Lex Vader
This is a forum for discussion of Smallville, not discussion of elaborate ideas for nonexistent shows which only share a name with Smallville that only you want to see, which sound like fan fiction except you want them to be made officially. There isn't a forum for that anywhere. If you want feedback on fan fiction, go write fan fiction and post it on a fan fiction site. If you want feedback on general ideas you have, I don't think anyone can help you with that.

The Red-Blue Blur
I don't really think I am going to waste my time going to a whole other site just to copy what I've said. Besides, there's no reason to freak out. Btw, this is an animated Smallville idea. If this isn't the place to post it then it wasn't right for that one other guy with the Photoshoped Smallville dolls to post his thread either.

Lex Vader
You said "The only things that are kept the same between Smallville and this series is that Chloe Sullivian is one of the main characters."

The Red-Blue Blur
Yeah. But it is BASED upon Smallville. This is my version of Smallville in an animated series. Like a Smallville reboot after a decade has gone by.

Btw, what I said about Legion's style of animation. I just meant Clark would look like he did in the first episode. Chloe would have the design of Gwen Stacey from Spectaculuar Spider-Man or maybe Allison Mack's design in the episode with Everywhere Man from The Batman. In the last few episodes with Lex Luthor, he could have the design of the version in The Batman, same with Metallo if he would get used in this series...

Jump to Forum: