Print Thread
SUPERMAN REBOOT IDEAS & RUMORS
robert morrison

>robert morrison wrote:

MAN OF STEEL SPOILERS

Scene 11: Int Central Hub-Underwater-VFX
Number five (Jor-El) swims up to the central hub, retrieves Codex, alarms go off, dives back under

scene 25: Ext House Of El-Armory-VFX
Number 11 (Lara) touches number 5's (Russell Crowe) armor, where someone's sword went through, an energy lance

Scene 17-1: Int House Of El-Armory-VFX
Number 5 dons armor, energy lance, Kelex, sounds of Attack

Scene 16-1: Int House Of El-Observatory-VFX
Number 5 and ? .. Kelex and ? comes through the doors into birthing room

Scene 16-2 thru - 16-7: Int House Of El-Observatory-VFX
Number 5 and 11 say goodbye to baby number 1

Scene 16-8: Int House Of El-Observatory-VFX
#46 placed on table ... Codex infused into number 46's heart

Scene 181-2: Int House Of El-Observatory (Flashback)-VFX
Number 5 triggers blue ...begins which penetrates number 46's heart

Scene 16-9 thru - 16-13: Int House Of El-Observatory-VFX
Number 46 pod closes and goes into air

Scene 19-1 & 19-2: Int House Of El-Observatory-VFX
High Shot ...number 5 and 11 watch from below

Number 5 is Jor-El
Number 11 is Lara
Number 1 is baby Kal-El
Number 46 is Kal-El's spacecraft
"People are afraid of what they don't understand" - Jonathan Kent
[img]http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b496/RobzHere/pakent_zpsd2408dda.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

Tearmatt
I want this movie to be epic... please have a read of my blog and let me know your thoughts
http://narcissist...steel.html

a young tony curtis
This is part of a Polish News week interview with Zack Snyder from April 2011,it has been translated and checked.

[N]ewsweek: You are about to shoot new Superman with Christopher Nolan and his screenwriting collaborator David Goyer. Add your name and you've got our times hollywood dream team, much like Lucas, Spielberg and Kasdan were back in the 80's.

[S]nyder: I have to admit it is a project of my dreams and we have great expectations for it. Moreover, studio's and people's expectations are even higher. What Chris and David did to Batman was quite a revelation, so the bar is set pretty high.

N: I imagine you envision this bar in three dimensions...?

Z: Will "Superman: Man of Steel" be shot in 3D is a subject soon to be revealed. We are conducting certain experiment, which will determine the technology we'll be using.

N: Now you have to tell me more about this technology experiment! You just have to!

Z: Ok, but remember it's all in a testing phase. If it works, our "Superman" will blew Hollywood away. 3D is not James Cameron's invention, even though I'm sure he thinks otherwise. 3D movies were massively produced back in the 50's. However, visual effects were kinda modest at the time. So I came up with an idea, that Chris has found very interesting. I want to improve this old 3D technique and shoot our movie in 3D, but on a regular film reel. My visit to London interrupted this experiment for a while, but we are close to achieve what Cameron did in "Avatar" but without computers and digital cameras. I want my movie to look natural, to have this organic tape graininess. I don't want every shot to be color-corrected, digital cameras tend to lose focus. If we succeed, it will be the first professional 3D movie shot on regular cameras. And that will be total revolution.

N: Sound promising, but what about story? Do you want "Superman" in an old Richard Donner convention, the comedic Richard Lester version or maybe in this kiddish version, presented by Bryan Singer in "Superman Returns"?

Z: "Superman: Man of Steel" will be a whole new take on that superhero, and it will definitely not resemble Singer's movie, which I find extremely overstylized. My film is gonna be dark and realistic. There even was a moment, when we considered to give up all superpowers. But seriously, it's gonna be a solid, real action movie. Superman will be a real guy, evil will be tangible and Clark Kent will be working in an actual editorial office. These days nobody wants to see stories about plastic superheroes. Besides, why make them when somebody already did a long time ago. Comic book movies have entered a new era: they are unpredictable, epic and often realistic. My "Superman" will fit into these categories.

Nothing has been said about this interview before as far as I can remember,so maybe it's not accurate,but the 3D thing and Zack's thought's are interesting.

Hypoxic

>a young tony curtis wrote:

This is part of a Polish News week interview with Zack Snyder from April 2011,it has been translated and checked.

[N]ewsweek: You are about to shoot new Superman with Christopher Nolan and his screenwriting collaborator David Goyer. Add your name and you've got our times hollywood dream team, much like Lucas, Spielberg and Kasdan were back in the 80's.

[S]nyder: I have to admit it is a project of my dreams and we have great expectations for it. Moreover, studio's and people's expectations are even higher. What Chris and David did to Batman was quite a revelation, so the bar is set pretty high.

N: I imagine you envision this bar in three dimensions...?

Z: Will "Superman: Man of Steel" be shot in 3D is a subject soon to be revealed. We are conducting certain experiment, which will determine the technology we'll be using.

N: Now you have to tell me more about this technology experiment! You just have to!

Z: Ok, but remember it's all in a testing phase. If it works, our "Superman" will blew Hollywood away. 3D is not James Cameron's invention, even though I'm sure he thinks otherwise. 3D movies were massively produced back in the 50's. However, visual effects were kinda modest at the time. So I came up with an idea, that Chris has found very interesting. I want to improve this old 3D technique and shoot our movie in 3D, but on a regular film reel. My visit to London interrupted this experiment for a while, but we are close to achieve what Cameron did in "Avatar" but without computers and digital cameras. I want my movie to look natural, to have this organic tape graininess. I don't want every shot to be color-corrected, digital cameras tend to lose focus. If we succeed, it will be the first professional 3D movie shot on regular cameras. And that will be total revolution.

N: Sound promising, but what about story? Do you want "Superman" in an old Richard Donner convention, the comedic Richard Lester version or maybe in this kiddish version, presented by Bryan Singer in "Superman Returns"?

Z: "Superman: Man of Steel" will be a whole new take on that superhero, and it will definitely not resemble Singer's movie, which I find extremely overstylized. My film is gonna be dark and realistic. There even was a moment, when we considered to give up all superpowers. But seriously, it's gonna be a solid, real action movie. Superman will be a real guy, evil will be tangible and Clark Kent will be working in an actual editorial office. These days nobody wants to see stories about plastic superheroes. Besides, why make them when somebody already did a long time ago. Comic book movies have entered a new era: they are unpredictable, epic and often realistic. My "Superman" will fit into these categories.

Nothing has been said about this interview before as far as I can remember,so maybe it's not accurate,but the 3D thing and Zack's thought's are interesting.

I find it interesting that he says Nolan is onboard with the 3D idea. Nolan is an open opponent of 3D.
Easy, miss. I've got you.
_____

Get away from me, padre. You reek of the irrational. - Lex Luthor

a young tony curtis
True that Nolan is not a fan of 3d,but they have been a bit slow in revealing what they would use to film this with,be it 3d,or Imax or whatever,it is saying 35mm film at the moment,so maybe they are working on something different and have not mentioned it yet.

In some set pictures from the movie,two monitors have been seen next to each other,and some people are suggesting that they are maybe being used to try this kind of 3d style filming.

Saying that,if it was being used and was successful,we would have heard something by now,maybe the test phase did not work,and that's why no news on the subject.

Just to add,it appears that the views counter for this thread seems stuck at 65535?

a young tony curtis
POSSIBLE SPOILER!

Rumors over at ThinkMcflyThink.com are saying that Kal is a lost Kryptonian Prince,prophesied to save the world?!,maybe an idea from Flyby?

http://www.thinkm...ypton.html

Tomorrow we find out he is also working as a poledancer in Alaska,to help put him through college.

a young tony curtis
Actress Rondel Reynoldson is cast in MOS as a character called Kelor,I had read that she might be playing a similar part to the Kryptonian service robot from the comics,but in a more humanoid form.

from the DC database...

Kryptonian service robots are small non-humanoid robots created on the planet Krypton. The most well-known robot is Kelex. Kelex was once the personal service robot of Jor-El and later his son, Kal-El. In later years, Kelex was programmed to assist John Henry Irons and his niece Natasha. Another service robot from Krypton's pre-Cataclysm era was named Kelor. Like Kelex, Kelor was in service to the House of El.

If she is going to be some kind of robot in service to the house of El,then she will be in the Krypton scenes in the movie,or I was thinking that she could be on Earth,maybe secretly protecting Kal,as he grows up?.

Maybe not,but thats why this is the ideas and rumors thread,and MOS news is slower than a snail with no slime.

And Mods,please can you find out why the views counter for this thread is stuck at 65535 views,it's starting to turn me all ocdPfft

Hypoxic
I'll look ino the counter.
_____

A6K

Actress Rondel Reynoldson is cast in MOS as a character called Kelor,I had read that she might be playing a similar part to the Kryptonian service robot from the comics,but in a more humanoid form.

from the DC database...

Kryptonian service robots are small non-humanoid robots created on the planet Krypton. The most well-known robot is Kelex. Kelex was once the personal service robot of Jor-El and later his son, Kal-El. In later years, Kelex was programmed to assist John Henry Irons and his niece Natasha. Another service robot from Krypton's pre-Cataclysm era was named Kelor. Like Kelex, Kelor was in service to the House of El.

If she is going to be some kind of robot in service to the house of El,then she will be in the Krypton scenes in the movie,or I was thinking that she could be on Earth,maybe secretly protecting Kal,as he grows up?.

Is she just providing the voice or is she putting on a costume?
I would assume we get a good 30 to 45 minutes on Krypton? Should be a 2+ hour movie then. That's a good thought too, epically since we know Smallville is in it too, could be like Superman 1978 where it's almost an hour of Krypton and Smallville.

Kelor = Eradicator?

a young tony curtis
Good point A6K,she may just be providing the voice,as for how much Krypton and Smallville we will get,or in what sequence,who knows?

Opening with a bang on Krypton sounds like a Snyder thing to do,if he opened the film in Smallville,he would have to have that first scene end in something awesome,like Clark's first flight or similar,so it could work that way around,then switch to Krypton scenes?.

If the first teaser doesn't come with Bats,my head may just explode!

a young tony curtis

>Hypoxic wrote:

I'll look ino the counter.

What came of this H?

a young tony curtis
Rumor spoilery thingy

BleedingCool article,link-- http://www.bleedi...its-pg-13/

The first trailer for the film downplayed the action somewhat. The second injected a little.

The third, Bleeding Cool have been told, is going to ratchet it right up.

And then the film itself is going to “blow our minds.”

At least that’s what we’ve heard, give or take, from a few folk now. In fact, we understand that Warner Bros. are ultimately going have a very action-heavy advertising campaign that really plays to the film’s scenes of huge devastation.

There are beats of huge, superpowered action in the film, most of them built around Kryptonian vs. Kryptonian conflict. Trucks will be ‘pulled’ about like… erm… toy trucks. Buildings will be smashed like Lego.

When a Kryptonian gets into a brawl with a Kryptonian, things get smashed up. But how about when a Kryptonian gets into a brawl with several Kryptonians… in a built up area?

Those aren’t buildings any more, they’re crash mats. They’re weapons.

Sounds mind blowing if true

Lois

True that Nolan is not a fan of 3d,but they have been a bit slow in revealing what they would use to film this with,be it 3d,or Imax or whatever,it is saying 35mm film at the moment,so maybe they are working on something different and have not mentioned it yet.

In some set pictures from the movie,two monitors have been seen next to each other,and some people are suggesting that they are maybe being used to try this kind of 3d style filming.

Saying that,if it was being used and was successful,we would have heard something by now,maybe the test phase did not work,and that's why no news on the subject.

Just to add,it appears that the views counter for this thread seems stuck at 65535?

Perhaps we could have a 2D and 3D movie?
The Hobbit for example had both formats.
Not too keen on 3D myself.
For some reason never got to seem to like it.
It'll be very interesting what they come up with. Wink
Read my mind.

A6K
Is the cameo in Man of Steel going to be an actor with Christopher Reeves face digitaly mapped over it?

[img]http://imageshack.us/a/img248/9733/cameoreev3.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

[img]http://imageshack.us/a/img72/700/cameoreev.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

Check out this article from comic book movie. Note Comicbookmovie.com is usually full of ________

http://www.comicb...s/?a=73319

Hypoxic

>A6K wrote:

Is the cameo in Man of Steel going to be an actor with Christopher Reeves face digitaly mapped over it?

[img]http://imageshack.us/a/img248/9733/cameoreev3.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

[img]http://imageshack.us/a/img72/700/cameoreev.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

Check out this article from comic book movie. Note Comicbookmovie.com is usually full of ________

http://www.comicb...s/?a=73319

Hm. I think that'd be in rather poor taste.

I'm going to guess that it's Margot Kidder. Yep, Margot Kidder.
_____

a young tony curtis
Starkindustries and Comicbookmovie are saying the third MOS trailer will be shown in April?,if true I wonder what movie/s it will be attached to?

robert morrison

Starkindustries and Comicbookmovie are saying the third MOS trailer will be shown in April?,if true I wonder what movie/s it will be attached to?

Oblivion maybe or 42
"People are afraid of what they don't understand" - Jonathan Kent
[img]http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b496/RobzHere/pakent_zpsd2408dda.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

a young tony curtis
MOS Trilogy?,rumors from Batman on Film.com

if JL is canned…err…postponed, MAN OF STEEL is a hit and spawns two sequels (yes, we’re talking “The Man of Steel Trilogy” here), the first post-Nolan Batman film will likely come after this potential run of three Superman films. Thus, BATMAN REBOOTED will hit theaters in 2019, give or take.

If it’s 2019, that would mean that we’d have a seven year gap between THE DARK KNIGHT RISES – which end Chris Nolan’s trilogy – and a new Batman film. Honestly, I’m fine with that if it indeed turns out to be the case. I personally think that Warner Bros. should put Batman on film on the back burner for a bit and let anticipation build for a new film with a new take on the character.

Batman on film aside, it’s my hope that my friends at Warner Bros. will take this time to not only allow the folks behind MAN OF STEEL tell their story over the course of three films as they want, but also develop some films based on these great DC Comics characters.

from http://www.batman...12-13.html

a young tony curtis
While dropping his mega-scoop, regarding Harrison Ford's come back to the star Wars movies, Elmayimbe also revealed to Foxnews Laitno (at the end of his video reveal), that Man of steel has been screened to Warner Brothers execs, who seem to have gone crazy about the movie.

The movie is apparently so great that it will have no issue being the superhero movie of the year, beating Iron-Man 3, Thor: The Dark World, and The wolverine.

http://latino-rev...isode-vii/

Hopefully true!

Edited by a young tony curtis on 15/02/2013 14:46

A6K

While dropping his mega-scoop, regarding Harrison Ford's come back to the star Wars movies, Elmayimbe also revealed to Foxnews Laitno (at the end of his video reveal), that Man of steel has been screened to Warner Brothers execs, who seem to have gone crazy about the movie.

The movie is apparently so great that it will have no issue being the superhero movie of the year, beating Iron-Man 3, Thor: The Dark World, and The wolverine.

http://latino-rev...isode-vii/

Hopefully true!

Don't get me wrong, I believe in Man of Steel but these executives at WB go crazy over everything. The same was said about Cloud Atlas and Gangster Squad. So those guys are a bunch of lame brains if you ask me. Crazy as a sack of hammers.

Jump to Forum: