Print Thread
SUPERMAN REBOOT IDEAS & RUMORS
The Red-Blue Blur
Btw, there is only the rumors of a hero in Metropolis in the 20 minutes and some more with mentions of an apparent savior in the hospital room of Alexander Luthor (who is told by his father to shorten his name for a new start) when he turn on the TV to the news. And Clark gets the suit in the last minute so Superman isn't really included. If that doesn't answer your question, he's just now becoming the hero he is meant to be in Metropolis, he was more Clark Kent in the Smallville scenes...

Anybody have any ideas that would work for Clark yet?? The search for his actor seems hopeless since so many other people hate Tom as Superman....

The Red-Blue Blur
I am looking for somebody to play as Superman right now and I came across this... I think he's an actor... Here's the picture - http://www.imdb.c...ni1254249/

I've come up with these actors... James Marsden, Eric Bana, or Sam Witwer as Superman? Any thoughts? I'm not crazy about it but it's all I could find of actors with a match of deatils to Clark...

Superman8
Blur-
that totally answers my question. totally sounds great as well. your last post said something about tom playing superman. i'm sure you mean tom welling, and the way your timeline looks, i think welling would be a great superman who is just discovering who he is meant to be. obviously if multiple movies are being made, it will take time to make them, thus giving welling time to age. so i dont mind tom welling as superman in your movies. ideas sound great. now that ive devoted my movie ideas to yours, i will try and help find a cast, and pray that someone with movie power is reading this lol. great workGrin

btw-the pic is of mark ruffalo. he is an actor and played in 13 Going on 30 with jennifer gardner. i've seen him in other movies and don't think he's Superman. nice look with the glasses though ha.

Edited by Superman8 on 03/12/2009 12:45

"For this reason above all, their capacity for good, i have sent them you, my only son."

Jor-El

The Red-Blue Blur
Thanks. Whenever I try to look for an ideal Superman actor, it always ends up with Tom Welling playing the part. It might be one of those things where the ideal choice is so obvious, nobody can guess it. Let's not have Kryptonians with an English accent in this one though Smile

Superman8
Agree with the no English Kryptonians. So since Clark is in the mid-20s, how old would your Lex be? Late 20s early 30s? need to know to find actor.
"For this reason above all, their capacity for good, i have sent them you, my only son."

Jor-El

The Red-Blue Blur
In my idea, he's about five years older than Clark. That would explain why he could run for president in Public Enemies (35+ is the limit) and yet, Clark still has the ability to be Superman at the age of 30.

Superman8
UGH! Everytime I think i found a Superman, i find a flaw! i recently saw Puplic Enemies with Johnny Depp and Christian Bale. J Edgar Hoover is played by Billy Crudup. As soon as i saw him on the screen in a suit, i thought of Clark Kent. Crudup also played the human Dr. Manhattan in Watchmen. I was so excited to see him in Public Enemies..so i raced to my computer...looked at a profile..AND...hes 5'8"..NOT SO SUPERSad

nonetheless..hes a picture of him from the movie. imagine a combover and classes and he is clark kent...a short short clark kent.

http://images.all...es_016.jpg

Edited by Superman8 on 10/12/2009 12:48

Jor-El

Superman8
ok. i hate to admit it, but my girlfriend actually has an idea for a Clark Kent actor that isnt complete nonesense. she is well aware of my obsession with superman and how i am searching for an actor to play The Man of Steel. She is obsessed with the show Grey's Anatomy and she sugguested an actor from the show. his name is eric dane. he sports a beard in the show but i googled pictures of him and found some without it. and i must say he COULD pull off a Clark Kent. im not saying it would work, but im just saying...

Jor-El

The Red-Blue Blur
Hahaha. I thought about the guy that played Manhattan.... I knew it seemed too easy! Btw, I'm not going to bother looking up that Eric guy but is he the one with the dark brown hair??

The Red-Blue Blur
Here's a post that Superjosh made, he was too lazy to copy it here so I am. It's currently being made as a comic book series on MOCpages.com by him. Search Superman Deliverance on http://www.mocpag... for more information...

"I got this idea for a total revamp on Superman's origin (me and a billion others, I'll bet). This, if I ever made it into a comic series, would be ten issues long. The name is Superman Deliverance, an alternate title would be Superman Genesis.

This would take the surprising step of never having Lex Luthor in the story until a sequel or something. This would focus on Clark's early Metropolis days, when he's still in college and hasn't made a public debut, being more of an urban myth at this point. I would have Ron Troupe, Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, Perry White, The Kents, and Lana Lang as the supposrting cast, as well as partial origins for some other heroes.

It would have a feel sort of like Batman Begins, not quite like the Dark Knight (which was maybe the best movie ever, but the tone wouldn't fit Superman as well). It would seem a little like some of the more recent SMALLVILLE episodes, but not based on those when it comes to the story. The Superman suit would be alot like the Superman Returns suit, which might be the best part of that movie. Except, I wouldn't want a cheesy yellow plastic belt, it would be more hi-tech than usual (instruments hidden inside the best buckle).

Overall, it's something like a combination of Superman Birthright, SMALLVILLE, Superman: The Movie (very little on this one), Superman: Secret Identity, and a few other comics. Anybody like the sound of it?"

superjosh34
yes, I am too lazy to post it, but here I am, so maybe I'm not. It's presented here as a comic series, but would work as a movie too. Anyways, here's my newer version of the post:

Alright, here goes...Superman Deliverance (alternatively titled Superman Genesis) is my idea for a ten issue comic series about Superman's origins and his early life in Metropolis. Here's the cast:

Clark Kent/Kal-El: Never explicitly referred to as Superman in this series, Clark is 22 during much of the story. It starts with him in Smaillville, not a weird perfect child (Boy Scouts, Football team, the guy can't do everything!). He's more human, getting angry when he discovers some of his parents secrets and stuff. When in Metropolis, he's going to the university there as a journalism student. He'd eventually get a job at the Daily Planet, but that's halfway through the story.

Jonathan and Martha Kent: Their first appearance in the story is at a hospital, once again dissapointed after hoping to have a baby. They find the rocket, bla bla bla. When Clark is older, it shows that the Kents are good parents, but a bit over protective. There's also some coemdy with them wanting Clark to marry Lana Lang.

Lana Lang: Clark's ex-girlfriend, who makes several appearances. Clark explains she's like a sister to him, much to her dissapointment. It also shows some of Clark's flaws. He isn't always as sensitive with Lana as he should be, not realizing how much she loves him.

Ron Troupe: Also in Metropolis University as a journalism student, Ron is Clark's roommate. Ron is more outgoing than Clark, and at times tries to help Clark (a little too much) with dating. Ron is mentioned as dating Lois Lane's sister, Lucy. Ron is one year older than Clark.

Lois Lane: As usual, Lois is a determined, opinionated, and sometimes intimidating girl. She's also in Metropolis University, but doesn't meet Clark until later. Lois is an intern at the Daily Planet, on her way to becoming a reporter there.

James Brooks: A SWAT commander in Metropolis, Brooks occasionally encounters some of what Clark leaves behind after he stops a crime. Brooks is willing to put up with this as long as no serious damage is done, which is more than can be said for most law enforcement in Metropolis.

Dan Turpin: A very minor character, Dan is a Captain in the Metropolis Police Department. He isn't sure what to think of Clark, and calls him a vigilanter. Turpin is devoted to discovering who's stopping all these crimes.

Lucy Lane: Sister to Lois Lane, girlfriend of Ron Troupe. Other than that, not much notable to say. Though younger than Lois, Lucy attempts to help Lois is some ways, similar to what Ron does for Clark.

Last Manhunter: A strange man claiming he wants to warn Kal-El of somebody, but Clark is also warned by a survivor of Krypton that the Last Manhunter doesn't have Clark's best intentions at heart. Who is he, and what is his shocking connection to Jor-El, Clark's Kryptonian father?

There are some other characters, but I'm keeping those a secret for now. I can say there's gonna be a meta-human cult in Metropolis though. This series would have some Batman Begins style dark feel. The sequel (currently unnamed) would go into Clark battling organized crime and the enigmatic figure behind it all. It might also have his public debut and him being named Superman, in this one he's sort of an urban myth. Anybody like it?!
--Josh--
Wink

superjosh34
obviously the actor for Superman is one of the hardest parts for a film translation. Reeve was decent at it, coming across as a nice guy that will get angry if pushed too far. But he just seemed a little too casual about it, which was probably mostly the scrpit's fault. I personally liked Routh in Superman Returns, he was one of the best parts of the movie. I realize some people won't agree, but oh well. He seemed sort of alienated, which really fit in with the story (even if the story wasn't amazing). Reeve obviously can't be in a movie anymore, but Routh could do it. and I do like the idea of James Mardsen as Superman, he could pull it off. The other characters don't need to look the the comic characters, neccesarily, they just need to be good actors and have the same general features like hair color.
--Josh--
Wink

The Red-Blue Blur
I think we can confirm the ideal Lois Lane actress for this fan ideal thing we're doing... Erica Durance. Most people like he as Lois and I'm a big fan of her version. Besides, I don't think there's many options for her. And I would like Frank to come back as Perry White. He nailed the part for me.

Edited by The Red-Blue Blur on 13/12/2009 18:58

Superman8
Wow. Alot to comment on. i'll start with the blur.
i like the guy who played manhattan, but like we both said, too good to be true. next, is the eric dane post. i think you are referring to the wrong guy on grey's anatomy. dane has almost a light brown, greyish hair and a beard. the more i though about it though, the more i am willing to say i do not like him at all. he is too old for the ideas you have.

superjosh- wow. i like the idea alot. i would much rather see it as a movie than a new comic title because i think theyre are already too many superman titles.

even though my Superman ideas ultimatley turned out to be duds, im not gonna stop throwing names out there because at this point, no question is a stupid question. sooo i watched one of my favorite movies, Righteous Kill, over the weekend and liked the main female in the movie. her name is carla gugino. she's an idea for lois.

ive also been thinking about lex's. cole houser is someone who keeps sticking in my mind. he usually plays a young, cocky, almost smartassy type of character. i think he's young enough for what your looking for blur and can be dark and twisted if needed.

Jor-El

Kal-El All-E
Me and my friend are working on a great script for a Superman reboot. I'll post an abridged version after we have it copyrighted. But, our ideal casting choices are:

Superman/Clark Kent - Sam Worthington
Lex Luthor- Faran Tahir (think of JL:Unlimited)
Lois Lane- Michelle Monaghan
Jimmy Olsen- Michael Cera/Anton Yelchin
Jonathan Kent- Bruce Greenwood
Martha Kent- ?
Perry White- Chi McBride

What do you think? Be open minded-think about their acting abilities and screen presence.
Respect The Cape...

The Red-Blue Blur
Kal - Pretty common fan choices. Not a fan of most of them though... I think the Lois Lane one and Anton are the only okay ones, the others are pretty much choosen without time. Btw, since when is Perry black?

For the fifth movie with Doomsday... I have an idea for Clark to get the black suit. Obviously, Jor-El gives it to him in the fortress like he would have done with the first one in this version. Jor-El will tell Kal-El in the fortress that (for his original suit) it was meant as a symbol of truth, justice, and hope on Krypton. Now, for the new black suit, it was a war suit used on Krypton and stood for victory and justice. Clark would wear a symbol black trench coat over it 24/7 rather than his whole wardrobe, just to make it easier to change into and I do want it to seem like he's more Superman than Clark Kent in this last one. For the design, it's just like this one but with dark gray rather than silver and the suit is much more kevlar and a dark gray version of the SR belt (which would be like the normal suit in this version but also an athletic type of fabric and of course it has the Returns S) - [img]http://www.superherotimes.com/newsarchive/Regen%20Superman2.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

Edited by The Red-Blue Blur on 14/12/2009 22:44

The Red-Blue Blur
And probally no bracelets ;)

superjosh34
Interesting. I like the idea of kevlar, but I'd go with black and dark red. for the belt, I'd like a very muted silver, maybe with a shine reducing coating or something. and then I'd have the stealth mode (which you probably remember from my comics, blur) that would turn the red on the suit grey for even more secrecy. this would be a very high-tech suit....
--Josh--
Wink

Drago
I think putting Superman in the black costume is simply a bad idea.
Keep the red,blue and yellow as always. The hint of a black suit in SR was acceptable since it basically stood in for a space suit.
And since when does Superman need Kevlar??? Nah.

Like the idea of Sam Worthington for the Superman role. Might make an interesting choice. He comes off as a little tougher than previous actors in the role.
Drago

The Red-Blue Blur
A kevlar type of material. You don't want tights, do you? And this black suit would be in the last movie for a total of about 30 minutes... My ideal suit would be the SR suit, for this black suit it's just SR as well in black and gray colors.

Edited by The Red-Blue Blur on 15/12/2009 11:08

Jump to Forum: